Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bear2 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm becoming interested in adding a CZ 75B in 40 S & W to my gun collection. It'll be used for home defense, paper, recreation and (maybe) hunting. I've held one in a gun store, couldn't test the trigger tho. I liked the feel, and know it's SA/DA. I always shoot SA. I have a Browning Hi-Power and a Kimber .45 Classic Gold Match. So.....please tell me the good and not so good of the CZ 75B. Thanks in advance.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
funny you should ask about 2 mos ago I bought a new 75b omega model. its has become such a fun gun to shoot, I have taken it out twice in the last week in fact I like it so much. you have the 1911 then browning made the high power, which had to use different ideas as he sold his ideas to colt on the 1911, the CZ 75 use the advantages of both guns put together, to make IMO a superior gun.

I sent my gun off to CZ guru matt mink, he worked over the trigger so it breaks at about 3#'s depending on which hammer spring I have in it. I have to run at least a 17 # spring so it will set off the the 22lr shells when I run the kadet kit. if I install the 15# spring I can lower the pull down to nearly 2.5#.

this gun is a hoot to shoot, and slipping on the kadet kit is even cooler, I can shoot cheap low recoil 22lr in my gun and still have the benefits of the nice trigger and insane accuracy. the gun is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, the only problem is I end up shooting up all the ammo I have with me everytime. after owning a CZ I don't know why anyone would want an XD or glock, if you want something comparable in size and weight to those just get a P-01, it will shoot circles around the DAO polymer pistols, I say do it, I would consider the 9mm because you will want to shoot the gun a bunch and I think ammo will be cheaper.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
funny you should ask about 2 mos ago I bought a new 75b omega model. its has become such a fun gun to shoot, I have taken it out twice in the last week in fact I like it so much. you have the 1911 then browning made the high power, which had to use different ideas as he sold his ideas to colt on the 1911, the CZ 75 use the advantages of both guns put together, to make IMO a superior gun.

I sent my gun off to CZ guru matt mink, he worked over the trigger so it breaks at about 3#'s depending on which hammer spring I have in it. I have to run at least a 17 # spring so it will set off the the 22lr shells when I run the kadet kit. if I install the 15# spring I can lower the pull down to nearly 2.5#.

this gun is a hoot to shoot, and slipping on the kadet kit is even cooler, I can shoot cheap low recoil 22lr in my gun and still have the benefits of the nice trigger and insane accuracy. the gun is the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, the only problem is I end up shooting up all the ammo I have with me everytime. after owning a CZ I don't know why anyone would want an XD or glock, if you want something comparable in size and weight to those just get a P-01, it will shoot circles around the DAO polymer pistols, I say do it, I would consider the 9mm because you will want to shoot the gun a bunch and I think ammo will be cheaper.

the kadet kit while pricey to me is well worth it. did I say I love my gun??

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have one in 9mm. I much prefer it to any 9mm I have ever owned! I have had Sigs, Berettas and have fired just about everything out there.

Nothing fits and points and shoots better for me. Nothing!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Only point that I found detracted from the otherwize near perfection is that people with smallish hands have a little difficulty with the trigger reach in double action. It worked for me, but my wife couldn't shoot it.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with Dan, that's about the only criticism I can find with the CZ. The CZ is perhaps the most proven DA military pistol in service today, and since no major military organizations are complaining, I find little to complain about. They work right and shoot straight; what more do you want?

Y
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Y
I love mine but the trigger is lacking IMO. Other than that it's great. Mine is very accurate, looks good, and shoots every ammo I've used. I don't pack it as much as I used to since I bought a Kimber but I do shoot it quite often and still pack it around while hunting every now and again.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have both a CZ-75B and a Browning High Power in 40 S&W . The Browning has been to Wilson Combat and the CZ is straight out of the box. I'll take the CZ over the Browning every time. Trigger on mine is outstanding.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The CZ 75 is an improvement/near perfection on the BHP design.

