Hop To
T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hi All,

I'd welcome any opinion you may have on Bell & Carlson's aftersales service/customer support.

I recently received a Medalist for my Howa 270. Unfortunately, the action screw holes in the stock are out of alignment with the screw holes in the action of the rifle. I contacted B&C by e-mail on Monday this week and raised the issue in the hope of obtaining a replacement but have yet to receive a reply. I intend to chase next Monday after a week has passed. However, I'm curious to learn if this timescale is normal when dealing with B&C or whether for some reason my e-mail has gone astray.

Thanks for any opinion you may be able to offer.

Kind regards,

Tim

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I e-mailed them last Friday and have not received a reply. Seems they answer e-mails as fast as they make stocks, which is why I e-mailed. I'm at the end of their 8-12 week wait time and just want to know how many more weeks it'll be. Never thought I'd have to wait nearly as long for a B&C as I did for my McMillan.

T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks for your comment Whttail.

It would appear that my experience is not unique. I sent a chasing e-mail with a read receipt on it on Monday 22 March and so far I've received nothing back. I'll give them another week to respond and then I'll be picking up the 'phone.

Kind regards,

Tim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey, I had the same problem with screw hole alignment. I ended up returning to Cabelas, which is where I bought it.

"To the contrary, we hunt not to kill. We kill to have hunted." Thanks Jose & JB
"I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This snipers got talent."
" I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tim1
Hi All,

I'd welcome any opinion you may have on Bell & Carlson's aftersales service/customer support.

I recently received a Medalist for my Howa 270. Unfortunately, the action screw holes in the stock are out of alignment with the screw holes in the action of the rifle. I contacted B&C by e-mail on Monday this week and raised the issue in the hope of obtaining a replacement but have yet to receive a reply. I intend to chase next Monday after a week has passed. However, I'm curious to learn if this timescale is normal when dealing with B&C or whether for some reason my e-mail has gone astray.

Thanks for any opinion you may be able to offer.

Kind regards,

Tim

I had the same problem with my Ti 700 stock that I bought from Stocky's. B&C fixed it up for me, with good customer service.

Now with even more aplomb
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought a Medalist stock for a 700 Remington a few years ago. The acton would not fit in the stock right, after I contacted B&C they finally agreed to take it back and replace it. The replacement stock was worse yet. No more B&C stocks for me!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had ordered a Carbelite stock from stocky's syocks a while back. When it came in my Vanguard had fitting issues. Minor but their instructions told me it may be needed. Stocky's gave no such information on their web site. At the same time I ordered a Medallion stock for my Howa. No problems. Perfect fit, and it is now a SUB-MOA rifle. When I asked Stocky's about exchanging the Vanguard stock for a Medallist I received no help whatsoever.
I called B&C (no E-Mail) and talked to a nice young lady who agreed to exchange the Carbelite for a Medalist for a small fee. When all was said and done I was out no more money than if I had bought from Midway. I will never buy from stocky's again, and if you need immediate help from B&C call. No E-Mail.s. I was very pleased with B&C customer service.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
T
Tim1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks for your comments. It seem that B&C are generally good to deal with once you make contact.

I still haven't received a reply after almost two weeks. I'll be chasing at the start of next week. I'm considering pursuing B&C through the retailer I bought the stock from who have always been very good to deal with (my brother and I have had four Medallists from them in total) or I may now call B&C as suggested in some of the posts above.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Tim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bought two this year , both from Stocky's. Between the lack of info or wrong info and very poor inletting , no more for me. Life is short and the last mistake was very expensive.

\Mark

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by dadof4
Bought two this year , both from Stocky's. Between the lack of info or wrong info and very poor inletting , no more for me. Life is short and the last mistake was very expensive.

\Mark

Is that a Stocky's issue or a B&C issue, or both?

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1800topsoil, 160user, 17CalFan, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 2500HD, 66 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,687
Posts18,494,053
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.