Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Wall Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I just finished teaching my 20th Concealed to Carry class and I was set back, impressed whatever descriptive adjective my limited vocabulary can conjure up. A young man came in to class with this P32 as his testing weapon. Students are required among other things to load, fire and reload 20 rounds with 75% hitting in a man target in the black at 7 yards, 15 yards for instructor rating.<BR> <BR>This man fired all 20 rounds under 2" group at 7 yards. Now I have/have had 32, 38, 357 snub-nosed revolvers that would not hold a candle to this kind of accuracy on my best day. I'm certainly not the best handgunner but I have taken home my share of the $bacon$<P>Are any of you guys familiar with this particular handgun and what is your opinion pro or con.<P>Thanks in advance<BR>Wall<P>PS: This student is a good handgunner but the weapon plays its' part IMO.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Wall,<BR>I am an NRA Certified instructor and I teach the Personal Protection Class among others. Here in Michigan, our shall issue law has been passed and is schedueled to take effect on July 1. The law states that in order to qualify to carry, a person must take a training course. The Personal Protection class covers the requirements for that law. I have taught approximately 200 people this year in my classes. I have had only one person use that gun for the course. out of 80 rounds fired, he had two failures to feed. I have had four people run through the course with the Kel-tec P40 and I wouldnt trust that gun for anything. Every one of them broke during the course. It is junk. E4E's wife has one and he said that after a short break in period, he did not have any more problems with it. The problems he had with his was magazine related. <BR> On the other hand, I have talked to people who have not had a single problem with theirs. I suppose that it is just like any other gun you use for self defense, you better take it to the range and wring it out before you carry it. I myself wouldnt have one. But that's just me.<BR>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have a P-32, and carry it sometimes as a backup. In my big hands, it shoots a little low, but this can be a good thing under stress. I normally use hardball, but I am checking out the Corbon HP's. Mine has never, never, not once jammed or failed. It is light, thin, and sure beats a 'finger to the eye only" scenario, ha. I recommend it for what it is, a back up or "Onion Field" gun. when it is my primary, I always have my knife, and powerful pepper spray. I do not recommend head shots, go for the neck instead, which is soft tissue with little resisitance. Hope you never have to use it! Jim

James P. Knight
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
My wife bought me one. She has a 9, and loves it, but I don't care for the weight. I was toting a NAA Black Widow in .22 Mag, and she thought I needed more bullet. I said if the darned gun weighed more than 8 oz. I'd probably leave it home. The Kel-Tec came in at 6.5, and I didn't have to buy a new holster, the belt clip suits me just fine. I know the .32 is supposed to be anemic, but better a .32 in the hand than a .44 at home. When I go to visit relatives in PA, I don't have to worry about having too many rounds to carry legally. They are limited to 6. I love it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif" border="0[/img]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just purchased a KelTec 32, had it to the range twice, first time shot 45 rounds no problems, killed cans out to 25 yards with that small, light, piece of plastic. Was very impressed. Second time out fired 50 rounds with a paper plate target out at 30 feet,(remember this is supposed to be a belly gun), no problem keeping all rounds inside the first rim of the plate off hand. Had two jams with this ammo,(Winchester). Have not cleaned or lubricated the little thing, just breaking it in for 200 rounds. Then we will see what it does. Mine has a preference for Rem hard ball so far. Won't try hollow points until after break in. For what it is, I like it very much, and if I ever have to throw it away, it only cost around $200. For serious carry I use a 38+P or 357 Mag. For dangerous carry a Colt Defender 45, for the auto Sig 226 high capacity 9 or Astra high capacity 45. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 52 invisible), 1,907 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,874
Posts18,497,622
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.