Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I don't have to know you, to be your friend.

I don't have to know you to care about you.

I may never meet you though we mean to and still consider you important in my life.

If we do meet I will consider it a pleasure no matter the circumstances.

If I can ease a load for you in this life I will.

A few hours and dollars aren't something I can't afford.

If you're an Azzhole, forget everything I said, doesn't apply to you.

Kent

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by krp
I don't have to know you, to be your friend.

I don't have to know you to care about you.

I may never meet you though we mean to and still consider you important in my life.

If we do meet I will consider it a pleasure no matter the circumstances.

If I can ease a load for you in this life I will.

A few hours and dollars aren't something I can't afford.

If you're an Azzhole, forget everything I said, doesn't apply to you.

Kent

grin

Retired cat herder.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
You hope I'm not......but you don't know it for sure
They might not, I do for sure, your about as worry some as a pimple on my ass. Tell you what tough guy, why dont you come down to my gym and spar a few rounds with me, you know MMA style. The entire point is that no one and I mean no one is so class less as to go ahead and question a man when the chips are down as such as in this case, you [bleep] head are somewhere beneath santorum.

Last edited by Apparition; 02/26/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Another vote for Dr. Howell. He is a class act and stand up guy. He is a man. I just said a prayer for him and his family.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Because of my own serious health matters, I don't have a lot of extra moola laying around. But, everything that I have is paid for, so I am blessed. Just because of your less than human approach to this fine man's plight, I will be sure to kick in more than I can afford toward Ken's kitty. I suggest all here who can to do the same. I have discovered in this life, that what goes around, comes back around. You are in my prayers, Mr. Ken.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career. His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speaks of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

So, for those of you who promote him as a fallen hero and somehow deserves better than where he has ended up........I don't get it. The level of greatness that you have portrayed in this man would not have left him in this destitute situation at the end of his life in a small house in Quemado.

Jagoff. Your village beckons.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put the knuclehead on ignore, adblock his avatar, it's like the OP doesn't exist. Technology is great.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Listen, mother plucker, if you don't want to help Ken that's your business. If you don't like Ken that's your plucking problem. You're a know nothing plucking idiot. Take your 166 posts and shove them up your sorry azz. Who the pluck are you?

A lot of people here have great respect for Ken, If you don't that's your right and problem. What you should do is NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS, and mind your own worthless plucking business and keep your disrespectful garbage azz opinion to yourself.

Some people just need a good biotch slapping.

Last edited by crosshair; 02/26/10.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What an insult..........You need to find another group to harass, for your stay here is not welcome!

What possessed you to bash Ken?

Perhaps the whisky talking or the real you is just despicable! I guess it could be a combination of the two, yep that's more like it!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have a man that is in bad shape and is laid up in the hospital, thanks to the kindess of his friends, he is able to get on this board and do a little reading, when his strength allows..

Someone that alot of folks on this board care for and respect is pretty much fighting for his life right now.

And you post this for him to see? Please spare us the "I was just asking a question", your intentions are obvious and your motives disgusting.

To post this for garbage for a man in his condition to read is just pure ass evil.

Somebody needs to take the trash out...

JM

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
One look at his sig line should be enough.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I only know Ken from this forum, he always seemed a great guy. If all I can do is keep him in my prayers and send him my best wishes, he has that.

But, this crap that this fool who could not know anything about him says, well, makes me want to kick some teeth in. The older I get the more intolerant I become towards jerkoffs. Sorry if I offended anyone.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Whiskeyman....

WTF? I just caught this thread, and really dude, WTF?

Unbelievable....

Ingwe

Isnt there a "TTB" button anyplace? ( To the bottom...)

Last edited by ingwe; 02/26/10.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You know what, I've never met him or followed his writing either. That would be all the more reason to keep my nose out of it and not act like a jerk. A little decency and compassion will go a long way. You, whiskeyboy, obviously have neither.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My wife and I passed through Quemado a few years back.

We found Ken to be gracious and generous, with some truly impressive firearms in his modest collection. We are not ones to be impressed by wealth, and I found myself liking his modest home in such a nice setting, and thinking that I might hope to do as well myself some day.

Neither was there a hint of self-pity in the evident effects of age he was suffering even then. He did speak with fondness of his late wife, who had passed on perhaps decades before.

