-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
hey everybody, <BR> i have a Marlin Mod. 60 22lr. and i have had it for almost 8years , i am very pleased with this rifle and i have shot all sorts of animals with it from squirrels to woodchucks(groundhogs) and grey foxs. i was wonderin if anyone else enjoys their Marlin Mod. 60 22lr as much as i do. Mine still shoots great i can keep it in a .25 group at 50yards.<BR>YoungHunter

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
GB1

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
My first rifle was a Model 60. I saved up for months and was too young to purchase it so my dad actually bought it and I used it. I had a lot of problems with feeding any type of ammo. My father took it apart and polished the action and did a few other little things to correct the problem. By this time I was so frustrated I sold it to my father and gave up on guns for a while. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a top notch rimfire. My father traded that gun to a friend, and later bought another one. I shoot his whenever I can, and find it to be very accurrate. It is an absolute riot on a p-dog field. Take my word-Don't ever get rid of it. Kyle

If guns cause crime then mine are defective - Ted Nugent
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
The modle 60 was my first rifle too !<BR>I started hunting with it when I was 7 , and my dad has had it ever sence I can remember .<P>I treaded my dad this other .22 that I had for the modle 60 4 or 5 years back "he din't like the 60 for some reason" , and have never looked back . It is the only gun I use for "tree rats" , and nice for poping bunnys too "you can spray em' with 16 shots is you can't get em' in the scope" !<P>Regards: Treeratkiller

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Model 60 was my first "real" gun. Uncle gave it to me for my 7th birthday. Don't shoot it much but I wouldn't trade it for anything. How do your Model 60s shoot? Never have put mine on a bench to see what kind of groups I could get.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
LSU Fan<BR>I have never put mine on a bench either , but mine shoots great, i love it, i have no problem shooting squirrels in the head with it. For a semi automatic .22 it is very accurate. I have a cheap Tasco 3x-7x scope on it and i use it for tons of small game.<BR>YoungHunter

MARLIN 35Rem. THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
The Marlin 60 has always been a good, reliable gun. Marlin has really come out with a winner with their stainless model 60 with a laminated stock. If it shoots as good as it looks, I'd rank it right behind the Ruger 10/22.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I have a model 989 which is merely a clip-fed version of the same gun. It was my first gun - I got it as a Christmas present when I was 15. Well, now I'm 54 and still have and love that gun. It's been shot thousands of times and I can probably count the number of times it's jammed on the fingers of one hand and have fingers left over. Few things in this life are as dependable as those Marlin .22 autoloaders.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Well there seems to be an almost cult like following for the modle 60 marlin and its clones about 11.5 mil were made. Those who like it are attuned to tradition, of the first gun as you can see. Those who dislike it find it to be the ultimate jammer, which it is, if not kept very clean, it is however very accurate, for a light squirrel rifle.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
you guys are making me what another gun! I should stop reeding these forums wile I sill have some muney.

----------------

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety deserves neither freedom or safety". -Ben Franklin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a stainless steel Deluxe with a gray/green laminated stock for my son (2 years ago, when he was born). I won't shoot it until he is old enough to learn how to shoot (in about ten years). It sure looks like a fine rifle....I'm half tempted to buy one for myself.

"No honest man needs more than ten rounds in any gun." William Batterman Ruger
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought one for myself...nuff said

"No honest man needs more than ten rounds in any gun." William Batterman Ruger
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just bought the grandson one, put an old El Paso 4X scope on it and he loves it. I like the hold open after the last shot, save on fireing pins and breech faces!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

121 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 470Evans, 300_savage, 35, 7mm_Loco, 11 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,326
Posts18,526,486
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.