Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coronerrpm
As far as this whole thing over dies...Well it is a joke and never should have been put here but it was and that is that.

Great point!

This whole thread and the authorities being contacted was over a set of dies!!!!

That is lame!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
The details:

I sent funds and ffl out 2/17/2010 via priority mail for a rifle and dies.

The seller was contacted 3/08/2010 as to the location of the rifle. He promised to get tracking from the dealer that shipped it and report back later that day. The rifle and dies shipped separately but had both been shipped I was assured.

The rifle arrived 3/12/2010. Curiously no FFL was included. When the FFL was contacted, they replied they had not shipped the rifle. When given the seller's name they replied "oh, sometimes he does that".----NOTE:It is illegal to ship a firearm as if it came from a ffl when it is coming from a private individual.

On 3/22/2010 the seller was contacted again because the dies had not arrived. Keep in mind the rifle was shipped according to tracking 3/4/2010. And the rifle and dies went out separately, at the same time.

On 3/25/2010 the seller was put on notice for failure to deliver the dies or provide the tracking number for the original shipment.

Today, 3/26/2010, after posting here, and via PM the seller forwarded tracking on the dies. The tracking number is 03080070000023889444 which shows the dies were not shipped until 3/23/2010.

The seller has failed to complete the transaction in a reasonable amount of time. The seller refused to provide tracking numbers without other actions being taken. The seller failed to ship the dies when they said they did and only shipped them 19 days later when faced with strong repercussions.

In this time I have purchased 6 other rifles, traded $3k worth in rifles, and completed numerous other transactions. The seller is not active duty, but a retired veteran and now a DOD employed civilian. This is an individual who should have known better or been honest about the actual state of things. Excuses and honesty leads to understanding versus dishonesty and deceit.

So far as my lack of contribution to the threads here. Regrettably, I have little to add to the fistful of "Leupold's suck" or "S&B's are awesome, and Leupolds suck" threads. I do more reading than posting, and appreciate the different perspective offered by this site.

The maturity shown in this thread is staggering and fully illustrates why I don't post here as often as those who've responded to this thread. It seemed reasonable to inform site staff ahead of time rather than after the fact. Instead of contacting the site owner this seemed like a task for a moderator to handle and be aware of. What was a simple posted notice, became a dog pile of the worst thing about this site. For those who feel the same as I do, I apologize. This was never my intention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were in much better shape when you were vague and kept quiet, IMHO. The above shows your colors, you admit you got the gun and it seems your beef is a slow shipment AND illegal shipment, which isn't correct. If you think you are correct, please post the law you suggest he broke.

Hopefully you will apologize for trying to make him out as doing a felonious shipment....

To the military connection, Did you also contact his Mommy? What a chickenshit response, I suspect other military people hold you in LOW regard, but... thank you for your service, if you really are military or ex military... and the same goes for the seller/ dod employee.

I am sure you will get a lot more "childish" replies.... but you did fuel the fire

Another person to put on BEWARE..... but not who you suspected we would....sir.

Glad you got the gun, seems will get the dies, and showed your reaction to a simple slow shipment. Again, I doubt anyone will sell to you in the future if this is your reaction..... JMHO

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by BachelorJack
The rifle arrived 3/12/2010.

So you got the gun, well before you launched in to your little mission here.

Curiously no FFL was included. When the FFL was contacted, they replied they had not shipped the rifle. When given the seller's name they replied "oh, sometimes he does that".----NOTE:It is illegal to ship a firearm as if it came from a ffl when it is coming from a private individual.

WRONG.

From www.atf.gov...

ATF Home Firearms Frequently Asked Questions Unlicensed Persons

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?
A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.

[18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

On 3/25/2010 the seller was put on notice for failure to deliver the dies or provide the tracking number for the original shipment.

Today, 3/26/2010, after posting here, and via PM the seller forwarded tracking on the dies. The tracking number is 03080070000023889444 which shows the dies were not shipped until 3/23/2010.

While late, they WERE shipped before you "putting him on notice", and before this little tirade here. You had the gun weeks ago, and though communication was bad, the dies were shipped two days BEFORE your first posting here.

The seller has failed to complete the transaction in a reasonable amount of time. The seller refused to provide tracking numbers without other actions being taken. The seller failed to ship the dies when they said they did and only shipped them 19 days later when faced with strong repercussions.

And THIS is worthy of involving a senator and wing king??

It seemed reasonable to inform site staff ahead of time rather than after the fact. Instead of contacting the site owner this seemed like a task for a moderator to handle and be aware of.

Inform "them" of WHAT? That you're a cry baby? That you overreact? What?

