Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I don't much care what Allen does in his spare time. He's a heck of a defensive end and a pretty good bulldogger. However, he does march to a different drummer.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
GB1

I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I
Spanokopitas....you're kidding right?!!!

"Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788. ME 7:36
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Wow.... Like spearing fish in a barrel, only a bigger target..... I'm sure many a viking fan was in the "oh my god bad azz" mode while reading about it though. Sad

The one thing I look forward to with technology is to travel back in time to hunt mastodons!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Steelhead, it looks like those folks laying down suppressing spear fire are pretty hungry.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
The boys in Africa are doing what they have to in order to eat. I personally think they should have caught a clue from Europeans and started using big rifles, but advancement is difficult when the witch doctor rules the world. Allen is a complete other story. He thinks he is a badazz because he made a lucky throw on a tame, fenced animal? What a waste of skin and air. And a small elk to boot.

I enjoy hunting, but I only do it for meat or to thin pests. If others want to hunt for pleasure only, I guess that's fine, as long as the meat isn't wasted. But to use less weapon than you can guarantee a clean and swift kill with, is wrong. Whatever weapon a man chooses is fine by me, as long as he has put in the effort to become expert with that weapon.

Given the video, I am not even sure that the elk was not finished off by an off-screen guide with a rifle. Either way, it was a sorry stunt by an idiot, and the fact that Cold Steel is using it as marketing only confirms their lack of principles, which already became evident when they started making their products in China.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a clown. How about going high fence and over the feeder? How does my face paint look? Make sure the camera is on, this will be incredible footage.

Hindsight, maybe he should have just had the alfalfa in one hand and a pointy stick in the other.

I just watched the first 58 seconds, so maybe it got better.

Who should be more embarrassed, Coldsteel or Mr. Allen?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The dude may beat to a different drummer, but he is a spokesman for hunting and fishing. It was not illegal.

I don't like high fence hunting either, but it's not illegal.

Listen to most of his interviews durring the NFL season. He talks about hunting in most of them.

I also watched a show where he hunted wolves on snow shoe, and on foot, in snow up to his azz. How many on here could do that. Probably not half of the ones on here bishing about it.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Illegal??? No.
Hunting??? No.

Not sure why someone must have the ability to chase wolves in snow shoes to have an opinion? Maybe you were just fishing with "herring"?

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Welcome everyone this is my first post in this forum and quite an interesting subject. Isnt it a fact humans have been hunting with spears far longer than guns? Sporting I think not, however the tv hunting programs abound with hunters shooting game from a stand near a food plot and bait under the trees. Is that any different? I have never hunted back east where this is apparently the prefered method. You tell me. Im not judging just asking. As to the sugject of a 22lr being used I always thought that maybe a 22 could be a humane round. This is just THEROY not based on much experence. I have seen hundreds of game animals shot with gastly wounds from large calibers, and know of quite a few that escaped.If a 22lr solid in the neck or head hits either the brain or spine it is instant incompacity if not death. If the bullet misses the vitals the wound is so small that there should be little discomfort to the animal and virtually no permanent damage.I know this is out of the box thinking and in no way sujesting a 22lr as a big game cartridge. I know an elk guide that used a Colt Woodsman 22 pistol while guiding, being the only legal gun he could carry, and used it on many many wounded animals and never lost a single one or didnt drop it within 2 shots. Of course the range was almost always within 25 yards. Can I get some feedback?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mtmiller

Not sure why someone must have the ability to chase wolves in snow shoes to have an opinion? Maybe you were just fishing with "herring"?

Not really sure what you mean...but anyway. My point was, he does actually hunt. Not just the canned "hunt" stuff that you guys are on him for. My other point is, it's not illegal, so why all the fuss over it?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like someone else said--you guys are wound too tight. Why do you insult him for doing something he enjoys, while perfectly legal?

Listen to his interview. He states he realizes he's hunting a fenced-in area, and it's not "real" hunting. Did any of you pick up on that? He also said he wanted some good red meat for the table. Wouldn't you agree his method is more productive than driving to the store and buying it?

One thing you guys are forgetting is that while we are all out enjoying the fall hunting season, those guys are busting their azz, earning a living for themselves and their family. They (he) doesn't have the same opportunity to hunt the wild free places we do during the fall hunting season.

I don't think he did anything wrong. Just another hunter enjoying his time in the outdoors, collecting a little meat for the freezer, by a method of HIS choice.

Originally Posted by archie_james_c
I should have just
bought a [bleep] T3...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Right on!

I can guarantee you...he will be hunting as much as possible when he's done with football.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

My point was, he does actually hunt.

I don't think anyone is debating that point. I gave my opinion on the 58 seconds of the video that was posted to begin the thread. I think you would be in agreement that he wasn't hunting in that video. If not, we have different ethical values. No big deal.

W
W
brinky 72

I have to agree with you, the elk looked in poor condition and went right to the hay pile.
I dont agree with high fenced hunts, if he wants to do something with a spear try Brown Bear in Alaska!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (12344mag, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,018
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.