Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yep, been several places I couldn't go with a 6x42........

Careful, he'll tell you to [bleep] off if you corner him on something...

Brad, I really am suprised that you don't give MR more love. I thought Dana was your Cornbud?

Are MR products too NASCAR for your tastes or what?

Hey Dan, [bleep] off.

Dan, you've never "cornered" me on anything, you're frankly not smart enough. However, acting like a school girl far out of your depth does seem to be your forte...

Wow, too bad I got better schitt to do today than to argue with an egotistical [bleep] (I learned something from your buddy Larry)

So Dana's your buddy?? But Mystery Ranch is junk....
NASCAR is for buck-tooth hillbillies that [bleep] their sisters, and is singlehandedly responsible for whoring up coorporate America?

This critical approach you take towards everything and many of us here is what I got a problem with...

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're so full of simple-minded assumptions it's hard to know where to start. Never said "Dana is my buddy" and never said MR is junk. Where do you get this chit? Seriously... in fact, recently posted this on a daypack thread:

Kurt, gotta agree your MR might be the best day/hunting pack to ever come down the pike... may have to pick one up as funds permit

Bottom line, MR's big packs don't fit me well, despite being VERY well made... problem with you Dan is you haven't got the BP-ing experience to grasp any more detailed explanation than that... or likely the reading comprehension skills.

Dan, stick with your hooker, drinking and drug innuendo's... it's more in keeping with your "all trash no trailer" persona...

BTW, the problem with our world is the Politically Correct LACK of critical thinking... I don't do "group think" well...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
�BTW, the problem with our world is the Politically Correct LACK of critical thinking... I don't do "group think" well...

Hmmm�someone has an education.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

here is a 6x36 in matte with a reg duplex i had change at leupold on a 7remmag dakota 76

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Back when Leupold first introduced them, they and other companies, like Burris, put on demonstrations concerning their toughness. As I recall, and this was way back in the mid 90's, Burris's were actually tougher than Leupold's based on tests done by guys like Bill McRae.
The trouble was that they weren't quite as good at transmiting the scope's light or image. Some of the smaller scopes in Leupold's LPS line were disappointing, for instance.
Back then, Leupold claimed their DC coatings were 15X harder. But now, with the much improved coatings, much improved in their light transmitting properties, they simply claim that they are several times tougher.
The only outside testing that I've heard of was done by the military. Leupold's DC2 coatinggs passed their tests easily.
E

So, just to be clear, you recall some tests, they've improved since the 90's, they passed the military test, Leupold 'claims' them to be several times harder (no reference to which scope lines) and that makes them "10 times harder than other manufacturer's coatings"

Nothing with respect to direct comparisons, tests (by anyone)...got it.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

I've had a hankering to have a CDS mounted on a 6x36LR... too bad to hear about the tracking. If you don't mind, when you get the scope back and try it out I'd like to hear if it works.

Thanks.

BTW, great looking rig!

i'm running that exact scope on my Kimber Montana .223 right now (6x36 lr w/CDS elevation). mine seems to track pretty well. the plan was to run dotz for the quick shots and dial elevation if i have time, but i'll have to use it some more to get handy with the dotz...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When in doubt, and there is plenty of reasons for that, here is what Leupold says about Diamond Coat 2...

" Exterior lens surfaces are treated with DiamondCoat 2�, an ion-assist lens coating, for higher light transmission and the greatest level of abrasion resistance we�ve ever offered...."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Mtn Hunter
I put a FXII 6X36on my Ti '06, been pretty happy with it so far:
[Linked Image]

I had a Leupie 6x42 on another rifle but prefer scopes with objectives around 36mm since they sit and ride so well on rifles that are packed in rough terrain, especially if carried in the Kifaru gunbearer.

Like most things, it's all about trade-offs and subjectivity. wink

MtnHtr

Sweeeeet rig there! Thats a nice set up MtnHtr!

Bill

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 7remmag
[Linked Image]

here is a 6x36 in matte with a reg duplex i had change at leupold on a 7remmag dakota 76

Same could propably be said for this rig as I said for MtnHtr's, but I can't see all of yours. grin

Last edited by tx270; 03/27/10.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Art,

Why aren't you asking RDFinn or Lorne why they're picking on your poster-child, E? Seems you favor selective protection; IOW, E spews the same [bleep] over and over, and when he's called on it, the only one you feel the need to protect him from is...me.

Why is that?

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by 7remmag
[Linked Image]

AWWWWW...That's a nice looking rig but the shifter is on the wrong side!!!