And I ask again, who are the moderators here vs the site owner? Hint: It's one of the things that help this board to be as good as it is.... And it looks like the "moderators" here have handled another one....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by coronerrpm
As far as this whole thing over dies...Well it is a joke and never should have been put here but it was and that is that.

Great point!

This whole thread and the authorities being contacted was over a set of dies!!!!

That is lame!

I trust Eric Holder Jr. was out of the country or he'd have been sequestered as well? wink

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that....well I 'm not gonna give you the details of what I think....but in a couple days maybe...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not sure which is worse , his posting or me being stupid enough to waste time reading this drama ,...Over a set of DIES.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
What a cluster [bleep] this is.

In my opinion, when you list something here that sells and have the cash in hand, you have a huge responsibility to ship the item ASAP. You have someones money and trust in your hands. I don't give a crap if it is a $10 box of rocks or a $2000 gun.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Idaho_Elk_Huntr
[Linked Image]

since no one else has claimed her how much for the blonde in the green i like blondes and green is my favorite color she can keep me warm in the winter and provide shade in the summer bet she can cook pretty good too Ron

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think they"re HOT except thr one in the pink bikini with red hair.She does nothing for me!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

In my opinion, when you list something here that sells and have the cash in hand, you have a huge responsibility to ship the item ASAP. You have someones money and trust in your hands. I don't give a crap if it is a $10 box of rocks or a $2000 gun.

I think everyone here would agree with what you said in your post above.
The problem everyone has is with getting the Gov't and a Base Commander involved in a deal over a set of dies.
The seller admitted he blew it on the prompt shipment part of the deal. Bachelor Jack has shown no qualms or remorse for getting authorities involved in a deal where the dies were on the way to him as he posted the OP.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kunas

since no one else has claimed her how much for the blonde in the green i like blondes and green is my favorite color she can keep me warm in the winter and provide shade in the summer bet she can cook pretty good too Ron

DUDE! I was hoping I NEVER had to see that pic again and you go posting it up again for all to see.
That is just wrong! eek

Last edited by nsaqam; 03/26/10.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

I don't think ANYBODY here doesn't agree with prompt shipment being important.......

This wouldn't have been an issue for us to know about unless the poster started this thread...... If you are trying to make this a negative for the seller, so be it. He admitted he was negligent in his actions.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by kunas
...bet she can cook pretty good too...

Oh, I'm sure she CAN.

But... will she leave any for YOU?? sick

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All in all, 5+ weeks is a bit long to wait on anything bought here. Matters not what it is, dies, brass, boolits, whatever...

3 and half weeks is bad enough for the rifle. Never knew an FFL had to be sent with a firearm.?

Can't care much for the route the OP took though. How's it going with your State Senator?

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
"Self Government wont work without Self Disipline"

I spend too much time on here, I have delt with some awesome guys
I laughed and posted smarta s comments about this post but in the end Drama, misconceptions,gossip and bullheadedness have really screwed up even larger things that this site.

I love when a guy says oh just send a check.That trust is one of the best things in the world.

THANKS to all those I have done deals with a hand shake and confirm everyday that 99.34% of people are good.I need to see that, CNN or the Detroit news dont show me that.

OK BIG GROUP HUG

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
coldbore never thought of that good point,
nsaqam, dont be trying to take her from me making me think that shes not the queen she appears to be true definition of a buffet buster for sure Ron

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by boatboy
"Self Government wont work without Self Disipline"

I spend too much time on here, I have delt with some awesome guys
I laughed and posted smarta s comments about this post but in the end Drama, misconceptions,gossip and bullheadedness have really screwed up even larger things that this site.

I love when a guy says oh just send a check.That trust is one of the best things in the world.

THANKS to all those I have done deals with a hand shake and confirm everyday that 99.34% of people are good.I need to see that, CNN or the Detroit news dont show me that.

OK BIG GROUP HUG

Hank

Agree 100% had items shipped before the MO arrived Best place on the net

Neal
NRA Endowment Life Member.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have made countless deals with Mod7Nut, both as seller and buyer. He is 100% a stand up guy.

We have all gotten in situations where we let time get away from us. Modern life is very hard sometimes. Need I say more?

I myself try to be perfectly prompt when sending someone money or shipping something to them, and it does bug me when someone doesn't send me what they said they would in a timely manner.

But I will be the most surprised person on Earth if Mod7Nut ever chisels someone out of anything.

Mod7Nut -- I salute you for your service to our Country. You can call on me anytime for help, buddy.

Mark

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
[Linked Image]

If Idaho Elk Huntr's picture posting privileges aren't suspended for at least a month, I'm calling my state senator! sick

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Reminds me of a busted can of bisquits.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

698 members (10ring1, 16gage, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,959 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,306
Posts18,526,087
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.