Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
We�re pleased to announce Zephyr, a new ACRAbond stock for the drop-in Market. Over the past year, Serengeti has gravitated toward the semi-custom space because the majority of customers wanted us to go there. That left a lot of people who used to buy from Mel Smart without a modestly priced alternative. Six months ago, I mentioned we were working on a solution, which is now available.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Zephyr is a Merlin geometry, machine-carved 16 at a time, and finished in Polyurethane. It has laser checkering, QD swivel studs and a rubber butt pad. The barrel channel is carved for a #3 contour. This is a true drop-in that will accept MRC M1999 actions. Long and Short action models, in RH are immediately available. List price is $375.00. Dealer enquiries welcome. Call Larry at 406-756-2399 for more details.

Remington and Winchester models are planned in 2005.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gorgeous. Can you give us an average weight?
Thanks

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Rod, in the latest issue of Rifle you have an ad that showed a Mannlicher (sp?) stock, I can't find any info on that in your website.
I've always loved the looks of that style, what can you tell me about this option.

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that's how i'd design one. pretty, way pretty.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
We do Mannlichers. It's an option that we can apply to many of our geometries. I believe there are some project pictures on the site, if not, there should be. This pic was from the options list on the rifles pricing page.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ooooooohh. Pretty! BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gorgeous. Can you give us an average weight?
Thanks

Approx. 2# 8oz.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you. Mule Deer mentioned a similar one by Mel Smart that went 33 ounces with a Decelerator in the November 2002 issue of RIFLE. Could be a different model or wood. Beautiful stock with the bonus of stability.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drooling here! If you had it, I would buy one today for a pre 64 Winchester 375 H&H. Have discussed it with Rick Bin and am hoping he can get it done, in my required time frame. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
mho Offline

[Linked Image]

Nifty!
- mike

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slasher,

They have several different models to choose from. Larry at Serengeti told me the 2.5# was an average for the Zephyr line.

How would a #2 contour barrel look in a barrel channel designed for #3 contour. I like this stock, but don't want something that would look really stupid.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mule Deer's Acra-Bond dropped right in in his standard Rem LA so I can hope the drop ins for Rem and Win planned for 2005 come in around the 32 ounce mark. I have not made up my mind on the MRC. I know I want one of the Wins or Rems and looks are important but so is weight and balance. One could always drill a few ounces from under the recoil pad or channel as the special orders from Boyd's.
I have had "lost" barrels in black synthetic stocks, one in particular in an expensive lay up from 10 years ago. When the barrel is matte black, you tend not to notice it as much. The one in question fit so poorly with the skinny barrel that one side near the foreend was jammed in tight against the barrel so I did not have to bed in a pressure point. Geez, it would shoot, though. I did some major long range killing with it. Plenty of room, too, for the streams of water to run all around the barrel and out in hot weather at the range when using ice cubes to cool the barrel down. Folks at the range look at you like you are nuts when you held your rifle upside down and a stream of water poured out. Yes, it would look stupid in a pretty wood stock.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Rod & Larry, That is a beautiful stock and thank you for dropping by to show it to us. You are right, that will open the door for alot more people.
Jeff, Montana Rifle Company

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The comb looks higher than typical and the "length" of the recoil pad looks a bit long as well. Proportions just seem off some. Is it me?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rod, will you be inletting these, or can you do so, for a Ruger M-77 with the tang safety? How about the Mk II's? Thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blackwater,

It is my impression that Serengeti is supplying the Laminate blanks and a third party is doing the inletting in mass production style.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Tony, there is big discussion on this elsewhere. Some folks love em. Some folks have opposite opinions. We picked this shape from our stable of shapes because it appears to be one of the most popular.

The butt uses a medium sized pad, has 3/16 drop at heel and about 9/16 drop at comb. This is a Mel (Merlin) Smart design, hence the shape name. Zephyr is simply a low-cost Merlin using an ACRAbond lamination.

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Avagadro is correct on this one. We do only the blank and subcontract the rest. We supplied the tooling (pattern stocks and barreled actions). This is a drop-in, meaning less than semi-custom wood to metal fit. On the M1999 they should be bedded as the square-edge tang will chip the stock on the top of the grip when fired if not.

We are currently negotiating a volume contract for shorty Rem 700 RH, shorty M70 RH and shorty M77 Mk II. If we can come to terms, these three should be available around late April 05

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No shorty LH in Remington 700?

R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Not on the volume deal. And that's net 30 after delivery, so we won't see any revenue soon either. Still, we'll be looking for a way to do it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 222ND, 160user, 06hunter59, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 46 invisible), 9,833 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,361
Posts18,546,896
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.