Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
DirtNap Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Not sure if this was posted before, but here is an interesting blog from a marine on taking sides in a potential civil war. My only issue is that who decides when and how the constitution has been violated? What constitutes a violation: canceled elections, ignoring a SCOTUS decision, what? His problem is that he doesn't define why the civilians have rebelled. Thoughts?

"But this government of ours is a democracy. We vote for our representatives, and they vote in our interests. Sometimes, the votes don't go our way. That's life, better luck next time. Exhaust your legislative options, and then focus on gaining the required votes and/or seats to achieve your desired legislative vote next election time. That's the way things work.

But the SECOND you start committing acts of violence and vandalism, then you've usurped that Constitution. You in a way have assaulted it. And then you and I (I being every servicemember who has sworn to defend said Constitution) will have a MAJOR PROBLEM."

http://christopher-calbat.newsvine....stop-and-think?pc=25&sp=0#discussion

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
>His problem is that he doesn't define why the civilians have rebelled. Thoughts?

It doesn't matter why. He's telling the birthers, the secessionists, the tea partiers, etc., that if their rhetoric becomes violence they'll face the marines, etc.

In my opinion, the rest of us will face the loss of the 2nd amendment.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Quote: "it is an order I will follow no matter how much it pains me

I don't know who this guy thinks is thinking of overthrowing the government, but it ain't most of us.

What this does mean is that the military mostly will blindly follow orders. Note that he mentioned being deployed in combat in the states.

this almost certainly goes for the police, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kind of sounds just like the Nazis crud spoken at rails.:Just following orders"

Just to bad, quess he thinks all Military will follow his thinking.

Pray it never comes to any more than hot air

"Just another day in Oz!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I do not believe for a minute he speaks for the majority of rank & file military.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More of the mil will follow this thinking than not. It would not be the first time the US military has been used to quell civillian dissent (even peaceful). See the US Army vs former servicemen after WWI during great depression. That was peaceful march, also nat'l guard being used to quell union supporters during same century.

Not something I'd bet they would never do again.

NRA Life Member
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the various arms of the military are always going to follow orders. that's where their pay, rank, pensions, and health care comes from. they have a self-interest to uphold.

when the soviet union crashed and burnt, what did the military choose to do???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The good sargent bases his blog on some sort of revolution springing up, rather then the citizens reacting to some overt central government outrage. Think Ruby Ridge.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd suggest that he and you read the Posse Comitatus Act, passed a hundred and fifty years ago.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe he's already read about the whiskey rebellion.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mako, ya better read up on it yourself, I believe it has been pretnear gutted.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great point, the Rebellion where the Fed demonstrated they would violate their own law to put down conflict. The end result was a couple dozen arrests, and all were acquitted.

Even the early federal governmenr realized the importance of centralized power.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While the act appears to prohibit active participation in law enforcement by the military, the reality in application has become quite different. The act is a statutory creation, not a constitutional prohibition. Accordingly, the act can and has been repeatedly circumvented by subsequent legislation. Since 1980, Congress and the president have significantly eroded the prohibitions of the act in order to meet a variety of law enforcement challenges.

One of the most controversial uses of the military during the past 20 years has been to involve the Navy and Air Force in the �war on drugs.� Recognizing the inability of civilian law enforcement agencies to interdict the smuggling of drugs into the United States by air and sea, the Reagan Administration directed the Department of Defense to use naval and air assets to reach out beyond the borders of the United States to preempt drug smuggling. This use of the military in antidrug law enforcement was approved by Congress in 10 U.S.C., sections 371�381. This same legislation permitted the use of military forces in other traditionally civilian areas�immigration control and tariff enforcement.

Old cat turd!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For a sergeant he doesn't know much about the constitution. We are not a democracy, he gets it wrong from the start.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Junior1942
> He's telling the birthers, the secessionists, the tea partiers, etc., that if their rhetoric becomes violence they'll face the marines, etc. In my opinion, the rest of us will face the loss of the 2nd amendment

You continue to amaze me (rhetorical statement) with just how brain washed you are by your democrap buddies. Equating the kook element with the Tea Party movement is right out of the leftist playbook. As to the Second Amendment, you voted for a man who doesn't believe in it and who appointed an Attorney General that's even worse. The scary part about all this is that you'll probably vote in the next election...jorge

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by DirtNap
Not sure if this was posted before, but here is an interesting blog from a marine on taking sides in a potential civil war. My only issue is that who decides when and how the constitution has been violated? What constitutes a violation: canceled elections, ignoring a SCOTUS decision, what? His problem is that he doesn't define why the civilians have rebelled. Thoughts?

"But this government of ours is a democracy. We vote for our representatives, and they vote in our interests. Sometimes, the votes don't go our way. That's life, better luck next time. Exhaust your legislative options, and then focus on gaining the required votes and/or seats to achieve your desired legislative vote next election time. That's the way things work.

But the SECOND you start committing acts of violence and vandalism, then you've usurped that Constitution. You in a way have assaulted it. And then you and I (I being every servicemember who has sworn to defend said Constitution) will have a MAJOR PROBLEM."

http://christopher-calbat.newsvine....stop-and-think?pc=25&sp=0#discussion

The armed rebellion created America. Most developing countries have a political rebellion which for us was the Revolutionary War and a social rebellion the Civil War.

The next rebellion will combine the two previous rebellions.

Doc

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next rebellion will combine the two previous rebellions.

That is quite astute.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Junior1942
>His problem is that he doesn't define why the civilians have rebelled. Thoughts?

It doesn't matter why. He's telling the birthers, the secessionists, the tea partiers, etc., that if their rhetoric becomes violence they'll face the marines, etc.

In my opinion, the rest of us will face the loss of the 2nd amendment.

Why would you associate birthers or Tea Party folk as this guys foe? I have yet to hear anyone associated with the TM movement advocate civil war. I think you are watching too much MSNBC.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The government is already ramping up for there own security. They have started talking about protection for all of them like the president has, do you think that they are already planning on the up riseing. There not stupped after all they have buffaloed there way threw this far, it may be only a matter of time before they increase the pressure on us. May be before the November vote. I also might be looking at to much of the bad side of things too and I do hope I am wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (12344mag, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 47 invisible), 2,165 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,339
Posts18,506,151
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.