Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
maybe a ladder

Neal
NRA Endowment Life Member.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know, when a person doesn't really care much anymore, things change. I was near that point in my career in ATC and one day in the presence of a genuine Wash. DC. headquarters puke I laid an F-bomb in his well coiffed presence. Li'l Nazi azzhat turned me in.

It was a merry adventure and in the end I did two things I'm proud of. One was to retire about 4 months later without notice. The other was the response pasted below, that with transmittal cover sheet went all the way to DC Hq and the FAA Administrator.

All airway intersections have 5 letters. There are more intersections than letters so the folks within a local jurisdiction get creative when new intersections are named. You see, the intersections have to be pronounceable and air traffic controllers are by nature, wise azzed psychos. I were one. I invented this letter and it was actually submitted. No Chitt(ok).

So, without further ado;

6-10-03

L.O.R. Decision

Mario Bosque
Central Area Operations Supervisor
JAX ARTCC
Hilliard, Fl.

Mr. Bosque,

I am profoundly disappointed with the affirmation of your Letter of Reprimand per your letter dated 4-30-03. This issue will ultimately be settled by arbitration IAW the Collective Bargaining Agreement as outlined in the second paragraph of your letter, and barring success in that arena, in court.

Although I do not wish to sound repetitive I must restate my request for information contained in my letter of response to your proposed action, dated 4-14-03, that being a list of proscribed language or verbiage that is prohibited in the workplace. You threaten me with termination in your Letter of Reprimand yet are coy in regards to what language is acceptable in the workplace. If you refuse to respond as requested please have the professional courtesy to respond in the negative. Some framework definition is required in this matter, and to date the silence has been deafening.

I will take this occasion to address another aspect of my letter that needs amending even though it may be too late. I was interrogated by Ms. Gettig regarding my use of THE WORDS, and later signed acknowledgment of the transcript of that event. My mind was in such turmoil at that juncture that I overlooked a not inconsequential aspect of the text and my admission. The spelling used in the text was �F--- You�, and being no stranger to phonics I overlooked the fact that my words were in fact spelled �Ph--- You�. They sound the same. The origin of this phrase precedes us by many centuries and in fact has evolved through many changes since the original �Plucking the Yew�*. This is probably beyond allowable time frames for this process, but I felt compelled to set the record straight nonetheless.

In addition I must expand on my reference to the Athol intersection in ZMA airspace. Well, I have subsequently discovered a plethora of such intersections on the ERIDS system and other FAA sources. I feel compelled to acknowledge my total lack of understanding on the subject of propriety concerning intersection names. As these names are in the NAS data base I am left with little choice but to assume they are indeed acceptable verbiage in the workplace and as it appears that context is irrelevant I will feel free to use them as deemed appropriate. I will list them for you for the record with the state of location in closed parenthesis. Before I start however, I just want you to know that I consider this entire thing FUBAR (AZ). Did you know that COLIN (VA) is right next door to NUTTS (VA)? COLLN (CO) isn�t. At least LOINS (IA) is separated from BEAVR (TX) by BUTCH (OK). What a relief! But it gets worse, sorry. Do you think there is a hidden meaning in the placement of BUSSH (TN) just across the border from NUDEE (NC) and SLITT (NC)? You probably know that DIKEE (AK) is a long way from there but it�s in the same place as NAKED (AK), geographically speaking. If I lived on the east coast I might be concerned about my neighbors with DICKE (NJ) and LICKK (NJ) on their mind. There is some symmetry however in that JUGGS(ID) is several time zones separated from RACKE(FL) and CRACK(AK). Is this just another SNAFU(NJ)? What kind of ATHOL(FL) allowed this to happen? BABEE(NY) and BABBE(MI) are probably not the same, just as COLON(SC) and GASHE(OR) are different. Some people like to SWALO(MA), some shake their BOOTY(WI), some think MUFFE(FL) is SEXXY(IL), and out west we have DIVER(TX) and DIVVR(TX), but maybe they are of different persuasion. The message from the heartland is not ambiguous however since they prefer COOCH(NB).

