Print Thread
Hop To
M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
have dies from rcbs i cannot get the effing screw loosened on.

anyone know the size?

the lock ring is on there damn good. i have been trying to seat bullets by feel but i can't get them closer than .030" to each other.

grrr

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mjbgalt: I have a lifetime supply of surplussed out Boeing Airplane Companies adjustable waterpump type pliers.
These pliers have metal jaws that are covered with 1/4" thick extremely dense and durable foam!
They will not leave a mark on any type of die nut!
And no ring or nut has as yet to defeat these pliers!
I am a little cornfused by your posting - are you saying the locking screw on the lock ring will not turn (back out!) so the lock ring can be adjusted?
My special pliers do not work on that tiny internal screw of course.
Maybe you should apply some Kroil to that screw and try again in a few days.
If that doesn't work then drill out that screw and replace the whole lock ring!
Yeah, that might do it, or maybe you should buy a new die set right off and get back to reloadin quickly and work on the stuck screw in your leisure time?
Best of luck to you.
Hold inot the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

anyone know the size?

the lock ring is on there damn good. i have been trying to seat bullets by feel but i can't get them closer than .030" to each other.

grrr

Instead of listening to the rambling of a self proclaimed "special" plier thief (who Boeing would probably like to know about smile )....the screws are 10/32 x 3/16 FP screws brass now. When you get it out place a lead shot under the screw.

Next time it won't stick. You can call RCBS and they will send you a free batch of screws 800-533-5000 or www.rcbs.com

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
just needed to know what hex size i need.

and yes, the screw is tightened and i cannot get it back out to move the collar.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Be right back.....

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

Instead of listening to the rambling of a self proclaimed "special" plier thief (who Boeing would probably like to know about smile )....the screws are 10/32 x 3/16 FP screws brass now. When you get it out place a lead shot under the screw.

Next time it won't stick. You can call RCBS and they will send you a free batch of screws 800-533-5000 or www.rcbs.com

Bowing surplus is the huge store where Bowing sells their surplus for pennies on the dollar and sometimes even less. I have bought one inch diameter six flute solid carbide end mills for five bucks each and they were new in the box. smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
......3/32" and put a #5 or #6 lead shot under it. It won't stick next time.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
got it. thanks.

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boeing Surplus closed their retail store. I miss it.

Just auctions now.

https://active.boeing.com/assocproducts/surplus/Index.cfm

Bruce

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Drat! Oh well, I am broke anyway and likely to stay that way. frown

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Elkhunter76; Your stupidity precedes YOUR ignorance!
"I" bought those pliers at the Boeings Surplus Center where for decades they sold "surplus items"!
I used U.S. currency and the transactions were fully legal!
Care to apologize for your stupid and immature posting there Elkhunter76?
Thats what a real man, and not a "TURD", would do!
Somehow I feel you will prove yourself "turd-like"!
Elkhunter76's quote: "Instead of listening to the rambling of a self proclaimed "special" plier thief (who Boeing would probably like to know about )...." end of Elkhunter76 quote
And this turdlike Elkhunter76 - the problem for the original poster IS he can not get the lock ring screw out - not how to prevent it from happening in the future - it happened already!
Sheesh man - grow up and then learn to read.
YOU epitomize turdiness!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bcp: Several of my relatives are/were Boeing employees and got an additional discount over the posted price!
I to miss the Boeing Surplus Store - I think it closed about a year and a ahlf ago.
I always made it a point to stop there and stock up on their quality but no longer needed items!
I know for a fact I have purchased and then resold (mostly at gunshows!) at least 200 pair of the smallish side cutter pliers!
They are perfect for removing the plastic lock ties that most all Gunshows require guns be tied with.
They are so sharp and the blades so small that a person never harmed (gouged or scratched!) the arms he was removing the lock ties from!
I used to buy them for a dollar apiece and sold them for $3.50 apiece.
Free money!
Luckily I BOUGHT a lifetime supply of those for myself before they closed the surplus store.
And thanks for the link to the website - I did not know they were selling surplus online now!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

Bowing surplus is the huge store where Bowing sells their surplus for pennies on the dollar and sometimes even less. I have bought one inch diameter six flute solid carbide end mills for five bucks each and they were new in the box. smile

Well they used to. But now I think bOEING is selling it direct to aIRbUS!

NRA Lifetime Member
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

anyone know the size?

grrr

This is an RCBS problem.....how? Sounds like an operator error that is not brand exclusive.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"Elkhunter76's quote: "Instead of listening to the rambling of a self proclaimed "special" plier thief (who Boeing would probably like to know about )...."

Varmit, forget it. I understand your indignation but suspect most of us actually knew how you got the pliers, it was cleary suggested in your first post.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Elkhunter76; Your stupidity precedes YOUR ignorance!
"I" bought those pliers at the Boeings Surplus Center where for decades they sold "surplus items"!
I used U.S. currency and the transactions were fully legal!
Care to apologize for your stupid and immature posting there Elkhunter76?
Thats what a real man, and not a "TURD", would do!
Somehow I feel you will prove yourself "turd-like"!
Elkhunter76's quote: "Instead of listening to the rambling of a self proclaimed "special" plier thief (who Boeing would probably like to know about )...." end of Elkhunter76 quote
And this turdlike Elkhunter76 - the problem for the original poster IS he can not get the lock ring screw out - not how to prevent it from happening in the future - it happened already!
Sheesh man - grow up and then learn to read.
YOU epitomize turdiness!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry I been away for a few days and forgot about this thread..

First of all you make yourself a way to big an easy target and are abrasive in general.....and you don't have a sense of humor.

Tell you what I will apologize right here when you apologize for referring to the RMEF as wolf lovers and as rmwf. As it offends me.

Also go back and re-read my post without your typical sour attitude...you might learn something.

Deal?

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
not an rcbs problem. i was just annoyed that it wouldn't come loose.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The set screw should have had a small brass plug under it that sits against the threads. I never really have liked the idea of tightening the screw, even with the plug or lead shot straight into the threads. Split nut with a cross bolt works better...similar to the Hornady dies.

What do stolen/not stolen pliers have anything to do with the OPs question ? or for that matter the juvneile name calling, back stabbing responses he gotten ?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The newer RCBS dies have a brass set screw. No brass plug under the screw. You are correct on the split nut with cross bolt.

BTW a tech at RCBS gave me the lead shot tip.

As for your second question...nobody called VG any names or did any backstabbing. VG is the abrasive one and it goes way back beyond this thread just do some research.....suggest some go find a sense of humor.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

697 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,967 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,846
Posts18,478,321
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.