Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Jaeger Offline OP
OP Offline
J
<BR>The Romanian 22lr training rifles are very accurate, very rugged, very well made and very ugly. They are also very cheap!!!<P>My 77/22 has been very sad since I bought this little gem. It is by far the best surplus deal on the market. <P>Now, everyone go out and buy one. You'll regret it if you don't.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drop that piece of crap down a dry well, before you hurt yourself! Or..better yet, send it to me, so it can keep my Romanian company. I have read a couple articles on the web about how awful them Romanians are, obviously written by 22rf snobs, eh? Best $60 I've ever spent, warts and all.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Where does one get one of these gems?<P>Larry

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some dealers get a few in from time to time here, Shotgun News generally has ads for them along with other milsurps. If no one in your area has them, perhaps a shop near you will order you one. Prices vary from about $40 to $60 here. They sometimes need a bit of TLC, but they are very accurate rifles.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Two of my friends bought them and asked me to refinish them. They came out great! After alot of sanding, stain control sealer, red mahogny stain and seven coats of polyurathane you wouldn't believe their the same gun. I cleaned the actions and made some minor alterationto them, What a nice triger they have and they shoot well too! I think they were the best deal on the market.

Respect can not be given, It must be earned.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I agree that the Romanain is a good and accurate little gun..... We bought 3 of them for the children. Guess one of the main things is that they aren't costly.<P> Hiya Dube!!

Take your children hunting, saves hunting for your children.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hya twee wat. Went to a fairly big gunshow today. Stacks of M98's, M48 yugos and the usual chicom and eastern bloc stuff, but not one measley Rom. M1969 22 rifle. Did manage to get a new Taiwan-made spare magazine for the Rom though.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Dube... I went to a small gun show yesrturday and those things make me a bit nervous.... here is all these strangers in there pointing this gun or that gun around and they don't always point them in a safe manner.... guess I can't control the shows though... lol.<P> I did however get me a Ruger SP101 a few weeks ago and then today I used it to get through the concealed carry course that is required..... won't be long and I will have that permit... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] talk to you soon (email me!! ) <P> Anna

Take your children hunting, saves hunting for your children.
A
A
Yea as of this weekend I'm hunting a few down myself.
<br>The person at the shooting range next to me was shooting one. They big, chunky rugged things and I was AMAZED at how accurate these are.
<br>I'm getting one next weekend for my kids as they are kinda rough on my Marlins.
<br>
<br>Can you mount a scope on them?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, but they aren't the standard 3/8" dovetail. Buy a cheap pair of 22 scope rings and adapt them to fit. The Rom's dovetail is smaller. Try to find rings that have a small mass of metal where they clamp onto the rail or the bolt handle won't clear them.
<br>Ordinarily I don't skimp on mounts or rings, but who wants to spend $30 for rings on a $40 rifle? Some of the KwikSite rings work fine. Mine has the $7, vertically-split rings and they're as tight as the day I put 'em on. I just removed some of the aluminum where the two halves mate, to get them to fit.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 52 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.