You may think that would conclude the list of intersections that detail various body parts or have graphic reference to sex. DONYA(MI) bet your BOOTE(IN) on it BAABE(OH). I�m just getting warmed up on this FAKKR(CA). I want you to understand by the way, I�m not giving you the FINGR(TX) in a metaphorical sense. Just trying to define what is acceptable. If you find that my methodology does not AMUZE(AL) you, remember that I asked for your guidance on three prior occasions. Well, on with the show. No thought or association is intended by the order of presentation:
BAABY(MD) HONEE(TX) LUVVE(CA) BUSTS(TX) BUXOM(OR) CUTEY(IL) DROOL(MI) FEELY(NC) LOVER(NM) CODDS(WA) DONGS(FL) LUNGS(WI) FLUZE(NM) BODYS(OH) BLOWN(PA) LONGG(OK) HUMPP(WA) RACKK(IL) SLEEZ(CA) QUIKY(PA) HUMMR(AZ) RACKS(NM) ANNAS(VA)

Tell me this is one big FOPAW(OK), please. It makes me want to consider getting DRUNK(MA) with some HOOCH(PA) or BEERS(PA), or high on GANJA(TX) or WEEDD(CA) or GRASS(WI) or JUNKE(KS). Is this how one becomes a JUNKI(VA)? Before I get back to the sexual innuendo I want to share some ethnic slang with you. It seems to be very diverse so maybe it�s okay. Must be since it�s been blessed by Washington. CAJIN(VA) CAJUN(FL) CANUK(GA) DINKS(VA) SLANT(TX) and COONS(AZ). Seems like a CROCK(MO) of CHITT(VT) to me. Unless you�re a PUTTZ(MS) you�d have to agree. What a DOOZI(AK) of a mess this is. It makes me feel a bit like Donald Duck; You know, the part about not giving a QUACK(AK). That by the way is a derivative of PH---, which is derived from F---, a further derivation of PLUCK(OK) which originated from the 1400�s according to my source. Funny how PLUCK(OK) and PH--- are five letter words. I wonder why the latter didn�t make the list.

Other insensitive verbiage, perhaps better left off the airwaves: CREEP(OH) DAAME(RI) FATTI(VA) FATTS(TN) FATTY(FL) FLABB(TN) HONIE(GA) HONNY(NE) NERDE(ND) UGLEE(FL); And while I�m at it, don�t be a MORON(CA) and try to convince me that this GUANO(FL) is okay. It is not.

Well now, its time to get back to the world of innuendo. This isn�t about who has the LONGER(AL) WILLY(VA), nor does it matter if your BABYS(TX) looking for a BUBEE(IA) NOOGY(CA). I�m not going to get into SLITZ(MO), COLNZ(IA), CRAPS(NV) even as I try to keep this out of the BENJO(MI). With that thought in mind there is little purpose in discussing FISTR(CO). Such is life on planet EARTH(FL).

I know you think my attitude is �FIGMO�(TX), but the bottom line is that I think I�m getting the SHAFT(CO), and a CHITI(OK) deal as well. The really bad news is that I didn�t use half of the named intersections available in this dissertation (?). The PC Police could have a ball here, don�t you agree?

You might reasonably conclude that to some degree I have written this tongue-in-cheek and such assumption would be correct in the main. Do not be lulled into ignoring the second paragraph of this letter. I�m not smiling that much.

ADIOS(DE) AMIGO(CA),

Dan H.
Central Area CPC

* Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the British, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers. Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore they would be incapable of fighting in the future. The longbow was made of the native Yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as �plucking the yew� (or �pluck yew�).
Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at them, saying �See, we can still pluck yew! PLUCK YEW!�
Since �pluck yew� is difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning gradually changed to a labiodental fricative �F�, and thus THE WORDS often used in conjunction with the one fingered salute are mistakenly thought to have something to do with an intimate encounter. It is also because of the pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow that the symbolic gesture is known as �giving the bird�.

Acknowledgment of receipt:

laugh

Last edited by DigitalDan; 03/29/10.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By the way, is anybody goin' long on that bet?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I can't believe I sat here and read that, but I, for one, liked it... grin

ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Since every one has gotten into reading all of a sudden, lets stay on topic.

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htweap/articles/20100322.aspx
Snipers Upgraded

March 22, 2010: A year ago, in response to user requests, the U.S. Army ordered upgrades for its sniper equipment, including 38.4 million rounds of .300 Winchester magnum ammunition for the newly modified M-24 sniper rifles. The new ammo costs about $1.30 per round. The army is also modifying rifle magazines to hold ten, rather than five, rounds. A new scope (25x instead of 10x) and a flash suppressor is being provided as well. Other changes are in the works. Snipers have been enormously successful in Iraq and Afghanistan, and when new gear is asked for, it is usually provided.
Snipers have been asking for a longer range weapon, but not one as bulky and heavy as the 30 pound .50 caliber (12.7mm) rifle (which is good to about 2,000 meters). Thus the army is modifying existing M24 rifles to fire the more powerful .300 Winchester Magnum ("Win Mag") round. It was felt that this gave the snipers all the additional range they needed, without requiring a much heavier rifle. SOCOM has been using this approach since the early 1990s.

