Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
After almost 2 years and 18k miles I haven't had any problems with my 08 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4. I have the 4.8L V8 and it tows with no problems my larger pop up, family, and gear up to 7 thousand feet from around 1100. I average 18.5 miles to the gallon with mostly city driving. I've had it up and down some pretty hairy 4x4 trails in Southern Arizona chasing coues whitetail deer and it did well. The rear seat space is spacious too. I pretty much stole it when they were offering the employee pricing a few years back.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Your right, the Tundra Double cab and the Ford Super Crew are very close in size. I havent owned both trucks in the last month, I am talking out of my azz!

TFF!! grin

Something clever here.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Your right, the Tundra Double cab and the Ford Super Crew are very close in size. I havent owned both trucks in the last month, I am talking out of my azz!

I think we are comparing apples and oranges, Cub. According to MSN Autos, my 2007 Tundra DC has 35" of rear legroom, the 2007 Ford CC has 39" and the 2010 Ford CC has 43.5" so if we are talking 2007 vs 2007, it is closer, which is what I said to start with. Appearantly Ford has greatly increased their back seat in recent models. Just for comparison the Tundra Crewmax has 44.5".

The point of my original email was not to put down or insult Ford. I happen to like Fords and my previous truck was a '97 F-150. My original post was simply to throw out an idea to someone who asked a question. The DC works great for me cause I rarely have adults in my back seat. I use it 99% of the time for storage of hunting clothes and such.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by country_20boy

The point of my original email was not to put down or insult Ford. I happen to like Fords and my previous truck was a '97 F-150. My original post was simply to throw out an idea to someone who asked a question. The DC works great for me cause I rarely have adults in my back seat. I use it 99% of the time for storage of hunting clothes and such.

I hear ya man, and I wasn't "defending" ford pickups, I was defending my sanity. Its just that while I was buying the new Ford, every single person in my family as well as the guys at work has commented on how big the rear seat area is in the new F-150's. I slept in the back seat area a couple weeks back while up north chasing wolves, and my 100 lb Rottie pup rides around in the truck with me,he's a good area size determinating factor!...grin Seriously though, the back seat is friggin huge compared to the back seat of my double cab Tundra I traded in. So it was a little hard to swallow someone telling me that I am flipping crazy! 2009 was when they extended the rear cab in the F-150's.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After seeing the prices of these newer trucks, I will probably never buy a new vehicle again. Seriously, $30,000+ for a truck??

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dude....new 4x4 full sized trucks have costed $30,000+ for at least the last 10 years. Cept the reg cab, and base model pickups, that is, aint nuthin new.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
After seeing the prices of these newer trucks, I will probably never buy a new vehicle again. Seriously, $30,000+ for a truck??

That's only for the cowboy cadalacs, 1/2 ton gassers run not much over $20k, diesels run not much over $30k. I'm talking base models for folks that know how to dicker on the sticker price. I too can't imagine putting $40-50k into a truck, especially when all those bells and whistles depriciate to nothing and are the items that tend to crap out first.

Given the hastles of dealing with stealerships, I too am unlikely to buy a new vehicle for a long time, if ever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dude....new 4x4 full sized trucks have costed $30,000+ for at least the last 10 years. Cept the reg cab, and base model pickups, that is, aint nuthin new.
Was there something that I said that made you think I don't know that already? My point is that they are overpriced and I don't give a [bleep] what kind of truck it is or what it comes with, $30k+ is too much money. And there are those that will pay closer to $50K so they can have one with all the bells and whistles on them, you want to spend that kind of money then knock yourself out but I won't do it myself.

I bought a brand spanking new Ford F150 with zero miles on it in 2001, was a regular cab and didn't have any power equipment other than steering and brakes and I spent less than $16K for it. Good luck finding anything new even close to that price nowadays. Inflation, yeah, I know all about that too.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wasn't sure when the last time you peeked at new truck prices is all, they have been high for a really long time. And I dont know how prices are for the guys in the lower 48 ( I know your from Alaska too) , but up here $16,000 barely gets you a Toyota Corolla, or a Chevy Cobalt. Everything is crazy espensive.

