Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks for the information. I have only sent one AV 4-12x50 back because it had a problem with the lense coating but that was it and I received stellar service. If they were mounted on 300 RUM and 7 STW's then i don't foresee one bit of problem mounted on a 7 mm Rem mag.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rodngun
Well mtmuley - you started this thread -and it looks like you just ended it..

Could not have said it better !! Leupold hands down WINS. Sounds like you belong in my group- thanks for a really good read and some awesome humor. Ed

If price is the major concern, then I would agree that Leupold is very tough to beat. If price is not a major factor then I'll leave you with this quote from Barsness.........

"One other reason for selecting the S&B might be for use on rifles of higher recoil. One of my friends (and sources of scope info) is a custom riflemaker who makes a lot of rifles for world-wide hunters who prefer chamberings from .300 magnum on up. He tests each rifle with the scope the customer specifies, and reports fewer problems on hard-recoiling rifles with S&B scopes."......JB

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If price is a major consideration is exactly when Leup's are easy to beat!

It is for me (a major consideration). My wings done been clipped by this recession. As detailed elsewhere, a $369 3-9 Conquest from Doug meets or exceeds the comparable Leups (2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10). While costing less.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could be wrong but I believe that quote was refuted on another thread by the riflemaker in question, Said he used as many Leupolds as anything else and had no more issues with them than any other.

As for Recoil...I submit my lowly 1-4 VX II that has gone from a 12 Bore deerslug gun, to a 10 bore BPS shooting 2 ounce slugs, to an 870 trap gun, to a 375 H&H Sauer and now on my 700 400 H&H.
It has yet to hiccup although it has seen more rounds than most hunters will shoot in five life times (over 2000 at trap alone).

I like fancy scopes as well as the next guy, but I am still waiting for my first Loopie to STB due to anything done at Leupold.

This does have some recoil!

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
If price is a major consideration is exactly when Leup's are easy to beat!

It is for me (a major consideration). My wings done been clipped by this recession. As detailed elsewhere, a $369 3-9 Conquest from Doug meets or exceeds the comparable Leups (2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10). While costing less.

I feel your pain- Try going on a duck hunt- 70.00 to fill the truck -45.00 to fill the Airboat - 2 days later both empty ..so yes - I know the pain .Since I still have one son left in the house out of 4 - I know this economy well.But with that being said-I also believe or was always taught that I might as well get the best I can for the money - and to me that is Leupold.I buy em -put em on a gun and then thats it ,I dont have to worry after that and God knows that MORON in the whitehouse is really fixin to put the shaft to all of us working people !! I retire at the end of May this year - and at 50 I dont plan on not working somewhere - not becuz I am bored ( even though I believe I will be ) but becuz of the way the economy is going -

I am willing to bet that gas is soemwhere around 325.00 a gallon by Memorial Weekend..If it aint I would be shocked !!

** thanks for the post (oldman1942) - good example of the punishment a Leupold will take .

Last edited by Rodngun; 03/20/10.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldman1942
As for Recoil...I submit my lowly 1-4 VX II that has gone from a 12 Bore deerslug gun, to a 10 bore BPS shooting 2 ounce slugs, to an 870 trap gun, to a 375 H&H Sauer and now on my 700 400 H&H.
It has yet to hiccup although it has seen more rounds than most hunters will shoot in five life times (over 2000 at trap alone).

I shoot quite a bit myself at my local gun club and I must say I haven't seen anyone shoot trap with a scoped shotgun. That's pretty impressive. What's your high score out of 25 birds?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've never seen a scoped trap gun either!
How does that work for you oldman?

You may be on to something there..........or not!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder if Talley makes scope mounts for my Beretta 682 Gold E ?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Mike : Not real sure why you call B/S on my Redfield comment - but a picture is what they say - worth a thousands words..I didnt come on here to Bullsheet anybody !! and heres the scope in question.

