Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sorry guy's,I really had a post.<BR>Suppose S&W comes back to the fold,drops a cool Million in the NRA-ILA hat,and gets busy marketing Pistols and revolvers to red blooded americans again.<BR>Would you forgive them enough to run out and purchase a new S&W to support them?<BR>I personally have despised S&W for years,with a few exceptions.The 25,39,586,and 52.I would probably purchase a .22 Kit gun just for plinking and the sheer appreciation of S&W's precision,and to make a statement.<BR>What are your thoughts??<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Remove the mechanical variables,and then you can only blame yourself!

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
GB1

G
G
E4E I am down to only one S&W it's an old<BR>K-22, can't bear to part with it. Smith would<BR>have to change it's Name to " Sorry & Want back in Co." before I would even consider<BR>buying another one. Have a great day!<BR>

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Being a female and forgiving as we are I would have to say - NO WAY. Once a dog bites the chances of him biting again are too high. Toons

Don't be ashamed to say what you are not ashamed to think.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I have never owned a S&W and would not consider owning one in the future, because of the dirty deed. Lonerider

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not me.<P>I really liked Smith revolvers. Thought about selling them, but decided I'd make just as much of a statement never letting them see the light of day again in my gunsafe than selling them to someone who'd use them. Besides, I live in Kalifornia, remember, I'd have to register the transaction, etc., and one more paper trail created. <P>I guess my only hope now is that S&W will go under, fifty years from now my Smiths will be worth a mint to collectors, and my kids will make a few bucks.<P>Rick

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
ok call me a traitor, if they dropped the moola into NRA and other stuff like you said AND completely changed hands (as far as the guys who run the operation, the big wigs) ie they left the company completely AND S&W put out something I think I might want, sure I'd buy from them.<P>It is not the company itself, it is the swine who presently head it up, that I have a beef with!

Whatever you are willing to put up with, is exactly what you will have.

When your ship comes in. ... make sure you are willing to unload it.

PAYPAL, sucks and I will never use them again. I recommend you do the same.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This ole hunter has had S&W revolvers and pistols for years and they have served me well. They gave me comfort to know they were by my side or at my side on long lonely nights in strange places. I don't turn my back on my friends because they are having trouble, lord knows I have had my share. I would not part with my S&Ws just because their maker is in hot water. To me my guns are tools for my use, I bought them with hard earned money and they stand ready to defend me day or night against anybody or any thing. For the company, If they produce a quality product for a reasonable price that fits my needs, why should I not buy it? Toyota makes a great product, why should I not buy It, If the American companys want the business, get off their butts and produce a better product like they did years ago. Face it we are a spoiled country, American workers want top wages while doing sorry work in most areas. If you doubt it just try to hire compentent help. Take your automobile to any mechanic on the street and see what kind of work you get compaired to the bill. Take your rifle to a smith down the street, instead of hunting a good one. Am I wound up enough yet? How about the teachers of this country, crying for more money and our kids receiving sorry education and instruction. We as a whole are bringing these problems ourselves. -- no

A hint to the wise is sufficient! Experience is the best teacher!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I will not buy a new Smith and Treason. Used is OK so long as it is pre sell out,but in general I hope These @#$%&$& take a ride on a sinking ship especially if Klinton, Both Former traitor and Mrs Hillery Commie Klinton happen to be on board. <P>Bullwnkl. <P>I am not bitter I was once a Democrat, up until the demo(RATS) up and left me and embraced Idiots,(gore) Traitors (klintons) and numbskulls (reno) Thank God these traitors are no longer able to destroy this nation for their gain. Now all we have to do is get Hillery out.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
E4E Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O.K,<BR>Just to stink up the outhouse a bit more,<BR>lets consider this.<BR>When S&W bailed on us they left the remaining firearms makers with a big hole in the defensive front.It went from 6 Company's pooling assets for legal defence to 5.<BR>We give till it hurts to the NRA-ILA in increments of 20 to 50 bucks at a shot.S&W,Ruger,Colt,Remington etc. drop several hundred g's at a shot.<BR>HCI has celeb's and big media dropping huge dollars,and the UN at their side.<BR>If we lose S&W as a maker and supporter,it's one less ally,and lots less bucks to fund lawyers that benefit us all.<BR>I hate the chicken poop and seasickness of it all,and prefer to see turncoats hanged from a short rope,but in the long run I have been forced to consider the big picture.<BR>I say welcome them back,buy their stuff,and let it be known that we as a unified customer base will support and make profitable those that support us.<BR>S&W's current financial status is pretty pathetic,and don't think for a second that the bean counters don't know why.<BR>If another investment firm was to purchase S&W and change the pinko brit leadership,on speculation,I will guarantee you they wont play games with the enemy again.<BR>Now..where do ya stand?<BR>E4E<P>------------------<BR>Remove the mechanical variables,and then you can only blame yourself!