The funny part to me is that you can go to a local dealership and the 1 year old truck with 20,000 miles on it is for sale on their used car lot for all of $2,000 less than a new one can be had for , after rebates and such. Its really a no brainer. Never understood that one.

In 1996 I bought a Toyota Tacoma Xtra cab SR5, paid 22,000 for it, today the same (compact truck) Tacoma is stickered over $30,000, its [bleep] crazy if you ask me.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We're a cranky bunch all of us.

I blame Obama.

That is all, as you were men.

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The way mid size trucks are priced it doesn't seem worth getting one compared to a full size. At least new ones.

I needed a crew cab for my growing children. I only use a truck for light duty. But when I compared mid size crew cabs to full size crew cabs I found that the mid size mpg wasn't really much better than full size. Once the bigger rebates and incentives kicked in on the full size trucks I just didn't see the value in going smaller.

Extended and Reg cab mid size trucks are still decent value with smaller engines and perhaps a standard tranny. I traded a Chevy Colorado Ext. cab with the 5 cyl and manual tranny. Decent gas milage and a good size for my trucking needs. But no room my growing kids in the back.

Dan

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worse part about it all is, you buy a new truck and drive it off the lot and it automatically drops a couple thousand in value. When I buy a truck it will be a 3-5 year old truck with low miles and I won't compromise on what I want. Lots of storage room, power everything, leather interior, and plenty of power and decent mileage. My only regret in buying my last truck was not getting a Hemi but I didn't really see the need for it back then. Sure wish I had one now though.....

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Your right, the Tundra Double cab and the Ford Super Crew are very close in size. I havent owned both trucks in the last month, I am talking out of my azz!"

You said it, not me.

Last edited by ExpatFromOK; 03/25/10.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whats the matter Expat, cant take a little sarcasm when your wrong? Just for clarification,heres the numbers....you tell me whats closest to what

2010 Tundra DC

Rear leg room--------34.7"
Rear Shoulder room---65.7"
Rear Headroom--------38.7"

2010 Tundra CM

Rear leg room--------44.5"
Rear Shoulder room---65.4"

2010 F-150 SCREW

Rear leg room--------43.5"
Rear Shoulder room---65.6"
Rear Headroom--------40.3"

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Keep it coming!
Drove a Dodge and Ford today.

Dodge was sweet and a bit more refined.

Ford was more truck like.

Tomorrow test driving a Tundra and Titan

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swift
Keep it coming!
Drove a Dodge and Ford today.

Dodge was sweet and a bit more refined.

Ford was more truck like.

Tomorrow test driving a Tundra and Titan

Press the Toyota and Nissan dealers hard. You should be able to get them close to or at invoice before the rebates are deducted. Toyoya sales are down overall and Nissan Titan sales aren't setting the world on fire.

Dan

Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Off to the dealerships!

220 Swift still king.
Swift Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Didn't care for the Titan at all.

Now the Tundra DC was sweet (crew cab sweeter) and plenty of room in the back for the teenagers.

Time to ponder and search for a deal...

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Tundra does have plenty of room. Even the double cab is comfortable in the back. I guess it all depends on how much time the teenagers will be sitting back there.

If its an occasional ride or short trips than the DC might do. I know I could stretch my legs out all of the way in the back of the Crew Max. My problem was that The Crew Max's by me were all black and loaded with options that made them a lttle pricey for me. As the weeks have gone by perhaps the dealers will be a little hungrier. The end of the month is upon them.

Good luck,

Dan

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whats the matter Expat, cant take a little sarcasm when your wrong? Just for clarification,heres the numbers....you tell me whats closest to what

2010 Tundra DC

Rear leg room--------34.7"
Rear Shoulder room---65.7"

2010 Tundra CM

Rear leg room--------44.5"
Rear Shoulder room---65.4"

2010 F-150 SCREW

Rear leg room--------43.5"
Rear Shoulder room---65.6"
Rear Headroom--------40.3"

I ride in the back of all three regularly. Your "I bought a Ford, do you like me now?" schtick is pretty pathetic. You sound like a whiney chick. Maybe you are.

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,043
Posts18,482,094
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.