All in all I was reminded of the description of a John Wayne character.... "Alone, but refusing loneliness".

I have no idea as to the state of Ken's finances, it did occur to me at the time that he was the sort I would like to be.... someone who would refuse assistance as long as possible while passing on most of his own assets to family.

Neither do I know the number or financial status of Ken's child or children, or their attitudes towards their father. I do know that the parents are no more responsible for the actions of their adult children than a son is responsible for the actions of a father.

As for Ken's professional career, clearly it far eclipses mine tho like the song goes "...you never count your blessings while yer sitting at the table..."

Sooo Whiskeyman, I aint pissed, neither is Ken I expect, I hope you enjoy comfortable prosperity to the end, doesn't really matter, as long as yer castles ain't built on shifting sands. You and I both will be passing on before too long, and everything we own or not will be like pee in a bucket.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by WhiskeyMan
I don't seem to get this one. A few, select members have chosen to help Ken thru what are clearly his last days.....while asking others for financial contributions.

I dunno who Ken is, and never followed his writings or career. His resume as an editor for Rifle Magazine (plus one or two others) and one published book doesn't speak of a renowned gunwriter. Perhaps his fame was mostly developed on this forum over this last decade? Maybe this is why I don't know of him? Maybe this is also why he needs financial assistance during his last years?

The photos of him at his house don't speak of a man who has many funds remaining. His seeking assistance from forum members here speaks of a tired, embattled, old man who has no friends and no help from his children, which he apparently has.

So, for those of you who promote him as a fallen hero and somehow deserves better than where he has ended up........I don't get it. The level of greatness that you have portrayed in this man would not have left him in this destitute situation at the end of his life in a small house in Quemado.
Maybe the handle sez all... When the booze wears off, consider deleting your onerous posting..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
consider deleting your onerous posting..

Unfortunatly, once the first reponce is posted he can't

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His sig line is:

He who angers you, controls you!

Pathetic but understandable given his convoluted and unstable mind.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Won't bother Ken a bit if he reads the original post and others by the original poster. Only thing that would trouble Ken is the responses to it. He knows what happens inside a person when he responds with anger and resentment. His thoughts would be about his friends and their continued good health and good fortune. If he could, he'd get on here and tell you all to relax, hold no ill willl and that it don't mean [bleep].

You see, Ken is a very selfless man. He learned it from the Lord. The Bible doesn't instruct us to not do certain things because God doesn't like us doing them, it's because He knows the wages we'll receive for the doing. He doesn't want to see us endure the suffering. His instructions to not do the sin are for our benefit, not His. He's thinking solely of us. There are no thoughts of Himself involved. He only wants what's best for us. And that's exactly the way Ken would view this thread.

For years I read Ken's writings on here and elsewhere. Sought out his words, even. I always enjoyed his writing style, his wit, his charm, his steadfast stoicism, and his undying dedication to the people in his life and especially to the Lord Himself. I loved reading his stories of hunting and other outdoor excursions. I loved reading his teachings on the Bible and the word studies. I grew to love the man behind the stories and lessons. Got to know him through private conversations and emails, which just made it all the more. I wept when I read of his wife's passing. It tore his heart out. I felt the same way when posters on here did all they could to tear his heart out. Some of the crudest stuff I've ever read. They showed their character... and so did Ken. He stood much taller in every way. But he had made that a lifestyle long before. A fine man, through and through. Though a few have equalled that, a finer one I've never met.

I'd love to meet him in person. But a thousand miles between is a large barrier to that, so I've always had to settle for what was available.

Those of you saying Ken is nearing the end, know this. He'll disagree. He's only at the end of the beginning of life, the first leg of the race, the first short stretch, is nearly past him and he knows what awaits. Be not troubled. He's not. When he's ready he'll go. And I'll look foreward to seeing him on the other side.

Don't be bothered by WM. Ken isn't. And you know as well as I do he'd rather see you stand up strait.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You don't know the man or anything about him. Yet you feel it necessary to come on here and trash a man in the waning days of his life? I read on here more than I post and of all the posts i have read with Mr Howell in them. My impression of him has always been that he is a pretty good guy!

Oh and the PM that you received where someone slandered him.
I think you made that up!

Do the world a favor fill your pockets with some lead shot and go for a swim

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

320 members (1lesfox, 160user, 22kHornet, 1badf350, 21, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,844 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,080
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.