The calls were loudest from snipers operating in Afghanistan, where U.S. Army and Marine Corps shooters wanted a sniper rifle that can consistently get kills out to 1,800 meters. The current 7.62mm round was good only to about 800 meters. The 300 Winchester magnum is a more powerful, but not much larger, round than the current 7.62mm one. By replacing the barrel and receiver of the $6,700 M24 sniper rifle, for about $4,000, you can fire the .300 Winchester Magnum round. This is longer (at 7.62 x 67mm) than the standard 7.62x51mm round, and is good out to 1,200 meters. An improved version of the round is expected to extend that range another 200 meters or so. The only downside is the greater recoil for the Win Mag, which requires snipers to spend some time and effort adjusting to this.

There was another option, and that was to replace the barrel and receiver of the M24 sniper rifles to handle the .338 (8.6mm) Lapua Magnum round. Thus you still have a 17 pound sniper rifle, but with a round that can hit effectively out to about 1,600 meters. British snipers in Iraq, and especially Afghanistan, have found the Lapua Magnum round does the job at twice the range of the standard 7.62x51mm round. The 8.6mm round entered use in the early 1990s, and became increasingly popular with police and military snipers. Some NATO snipers have used this round in Afghanistan with much success, and have a decade of experience with these larger caliber rifles. Recognizing the popularity of the 8.6mm round, Barrett, the pioneer in 12.7mm sniper rifles, came out with a 15.5 pound version of its rifle, chambered for the 8.6mm. But the U.S. preferred the lighter .300 Winchester magnum solution.

This is not the first time the U.S. Army has quickly responded to sniper needs. Three years ago, in response to requests from snipers operating in urban areas of Iraq, the U.S. Army began issuing the M110 SASS (Semi-Automatic Sniper System). Urban snipers often have multiple targets, at relatively short ranges. They needed a semiautomatic rifle. Previously, many snipers have had success using tuned up M-14s (from the 1960s) as sniper rifles. While semi-automatic and rugged, the M-14 wasn't designed to be a sniper rifle. The M110 was a better semi-automatic sniper rifle, since it is inherently more reliable and accurate. As far back as World War II, it was known that there were many situations where a semi-automatic sniper rifle would come in handy. But it's taken over half a century to solve the reliability and accuracy problems.

The M110 is a based on the AR-10 rifle. The U.S. Navy has been buying a similar weapon, the SR25. This is also known as the Mk11 Sniper Rifle System (SRS). These new semi-automatic sniper rifles are 7.62mm weapons based on the designs of M-16 creator, Gene Stoner. The basis for the M-16 was the AR-15, and a 7.62mm version of that weapon was called the AR-10. About half the parts in the SR25 are interchangeable with those in the M-16. The Stoner sniper rifles achieved its high accuracy partly by using a 20 inch heavy floating barrel. The "floating" means that the barrel is attached only to the main body of the rifle to reduce resonance (which throws off accuracy.)

The M110 weighs 17.3 pounds in combat, and about 70 pounds with all components of the system. The M110 can use a ten or twenty round magazine. The 40.5 inch long rifle can have a six inch tube attached to the barrel, which reduces the noise and flash made when the rifle fires, and largely eliminates nearby dust rising into the air, which often gives away the snipers position.

The M110 will gradually replace many of the bolt-action M24s, while the remaining M24s will be converted to fire the .300 Winchester Magnum, for those snipers working somewhere, like Afghanistan, where more range is needed.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Reading is over rated....pics are better!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
I can't believe I sat here and read that, but I, for one, liked it... grin

ingwe

Dayum you are still awake???

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Barely...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I identify. Have to drive 200 miles at work again tomorrow. It is a daily thing anymore. 100 miles out and 100 miles back.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good Morning Men, Lets start with an Ingwe favorite

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Dang ya'll have been busy - guess that pic I threatened to post
got results grin

Yes those are border collie pups for those who asked.

I think that damsel on the train tracks has heard about pulling
trains from her girlfriends... poor misguided thing, any
volunteers to explain?

And in parting, soooo much for the heartrate thing, when ya'll
fall over don't blame me grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
More skank for the Poobah.

[Linked Image]

Paul

shoes don't match the rest of the outfit.

maybe a pair of these would be better...

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Marc...You da Man!!! grin

feel the love.......

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

Dude! You ARE a turd!....

I'm soooo proud... blush

grin
Ingwe

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by MagMarc
[Linked Image]

nice rug..

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Its fuzzy, and soft...I'll bet..... grin

Though I don't usually single out the dark eyed ones...theres exceptions to every rule.. whistle

[Linked Image]

Ingwe

Page 398 of 806 1 2 396 397 398 399 400 805 806

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.