My Tractor ain't sexy!
My Rifle however, has issues with the matter.
The wife Definately ain't cornfused!
Good thing I have a Dog to come home to!!!!!!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
From what I've read, shooters sent a message loud and clear when Smith & Wesson turned their coat. People stopped buying in droves. Now, as E4E says, what if Smith returned to the fold, found a new owner, and repudiated the deal they'd made with the devil? <BR>I'd say they were rehabilitated and support them again. Actually, I that would send as strong a message as the boycott did. <BR>Support us and we'll support you. Screw us and you're dead. <BR>Smith found out the deal wasn't all that great, anyway. Not all the municipal lawsuits against them were dropped and the feds were prevented from rewarding the traitors with contracts. <BR>The folks I really feel sorry for are the working stiffs in the Smith plant who've invested a chunk of their lives in the place and their own boss stabs them in the back. I'm sorry some of them have been hurt by the layoffs and sales slowdown. <P>Talker

IC B3

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Sounds like S$W may be bought by Ruger or Remington. In that case, I would support them again (assuming that guns are still legal in Kalifornia in a few years). I will continue to use my S$W revolver; it is a pre-sellout firearm. As far as today's position, no more S$W products of any kind until a major change happens.<P>Neil

B
B
Trust is a sacred thing. It is hard to rebuild and sometimes not worth rebuilding. If you are betrayed by a friend, is he still your friend? If your friend makes a mistake you may forgive him. If your friend deliberatly sells you out to your enemy you probably won't forgive him. If you do forgive him, what kind of friendship will you have. What message did you send to the rest of your friends. Are you a door mat or a man of principle. <P>S&W was my friend and then they betrayed me. The rest of the gun manufactures are still my friends. I hope they got the message. I will not tolerate being sold out.<P>What do they stand for? Many of us do not purchase "Made in China" because of what they stand for. So what does S&W stand for???<P>I don't feel bad for S&W. They sold us out. If they needed help in fighting the fight. They should have asked. If the entire shooting industry stands together we will survive. <P>"United we stand, divided we fall."<P>6X6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't care what S&W does anymore. I like my<BR>K-22, 610, and 629 DX just as much as I ever did, and I don't plan on getting rid of them or buying any more.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, let's use some common sense here.<BR>First, E4E has several valid points. <BR>Second, S&W is a corporation, not a sentient being. Therefore, if the humans who control the current corporation were gone,preferably along with the English Corporation, Thompkins PLC that owns them currently, and the next group renounced their predecessors actions in a loud and clear way, it would be to our collective advantage as shooters to buy their products, support an American tradition, and have another ally in our continuing struggle against the anti-second amendment groups.<P>However, let me make myself clear, until that happens, or until S&W goes bankrupt and another group of investors does something along those lines, I will NEVER, repeat NEVER buy another S&W. Which is a shame, because they are making some neat new products. Like others, I really feel for the everyday workers who have invested much of their lives in the current company, but the ex-CEO should have thought of that before he cut a deal with the Devil. Good shooting.

