Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
OP Offline
K
Greetings...<BR>Just joined this site and was pleased to find that horseback hunting, trekking, camping etc. is still favored by outdoorsmen other than myself. I was beginning to think the diesel engine had put ME on the endangered list! Really like this site so far..will continue to 'tine-in' whenever possible.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Kaliedescope: Glad to have you with us, I too would much rather go in on horseback. But for me that would be way to expensive, since I live in the suberb's near Ontario International Airport, in a Condo. So I have to stick with an ATV. I posted some pictures in one of the threads way down at the botom, of a horse back trip I took with my wife in Alaska a few months ago. It was just for one day. But that day was more fun for me than the Cruise we went on.<P>Phil

K
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the welcome, Phil.<BR>I looked at those pictures...looked wonderful. I fortunately live in the desert and can still keep my horses. I don't think I could ever live in a city, just against my nature. I'll keep returning to this site to see who else shares our liking for the horse.

M
M
Kaliedescope<BR>My family and I still do a lot of packing and trail riding, so you're not out there alone. We don't have any four wheelers, not that we hate them, just can't afford both. We spend most of our time in the wilderness areas of North Central Idaho. We have three mules that we ride and pack and one horse that my wife rides, haven't got her converted yet to a mule. <P>Yours truly, <P>Mule Rider

K
OP Offline
K
Mule Rider,<BR>Good to hear from another horseman. Rode mules myself gwhen I was growing up. Had a 4-W for several years but found it could not go the places my horses could and the trip by gas engine did not give me the serenity of the horseback travel and definitely did not allow for the appreciation of the flora and fauna.<BR>Ride on!<BR>

IC B2

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Glad to see you all here !<P>I do both... probably more horseback than 4w.. though I must admit the 4w is the ticket when coyote hunting/calling etc..<P>I train GSP's and field trial.. so my wife and I both ride walking horses and love it !<P>Really enjoy big game hunting on horseback..<P>--Steve

--Steve
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Hey Kaliedescope. Do you ever take your horses out to the East Mojave National Preserve ? With all the road closures, and prohitbitions on ATV's there, you should have the choice areas to yourself. E

K
OP Offline
K
Eremicus,<BR>No, never been there. Joshua Tree National Park is very restricted too. Lots of good riding around my area just staying on the public dirt roads...you can ride all the way to the Colorado river or the Mexico border from here. Also have enjoyed riding to Fort Mojave every couple of years.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Mule rider,<BR>Apparently your wife is just a whole lot smarter than you....<P>After breaking several hundred mules in my young misguided life I decided God put mules on this earth because he just naturally hated cowboys and thier sinning ways...<P>------------------<BR>Ray Atkinson<BR>atkinsonhunting.com<BR>208-326-4120

M
M
Ray<BR>Please don't tell my wife she is smarter than me, it could end a good marriage and we wouldn't won't that now would we.It sounds like you mite know a little about mules,we put on a mule training clinic every year in June here in Lewiston,we have a lot of fun doing this. If you ever won't to pass on some of your wisdom, please get ahold of me.<BR>Mule Rider

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Mule Rider: Here's one for you, found in the classifieds.<P>FOR SALE BY OWNER: Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica. All 45 volumes, excellent condition $1,000.00 or best offer. No longer needed, got married last weekend! Wife knows everything.<P>Phil

B
B
Hello All,<P>My favorite way of getting around the woods is on horseback. I own 18 head of horses right now and I love every one (I sold the $hitheads he he). Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to this site, it looks like a great place for a guy to hang his hat!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Welcome, Bear Creek. This place will keep you occupied when you get bored, or on those late night, cant sleep times. I don't live in an area where I can keep or afford horses myself. But sure love to ride when I get a chance.<P>From sunny California,<P>Phil<P>

K
OP Offline
K
Greetings Bear Creek..always good to hear from another horse advocate.

B
B
Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I cannot believe all of the New Mexicans on the horse site here..Do we all have nothing to do? I popped in to see what kind of stuff could be found. Seems to be pretty slow, but I don't know of any other sight with a horse/packing forum. I am pretty new to the game of hunting ahorseback. Lots of stuff to learn and no teacher, but we're learning (hard way of course). Glad to see some people still do it. New Mexican's...you can't believe how many 4 whlrs I've seen off road in the Gila where I thought only my horse and I could get!!!!!

Please God, give me some good tags this year....
B
B
Hello Jessie,<P>Glad to see you too!! Where do you pack into? Here is the address for a horse packing web site that myself and a couple of friends put together. Let me know what you think!<P><A HREF="http://horse" TARGET=_blank>http://horse</A> packing.tripod.com/index.html

C
C
Horses are the only way, a pox on those infernal machines! My wife and I ride around here close, and not as much as we'd like, our horses and us are a bit old! <P>------------------<BR>chloride

chloride
'
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
'
......I see you are new, Cloride....let me be one of the first to welcome you aboard!!!!!<BR>DS

'Slayer
K
OP Offline
K
Welcome Chloride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

305 members (17CalFan, 2ndwind, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,316
Posts18,526,398
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.