Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, his girlfriend

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thx, been losing it a bit lately (bad crud) and wanted a check up from the neck up..

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't gravitate to those stock colors myself but as I see them I like them and they look good in the scenery.

Matches that shirt pretty well...and he's got legs like an interior lineman. Likely come in handy for trompin' around in that beautiful scenery?

That's the part I miss most about hunting. Can no longer cover much ground. Nothing new feet and knees couldn't cure, I reckon? ;O)

PA suits me fine, because I can often walk out the cabin door and shoot a deer in the woods. Could shoot one here at home out the back door too, if it was legal. Six baldies within 30 yards at the moment, two witin 40 feet.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a ton of WMA land in SC, which can be hunted by permit. I can step off the farm and walk for thousands of acres, which is usually void of other hunters.

Mainly whitetail but plentiful.

MD to FL--All good!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I enjoy TN deer hunting immensely, but there have been some beautiful pictures posted of other places. For argument's sake, I guess I could go on and mention TN's long season and liberal bag limits (we can kill 3 a day in some areas during rifle season), no tags to draw, mild climate, substantial amounts of public land to use. But really it's something more simple, I like hunting here because my Dad and I hunt here, my friends and I hunt here, and the memories are deep.

I had the pleasure of stopping in and visiting with Glenn St Charles last year when I was in the Seattle area. Mr St Charles is a grand old man in his upper 90s now and one of the founders of Pope and Young. He has been to some tremendous places hunting with bow and arrow in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s with folks like Fred Bear. His book, Bows on the Little Delta, is a true hunting classic. If you haven't read it, PM me and I'll loan you mine.

One of the questions I asked him was where he could hunt if he could get out one more time. He's been a bit of everywhere, hunted a bit of everything, but the answer surprised me a little. He said that he would go deer hunting again over on the Olympic Peninsula, back to the same camp where he had hunted for many decades. That's where he considered his "home" for hunting and that was where his heart is.

My hunting heart is here in the TN mountains and will always be, no matter where else I roam with bow or rifle. It's nice to see pictures of where other folks call home and if you don't have one yet, I sincerely hope that you discover it. It's often not based on deer density, or genetics of the herd, or prior "Booners", or even practicality, but something even more important.

David

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Beautiful photos steelhead!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Michigan "NOT"

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I guess it would depend on what a person likes. Do you want the opportunity for really big bucks, or just lots of time to hunt. Here in Mississippi if you hunt with bow, primitave weapons and modern rifles you can start on October 1st and go to the end of January. Though there are areas here with book class bucks, the vast majority of the state just has average as to size. We also have a pretty good ammount of public land available.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Northern Wisconsin is a great place to hunt Deer. The hunt part is great the kill part is abysmal.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Although I like hunting here, N.C. would most likely be near the bottom for deer hunting. For hunting/fishing overall I think we would be near the top. We have most of what you guys in the interior have and to top it off we have AWESOME salt water fishing. That alone puts us near the top for an overall sportsman. I guess you would have to experience it to understand!

IC B3

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Well for obvious reasons the answer is TEXAS...best all around place to go deer hunting.But not any Zoo type of hunt.

With that being said - I would love to make a trip to Canada ,just for the body size of them up there.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by davidsapp
I enjoy TN deer hunting immensely, but there have been some beautiful pictures posted of other places. For argument's sake, I guess I could go on and mention TN's long season and liberal bag limits (we can kill 3 a day in some areas during rifle season), no tags to draw, mild climate, substantial amounts of public land to use. But really it's something more simple, I like hunting here because my Dad and I hunt here, my friends and I hunt here, and the memories are deep.

I had the pleasure of stopping in and visiting with Glenn St Charles last year when I was in the Seattle area. Mr St Charles is a grand old man in his upper 90s now and one of the founders of Pope and Young. He has been to some tremendous places hunting with bow and arrow in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s with folks like Fred Bear. His book, Bows on the Little Delta, is a true hunting classic. If you haven't read it, PM me and I'll loan you mine.

One of the questions I asked him was where he could hunt if he could get out one more time. He's been a bit of everywhere, hunted a bit of everything, but the answer surprised me a little. He said that he would go deer hunting again over on the Olympic Peninsula, back to the same camp where he had hunted for many decades. That's where he considered his "home" for hunting and that was where his heart is.

My hunting heart is here in the TN mountains and will always be, no matter where else I roam with bow or rifle. It's nice to see pictures of where other folks call home and if you don't have one yet, I sincerely hope that you discover it. It's often not based on deer density, or genetics of the herd, or prior "Booners", or even practicality, but something even more important.

David

Well said David!

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,718
Posts18,494,638
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.