Attached Images
Redfield 4x12.JPG (95.07 KB, 97 downloads)

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quote]I wonder if Talley makes scope mounts for my Beretta 682 Gold E ?/quote]

Yeah I have talleys on my silver pigeon

IC B3

M
mtmuley Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Jeezus, IT IS TRUE. A GUY CAN'T PREFER A LEUPOLD, OR ELSE SOME EXPERT ON THIS FORUM HAS TO BEAT THE OPTIC OR THE POSTER DOWN FOR HIS CHOICE. HOW ABOUT SHUT THE f*** up IF A GUY LIKES A LEUPOLD!!!!!! AND IF A THREAD COMES UP ABOUT THEM, YOU a$$HOLES THAT CONTINUALY CROP UP AND EXPLAIN TO ONE THAT HIS CHOICE SUCKS SHOULD GET A LIFE!!! I haven't been on the fire long, but it didn't take much to figure out who the keyboard jockeys are. Dale AKA mtmuley

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDFinn
If price is the major concern, then I would agree that Leupold is very tough to beat. If price is not a major factor then I'll leave you with this quote from Barsness.........

"One other reason for selecting the S&B might be for use on rifles of higher recoil. One of my friends (and sources of scope info) is a custom riflemaker who makes a lot of rifles for world-wide hunters who prefer chamberings from .300 magnum on up. He tests each rifle with the scope the customer specifies, and reports fewer problems on hard-recoiling rifles with S&B scopes."......JB

Oh man...someone better put a suicide watch on E.

X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Dale, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! wink

Seriously though, these threads are nothing but pure entertainment. If you take them as anything more, you are too easily influenced.

Leupold makes a fine product as does Zeiss, Nikon, Bushnell and many others.

Much better optical quality from all of them today than most of the scopes of the good old days.

A nice variety of optical levels to choose from as well as price-points from most all major brands.

We should be so lucky to live in the Good 'ol U.S.ofA. despite the efforts of the chosen-one: Obamanation.

Buy what you like, and like what you buy.

Peace out 'yall.

Last edited by scottryan; 03/20/10.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mtmuley
Jeezus, IT IS TRUE. A GUY CAN'T PREFER A LEUPOLD, OR ELSE SOME EXPERT ON THIS FORUM HAS TO BEAT THE OPTIC OR THE POSTER DOWN FOR HIS CHOICE. HOW ABOUT SHUT THE f*** up IF A GUY LIKES A LEUPOLD!!!!!! AND IF A THREAD COMES UP ABOUT THEM, YOU a$$HOLES THAT CONTINUALY CROP UP AND EXPLAIN TO ONE THAT HIS CHOICE SUCKS SHOULD GET A LIFE!!! I haven't been on the fire long, but it didn't take much to figure out who the keyboard jockeys are. Dale AKA mtmuley

No, you haven't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't see 25 cal. holes at 100 yards on 6X ???

I know I have a hard time!

Which 6x are you usuing?

I've tried it with a Leupy FXIII 6x42 and other variables set at 6X.
Does it matter?

If you choose to use an inferior optic.
Nope.Not to me.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Sweet, now we are discussing seeing 25 caliber holes. Seems folks are surprised at where their bullets land, much humor in that.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by scottryan
Dale, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! wink

Seriously though, these threads are nothing but pure entertainment. If you take them as anything more, you are too easily influenced.

Leupold makes a fine product as does Zeiss, Nikon, Bushnell and many others.

Much better optical quality from all of them today than most of the scopes of the good old days.

A nice variety of optical levels to choose from as well as price-points from most all major brands.

We should be so lucky to live in the Good 'ol U.S.ofA. despite the efforts of the chosen-one: Obamanation.

Buy what you like, and like what you buy.

Peace out 'yall.

scottryan you call this entertainment - I can tell you're a fun kind of guy. One has to have a thick skin on here. Sometimes it's two or three against one, ya lots of fun. It seem like things lighten up then one guy comes along and back we go.

Thats all for me guys. I'm done with this one.

Alan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey plastic pistol boy, you wanna name names and refute this:

"I could be wrong but I believe that quote was refuted on another thread by the riflemaker in question, Said he used as many Leupolds as anything else and had no more issues with them than any other. "

You got facts or just he said, I heard BS?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by mtmuley

Breath in and exhale a few times and calm down.

Jews and Muslims will hold hands and dance in the streets before the Leupold vs Whatever Euro optics threads ever become civil and you can take that to the bank.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I already did oldphuck; I just repeated JB's quote. Get over it...or not...doesn't really matter to me.

Page 19 of 20 1 2 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 260Remguy, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 30 invisible), 2,182 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,115
Posts18,483,452
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.