[Linked Image]

That's a very uplifting picture.

Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by krp

RWE and his gayness/nongayness isn't important and I support our troops as much as anyone, but...

Kent

Thanks for your supp....

HEY! wait one [bleep] minute here!

Make and model.... that's what I like about you... attention to detail... ingwe just doesn't understand that

Kent

Call 9-1-1, I need oxygen! grin

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think she only has eyes for ingwe

[Linked Image]

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by krp

RWE and his gayness/nongayness isn't important and I support our troops as much as anyone, but...

Kent

Thanks for your supp....

HEY! wait one [bleep] minute here!

Make and model.... that's what I like about you... attention to detail... ingwe just doesn't understand that

Kent

Call 9-1-1, I need oxygen! grin

In all honesty, I went "down the throat" in 1992.

For all you layman, that means "an honorable discharge"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can't forget one for BMT

[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If those dudes told you their cadaver dogs could find something 30 years old.....

they were barking up the wrong tree.....errrrrr...down the wrong hole.... grin

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
After lengthy consideration (5.2 nanoseconds) I concluded that once again, tax dollars were at work.

The alleged perp who's wife went missing while building the house did a drive by about a week later. Guess he was checking hole placement. Most of the 'hood thinks the old gal is planted in my sea wall.

By the way, if you ever get a hankering for catchin' the bonefish, look down to the area of Big Pine Key or a little west at a place called the Content Keys in May, June or late September thru October. You'll need about 200 yards of backing on an 8 weight...minimum. And you'll likely need proficiency in casting in a breeze. Or you can do Andros, B.I. The bones aren't so big there, but they aren't shy and are plentiful.

Same time of year out around the Marquesas Keys you can find permit on the flats...that's the holy grail of fly fishing as far as I'm concerned. Bring more backing. You have to transit Key West to get there so leave the gay at home.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Heard that about Key west...... whistle

Screw the bonefish, how about Tarpon...any size....caught some babies in Pompano beach Wayyyy back in the day on spin tackle..it was a blast! grin

Have caught oodles of baby permit too ( aka;Pompano.....) but never an adult, I have progressed through all stages of a fisherman and no longer want the most difficult fish...I'm back to wanting the most numerous and willing ones wink

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well....permits are not pompanos though they are related. I don't eat pompano, but will jump through hoops for Permit. Yummy stuff.

Now if you want to catch 'poon, late April thru May is the time for the big ones, also down around Marathon, Big Pine and the Contents. Leaving May the average size drops but the numbers increase a fair bit. 12 Wt and an hour will get you a 100 pounder with any luck.

Brought a mid April 'poon to the boat near the Contents once after 4+35 on a 16# class plug rod. Was near 90" long and probably over 200#. Took me three days to recover and the reel was junk. Got photos..unscanned...epic battle she survived. That was the best part. One big azzed 'poon...

Otherwise, small 'poon on an 8wt are a hoot...mash the barb down for more fun, quicker, faster.....whoooot!

Last edited by DigitalDan; 02/22/10.

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

ALDO LEOPOLD
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Ahhh, fish again. Hope Old'm dont's has a conniption, could be 'the big one' as Red Foxx would say.

My buddy the last few trips, I'll be going in a month probably.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

He's got some video on a website but will be going commercial charter in a month so I shouldn't post the link here.

Hope Old'm took his heart pills... just saying...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
'Poon holdin' a fish.

[Linked Image]

DD,

Speaking of fishing and 'poon what'd think live weight on this one is - or on the hoof so to speak? Gutted, skinned and boned out there sure ain't much meat there. It's probably a case where catch and release is the better way to go. Lip hookin' would be OK - wouldn't wanna gut hook it though.

fish head

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
i can hook you up on tarpon in Mexico but it won't be cheap wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fish 'poon

[Linked Image]

I must say if I were on the boat and hooked into this 'poon I'd probably keep her. This one's got just the right amount of meat.

fish head

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Here is one of the guides in Campeche. It's the City/State where I worked in Mexico. Look through the pics it was a tough gig wink

http://www.campechetarpon.com/

There is a gringo guiding there now also, I can get his info with a phone call south................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
i can hook you up on tarpon in Mexico but it won't be cheap wink

I heard the 'poon in Mexico was pretty cheap.

fish head

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Here is one of the guides in Campeche. It's the City/State where I worked in Mexico. Look through the pics it was a tough gig wink

http://www.campechetarpon.com/

There is a gringo guiding there now also, I can get his info with a phone call south................

You don't need a guide to catch 'poon in Mexico. You do need to worry about catchin' something once you've caught one though. ps. it ain't the gay - usually - careful inspection prevents that.

fish head

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Yeah, know Dennis. Pretty Mouser ya got there buddy. Ol' Dennis is one of my favorite magicians. He built me this truck gun before we ever met.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It runs in the 8's, that being useful for discriminating which part of the radiator you want to perforate when trucks charge. The 1/4 bore runs around 1/2 MOA with 100 gr. Partitions and I think that is most pleasing. Shoots them better than BTs for some weird azzed reason I cannot fathom.

I'm getting eye strain,.....

What does it SAY,...the words atop that barrel ?

Regarding forensics teams in your back 40,....I tolt Ya' that gator would be trouble.

GTC

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 232 of 806 1 2 230 231 232 233 234 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 308xray, 25 invisible), 1,649 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,280
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.