Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
ENOUGH already. this is a classified forum.let the BS stop NOW. mad

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When did you upgrade to moderator?

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
OUCH

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Three pages over two Savage/truck rifles equipped with Jap optics? Nice.

I agree with you! Fair deal, not great for a couple shooters.I've bought a lot of rifles this way FTF.

I don't think the guy was tryin to be shady, some even went as far to call him a crook. I think give it a fair shake and chalk it up to a learning experience for him. It sounds as though he may have just committed more than he can deliver, which is ok, an honest mistake doesn't make him a crook.

I'll say I learned how to better handle my classified sales because of this thread. I now won't commit to any deals until I know I have the deal I want. It probably won't read "1st I'll take it" either, it'll just say PM me. That way I don't get 5 pm's saying "I'll take it" and 2 on the board, while the ones on the board may think they have the deal.

Good Luck Fellers!
Go Colts! (next year)

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
PHHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTT crazy

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Good points on first come first served.

From other potential purchases I see several issues.

First, some poeple post the same item on 3 websites. For this, I see a solution of E-MAIL, so that it doesn't make any issues with pm or post I'll take it, Just my opinion.

I think the term I'll take it is too general, as EVERY time I am interested there is one or more questions that need to be answered before I can commit to sending funds. Simple questions like, Any rust, how long have YOU owned it, any defects in the metal or stock, etc, are NEVER fully mentioned in an add. Heck, I have even seen sellers look a gun over when packaging it up, and posting they found something bad about their gun they didn't see when postin, or forgot the gun had. Sure, a 100% once over SHOULD be done before a person posts a gun for sale, but it doesn't always happen..... I know I had a seller say his bullets were nice, but when he packaged them he realized they were not as nice as he thought ( another website sale) and we agree'd they were ok....

I lost a nice rifle awhile ago, and found out the guy who got it told me it wasn't nearly as nice as the seller suggested ( another website, again) so sometimes great deals aren't so great. I do have a few seller/ friends here who always go beyond the norm describing guns and condition, and I have also realized using my C&R in anyhting but face to face is a roll of the dice. I see many old guns that to me are beaters, selling for good $ with the addition "good for it's age" I guess that means if something is old, it should be expected to not be nice......

I have personal guns 45 years old that look new, guess the generation before me BEAT all of their guns...lol

Just a rant....

Allen

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
understandable, but thats why PM's and posts have times on them, so you know who was first.

any conditions placed like "I'll take it if......"
move to second over an "I'll take it"
cut and dried. don't see how its hard.

when someone makes several deals at the same time and tells each prospective buyer/trader that they have the item, thats not an honest mistake.
I don't see how its possible to honestly make many deals simultaneously for a single item.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Colorado1135, you just hit the nail on the head, seems he told more than one person it was theres how can that be a honest mistake

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can't make this [bleep] up - FUNNY! My favorite parts were the wife's rightous indignation, and the "these guns are mine too" crap, and the PA azz whoopin' part was good too. Who needs Lee24?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gemby58
Colorado1135, you just hit the nail on the head, seems he told more than one person it was theres how can that be a honest mistake

he told me I had them, who knows how many others heard the same thing, curious to know

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
well really dont think he will be doing any bussiness on here anymore, wouldnt matter if he said free i would look the other way on this guy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
me either, I already have him blocked in case I don't remember down the road

P
P
I thought it was odd she claimed they did internet deals all the time and we could check their references on the other sites but then said they should have stuck with local like they always have in the past. Odd deal the whole way.

Last edited by Pumah25; 02/21/10.
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Is this over yet????

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
This one maybe, but as long greed trumps honor the problem will persist.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
really smell something fishy both nikki and pa mt man are on at the same time, I'm starting to wonder who these two really are

Last edited by gemby58; 02/22/10.
M
M
Caveat Emptor, Let the buyer beware!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
For what its worth, he did turn down my trade offer involving one of the shotguns he was interested in. I dont think this was a scam for profit, but it sure was a mess.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Man, I swore I'd stay outa this thread, but you're gettin' a little rediculous.

Greg, considering your history on the campfire, you really shouldn't be wading in with quite so many accusations and speculation. Sure seems like you guys need to just let this die.

Check out my new website

http://www.howemtnknives.com/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll take them.... PM sent

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 57 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,868
Posts18,517,974
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.