That's saying about all that needs be said on it.

B
bear2 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bear2
I'm becoming interested in adding a CZ 75B in 40 S & W to my gun collection. It'll be used for home defense, paper, recreation and (maybe) hunting. I've held one in a gun store, couldn't test the trigger tho. I liked the feel, and know it's SA/DA. I always shoot SA. I have a Browning Hi-Power and a Kimber .45 Classic Gold Match. So.....please tell me the good and not so good of the CZ 75B. Thanks in advance.
If you have a Browning High Power already, a CZ would be a step down in most important respects. One "advantage" (very marginal) to the CZ would be second strike capability with a double action pull of the trigger (if you get a dud primer), but most experts would recommend that you treat a dud exactly like a jam, i.e., rack in a new one. The CZ is a little stronger, too, and has a slightly higher mag capacity. The Browning is sleeker and lighter and fits the hand a little better for most people. Much classier, too.

Not that the CZ is not an excellent pistol. Better than most.

B
B
I have yet to find a better trigger out-of-the-box on any gun. Friends who've tried it are suspicious because it feels like it's been expertly tuned. Accuracy is excellent too. When you compare the price and the quality, the CZ 75B leaves all others way behind IMHO. I haven't tried the stainless version, but it should be a winner as well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If you have a Browning High Power already, a CZ would be a step down in most important respects.

You are going to have to explain that factually and not with personal opinion.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
If you have a Browning High Power already, a CZ would be a step down in most important respects.

There was a lot more to my post than that one sentence.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although the CZ and Hi Power share some features, they are still very different guns. The Hi Power is much more compact and a bit easier for concealed carry. But the CZ has in some aspects, better ergonomics (with the exception of the length to the trigger). The shape of the back strap of the CZ and the position of the hand relative to the bore makes the CZ a bit faster in rapid fire strings (I�ve seen it on a timer with several different shooters).

If you�re willing to customize, the Hi Power can be made FAR superior to the CZ. Even light customization such as adding Spegel grips and either modifying or removing the magazine safety turns the Hi Power into one of the most inherently shootable pistols in the world.

Out of the box with no modification, I would probably choose the CZ because it doesn�t have that offending magazine safety of the Hi Power. Although the CZ is quite a bit larger (especially in the length of the grip), it�s actually no heavier than a Hi Power, so there�s no extra weight on the hip; just a little more grip to conceal.

Both will function flawlessly and shoot straight. Out of all the double action pistols out there, I think the CZ is the best.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Out of all the double action pistols out there, I think the CZ is the best.
In that, we agree.

I know that my one experience with a CZ 75 was likely a fluke (could hardly get through a mag full of FMJ without a jam, even shot, as a last resort, literally wet with oil, and even after hundreds of rounds of break-in). It did manage to put "a bad taste in my mouth," as it were, for the model. My Italian copy (EAA Witness), though, is a keeper, gritty trigger and all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a cz75 and really liked it a lot .But I'm a bit of a trigger wimp and I could not shoot it for [bleep].
It's not that the single action trigger was heavy rather it seemed long .I noticed while sqeezeing the trigger that the hammer cams back before it releases .So I would pull and pull and pull and then... yank it.Several times since then I have tried cz triggers at gun stores ,they all do the same thing.

Life is life and fun is fun but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.
Bror Blixen
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There was a lot more to my post than that one sentence.

TRH You still didn't explain.

Kevin my High Power has had a lot of the work you describe done by Wilson Combat. I will still pick the stock CZ over it. It sits lower in the hand and recoils quite differently....perhaps more controllable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kevin my High Power has had a lot of the work you describe done by Wilson Combat. I will still pick the stock CZ over it. It sits lower in the hand and recoils quite differently....perhaps more controllable.
Hey, just because I'm a Hi Power fan doesn't mean you have to be. The CZ is a great pistol, no doubt about it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was a die hard fan until I got that CZ smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 66 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,535
Posts18,472,769
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.