-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Howdy, Looks like there are lots of folks who still enjoy riding a good mount. I am fortunate to have 1 good mule and 2 horses. I find that mules are sure footed and have tougher hide, they don't skin-up as easily. I have been riding for about 38 years, and still enjoy it. The 4 wheelers have their place, and lately I find more uses for them. But if I am hunting big country, or just want to slip up on game, my mule or horse is the way for me. You folks take care, and check for cuckle-burs. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif" border="0[/img]

GOD BLESS TEXAS, HUNTER
GB1

M
M
Bear, the address you are trying to post for Jessie is <A HREF="http://horse_packing.tripod.com/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://horse_packing.tripod.com/index.html</A>

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Mule Rider. I , like you ride mules and have for about 28 years. I think the only reason to have a horse is to make a mule. I have never known a person who after riding a good mule went back to a horse. The problem with training them is usually in the person and not the mule, or people buy mature ones that haven't been treated right.<BR>I'm raising two Halflinger mules right now for a team ,saddle work, and packing. The show great promise. Currently, I'm riding aFosx trotter mule, but he is kinda light in the frame.<BR> <BR>Welcome Kaliedscope.<P>There isn't much action on this sight for horse/mule people, so a new comer is always welcome

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
J
Hey! Don't get over here very often, but I'm a horse guy from Alaska, and wanted to say "hello!" Spring is upon us and soon the busy riding season will begin around my neck of the woods.
<br>
<br>Warm regards,
<br>
<br>Jim
<br>
<br>

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't get into this forum too often, but am another horse guy. My mule experience hasn't been pleasant, but have never had/used a "good" mule. While my legs will carry me, I'd rather hunt on foot, but the horses are indespensible for packing out game. Love using them to scout with in the summer and early fall. Mine is a good quarter horse gelding who is very solid, great in the mountains, packing, working cattle and even chases the bears off the property! My wife rides a fox trotter that can be a little squirrely, but is starting to settle down with age and experience. Have an arab as a backup who has a super disposition and is rock solid. And... a sorrel grade paint gelding for sale if there are any buyers [Linked Image].
<br>
<br>Jim, I bought a couple horses for a guide in AK about 15 years ago and put on a lot of miles in the bush with them that summer -- great place! Nothing like crossing floating tundra on a horse! Of course, when they break through, dismounting has never been easier [Linked Image].

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I am also new to this site and hope to learn some stuff about hunting on mules and horses.

Truck 22,000 Dog Box 500, Shock Collars 500, Rabbit Dog 500, A Kid Shooting His First Rabbit PRICELESS!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,930
Posts18,518,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.