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Art...?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've tried hunting with the 6X42 for 2 seasons off and on and keep going back to the 6X36 and 2-7 scopes. I believe my 6X42 is gone forever this time.

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You're so full of simple-minded assumptions it's hard to know where to start. Never said "Dana is my buddy" and never said MR is junk. Where do you get this chit? Seriously... in fact, recently posted this on a daypack thread:

Kurt, gotta agree your MR might be the best day/hunting pack to ever come down the pike... may have to pick one up as funds permit

Bottom line, MR's big packs don't fit me well, despite being VERY well made... problem with you Dan is you haven't got the BP-ing experience to grasp any more detailed explanation than that... or likely the reading comprehension skills.

Dan, stick with your hooker, drinking and drug innuendo's... it's more in keeping with your "all trash no trailer" persona...

BTW, the problem with our world is the Politically Correct LACK of critical thinking... I don't do "group think" well...

Hmmm....

What about this thread? http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/3305244/1

and there was this quote on your "packs" thread. Two weeks after MR came on board and you and Mark butted heads.
Apparently one maker has begun to dominate this forum and quench healthy dialogue. Seems to me, whenever someone asks "what pack should I get", there are two rote answers: Mystery Ranch or Kifaru. Folks, there are a LOT of packs in the world and what's "best" is what fits, not a brand. Will say, I'm REALLY interested in the new Kifaru G2.

Nowhere did Mark "quench" healthy dialoque

You're so full of simple-minded assumptions it's hard to know where to start.

or likely the reading comprehension skills.

This is the crap that Larry was notorious for... The back-handed insults and put downs. I love the "NASCAR = white trash hillbillies assumption" Yet I'm the one thats full of "simple minded assumptions"

I spent more than a few summers of my life crewing stock cars, it went with the territory of being one of the best cylinder head machinists in the PACNW. I helped build this Street Stock, from the ground up.
[Linked Image]
It holds track records at Kalispell and Pablo, and has done very well at Stateline, Yakima (Fall Classic) and Spokane Raceway Park. Its well on its way now to being an Outlaw Street Stock and touring next summer. Not bad for a guy with an IQ in the 180's that lives on a "middle income"

Its okay if you want to call me a white trash hillbilly... But this eletist approach you take in your dealings with others bugs me. I don't care if you have more backpacking experience than me and I'm a hillbilly that crews stock cars. That doesn't make you better than me...

I'm Irish...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Dan,

Is "Larry" the infamous "Big Stick"?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep... As well as Pale White Cracker and TryMe. Not one of my favorite people either.

I've done a lot of schitt in my time on Earth too, but I don't act like a dick when somebody asks a question that I might know the answer to.

I'm Irish...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've done a lot of schitt in my time on Earth too, but I don't act like a dick when somebody asks a question that I might know the answer to.

He does.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Art,

Why aren't you asking RDFinn or Lorne why they're picking on your poster-child, E? Seems you favor selective protection; IOW, E spews the same [bleep] over and over, and when he's called on it, the only one you feel the need to protect him from is...me.

Why is that?

Been down this road a lot too many times... All you did was attack E without the first start at anything new or legit in the way of argument. I have not noticed Lorne's comments and have no need to go look for them. RDFinn on the other hand has added a tremendous amount to the discussion with specific quotes and claims from Leupold at odds with what E says.

And that makes my argument perfectly. I am not protecting, nor attempting to protect, E at all. I am not trying to stop anyone from attacking E's posts or comments. He made and makes plenty of errors. You have made more than your share of stupid comments you thought were based on fact... That would be apart from your regular virulent attack mode.

What I have problems with is the attack on E, not his posts, from someone like you with nothing to add. It is the arrogant cop attitude that makes you so easy to dislike.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a couple of 6X36's and a 6X42....like both. Cant go wrong either way. I've even got an old 8X36....cool scope as well..

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey Dan, I can't help your insecurities, but the fact you can't see that increasingly large and gaudy logos on shooting stuff is similar to NASCAR is hilarious. That's not a knock on NASCAR, just a fact that's there for anyone to notice if they have a brain and at least one eye in its proper socket.

More hilarious is you take a shot at me out of the blue by calling some one my "cornbud" and not expect to get told to "[bleep] off" for it. THAT sort of out-of-the-blue, shot-taking is the stuff LARRY was known for. But at least Larry was honest about it and had a good command of the language.

Aside, you have no ability to put things in their context, but you do have a school girls ability to get her panties in a wad over stuff out of your ability to grasp.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (afisher, arky65, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 8 invisible), 1,438 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,594
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.