"When we put [our enlisted men and women] in harm's way, it had better count for something. It can't be because some policy wonk back here has a brain fart of an idea of a strategy that isn't thought out." General Zinni on Iraq

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I too have heard that another company may purchase S&W, so my comments are, I wonder if the title "S&W or Smith and Wesson" will garner the aceptance of a new company, or will the company need to change the name? I just can't se Ruger calling the revolvers S&W, but some sort of "hawk" revolvers, or something. Remington don't currently sell handguns, so they may likely keep the S&W name. But I wonder if the the name "S&W" is damaged beyound repair, regardless of who buys it next. ~~~Suluuq

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Just a random thought Lets all of us gun owners who support our rights to own handguns get together and buy S&W. Put it in a trust and have public management through The NRA. Could it Happen? Where ya at Waders?<P>Bullwnkl.

Money talks Bull [bleep] walks
Business as usual
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I cannot see my self purchasing anothe S&W ever again. Granted, they have a long and illustrious history but that does not excuse what they have done. They drastically underestimated the anger and betrayal that we gunowners felt when they cowtowed to that Idiot Klinton and his croonies in the Justice Dept. If they become the sacrificial lamb so be it. It serves tham right. I will shed no tears for them. E4E says look at the big picture. Well the way I see it is that the rest of the manufacturers got a wake up call about the loyalty and determination of gunowners. I think that this will make the industry stronger in the long run. If there were any other companys out there that were maybe considering compromising with the anti's, I think that they saw what happened to S&W and thought better of it. With this new administration in office now, the gun companies will have some breathing room and time to recouperate from all of this nonsense.<P>Keeb

Don't criticize someone until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, your a mile away and you have their shoes.
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I have 4 pre-sellout Smiths, 629, 28-2, 17-1, and 36. I love'm all, but it does sicken me that the "Upper" management took this course of action to save their butts from litigation. All the gun makers should be banning togeather in this fight, it's not like the arguement the tobacco companies had to fight, they knew they were causing cancer. Heck the way I see it, these lawsuits are suggesting that the gunmakers are making products that take lives and the gun makers are responsible. Well let's sue the car makers as well, their products kill more people then guns ever had in this country. If S&W ever gets back in the fold, I'll start buying their products again, cause er, ah, have you guys seen that new 629 they came out with? Man I wish S&w will get thier act togeather, I wish S&w will get their act togeather, .......... [Linked Image]

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
For mine, I would accept them back, and give them another chance. If they did the right things,plural; as in more than one thing. I have always liked their products, especially their triggers. However, they have been bought by companys in the past that were more interested in selling guns than keeping up their traditional high standards. I bought my first Smiths back in the early 60's, when they were really impressive. Since then they have been owned by companys that have not maintained these high standards. If they do come back, I would adopt a "wait and see" attitude. E

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="2">Originally posted by E4E:<BR><B><BR>If we lose S&W as a maker and supporter,it's one less ally,and lots less bucks to fund lawyers that benefit us all.<P>I say welcome them back,buy their stuff,and let it be known that we as a unified customer base will support and make profitable those that support us.<P>If another investment firm was to purchase S&W and change the pinko brit leadership,on speculation,I will guarantee you they wont play games with the enemy again.<BR>E4E<BR></B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sparkman says "BULLSH*T"! British S&W has proven they are no ally to the American gun owners cause. Let 'em die! Let 'em sell off to a company that will honor the second amendment. No way in hell you can guarantee anything, regarding the game-playing that is going to transpire relating to America and its firearms industry. S&W is not to be rewarded, even if they grovel and waffle like an ex-Comrad-in-chief. As far as dropping $$$$ in the NRA-ILA kitty to buy their way back in...thats pathetic and sickening. Like a Catholic buying an anullment for a failed marriage. Focus NOT on the bigger picture, but on the betrayal that occured. <BR> I agree that a mgmt. change and an agressive public apology/confession would be a start for S&W. But their name is soiled, and I'll not support them. Sparkman

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 160user, 69 invisible), 3,190 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,307
Posts18,526,126
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.