Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Used books; still making room for office. PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING TO YOU IN CONUS. I DON'T do Paypal; payment can be cash, PO, or personal check (if you can wait a couple of working days for it to clear). First "I'll take book #___" on this board gets the book. (Please mention the books by title when you send payment to avoid confusion on my part). Any questions or comments, please PM me; I'll answer all.

Fishing

1) "The Fisherman's World" by Charles F. Waterman. Classic overview of fishing and fishing in Amrerica including all regions, species and methods, fresh and salt water. Excellent text and profusley illustrated w/color photos of fish, fishing, and tackle. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound in exc. cond w/clear library cover. 255 pp. Has some library stickers (discarded library book) $7

2) "In Quest of Big Fish" by Henry Waszczuk and Italo Labignan. "How To" descriptions of the the two authors' worldwide search for record fish from channel cats to swordfish; 19 freshwater species and 15 saltwater. Shows in beautiful color the "where, what, and how" of trophy fishing. 171 pp. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound in new condition w/nw dust jacket. $8

3) "Norman Rockwell's American Fisherman" by Milton Garrison. A folksy description of American fishermen, fishing, and fish illustrated by classic Norman Rockwell fishing paintings and drawings. Great pictures from a byegone era. 8 1/2"x 11" hardbound 125 pp. in new/exc. cond w/very good dust jacket. $6

4)SPF "Sex, Death, and Fly Fishing" by John Gierach. Well written, witty, and informative essays on flyfishing, fishermen, and fish by the author of "Troug Bum" and "The View from Rat Lake." Covers trout, bass, and other fish that take flies (like mountain whitefish). 238 pp. paperback in exc. cond. $5

5) "A Fine and Pleasant Misery" by Patrick McManus. Humorous essays on the fun and folly of fishing and hunting by a Field and Stream and Sports Illustrated writer. You'll say "Been there, done that" many times! Paperback 209 pp in exc. cond $5

6) "The Treasury of Angling" by Larry Kohler. A classic review of American angling. Shows classic tackle and methods and the styles of the 1960s and earlier. Very profusely illustrated with color photos of fish, flies, lures, and fishing locations. Covers all popular freshwater fish. Hardbound 8 1/2"x11" 252 pp. in exc. cond w/no dust jacket. $7

Hunting

7) SPF "The Treasury of Hunting" by Larry Kohler. The classic history of American hunting from earliest times to the late '60s. Covers hunting all species/types of game. Profusely illus. w/color photos and plates of hunters, game, and hunting country. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound 251 pp. in exc. cond w/slightly torn dust jacket. $7

8) SPF "Game Birds" by Charles Coles. The 27 main game birds worldwide described and their life histories detailed, each accompanied by a full-page full-color reporduction of a painting by Mauricse Pledger of the birds in nature. A beautiful book with a foreword by HRH Prince Phillip. 8 1/2"x14" oversized hardbound 117 pp. in exc. cond w/price cut off the fly leaf and very good dust jacket. $9

9) "Beagles" by Beverly Pisano. How to select and raise a beagle with 195 full-color photos and drawings of how-to topics. It will make you want a beagle. Hardbound 223 pp. in exc. cond w/no dust jacket. $5

Outdoor books and adventure

10) SPF "Prospecting for Gold from Dogtown to Virginia City 1852-64" by Granville Stuart. Memoir of an Iowa man who came West for gold and found some! The Syskiyou Mtns. gold rush, the Mad River War and other forgotten Indian "wars" and the founding of the Montana Territory. Paperback U. Nebraska Press 272 pp.. in exc. cond. $4

11) SPF "Trails West" by Nat. Geographic Society. A picture-plus-text book that tells the history of the six main "trails West"; Santa Fe, Oregon, Mormon, California, Gila, and Bozeman. Classic illus. of trail life from contemporary magazines plus many color photos of how the trails look now. Oversized hardbound 207 pp in exc. cond w/dust jacket $6

12) SPF "Ghost Towns of the West" by Lambert Florin. Descriptions, anecdotes, and history of 280 ghost towns in AK, BC, the Yukon, AZ,CA, CO, UT, MT, ID, WY, NV, NM, TX, OR, and WA arranged by state. A huge book filled with lore and b/w pix of the towns (many still exist). 8 1/2"x11 hardbound in exc. cond w/dust jacket. $9 (very heavy to ship).

13) SPF "Blackfeet and Buffalo: Memoirs of Life Among the Indians" by James Willard Schultz ("Apikuni"). The stories of a "white Indian" and popular Western writer of the late 19th and early 20th centuries who lived among the Blackfeet during the end of their free days on the prairies. Hunting, tribal warfare, camp life, and Blackfeet customs and religion. U.Oklahoma Press hardbound 398 pp. in exc. cond. w/no dust jacket. Illus w/b/w photos. $6

14) "The Trouser People: A Story of Burma in the Shadow of an Empire" by Andrew Marshall. Partly a history of how Burma became British; the story of the British explorer/imperialist Sir George Scott's conquest of Burma. But also a travel book that documents the nature of the present criminal "Myanmar" regime. Hardbound 315 pp. in exc./new cond w/exc. dust jacket. Illus w/many maps and b/w photos. $6

15) "Only in America: Ft. Lauderdale to NY to Chicago to New Orleans in a 17' Boat" by John Mirrasou. The ultimate "roadless" road trip. 3 friends tour the continent in a Boston Whaler. By the producer of the old Budweiser Fishing Team TV series. Details "all the stops along the way" w/b/w photos of important features. Oversized paperback 347 pp. in new cond. $5

Misc.

16) SPF "The Beer Lover's Companion: A Guide to Producing, Brewing, Tasting, Rating, and Drinking Around the World" by Josh Leventhal. History and techniques of brewing, beer styles, matching beer with food, and a survey of 400+ beers of the world with profiles of each including recommendations, color pictures. Full-color pocket-sized hardbound 195 pp. new cond. w/no dust jacket. Become an instant "beer snob"! $7

17) "The Boatbuilding Manual, 4th ed." by Robert M. Steward. THE classic manual of wood and fiberglass do-it-yourself boat building. Covers all the details with detailed plans and diagrams of each feature of construction, maintenance and repair. All you need is a boat plan and a budget.... Oversized harbound 385 pp in new cond. w/new dust jacket. $7

18) "The Hemmings Book of Nashes" by Hemmings Motor News. A collection of modern road tests of classic Nash cars from 1929 to 1957. 15 cars tested and evaluated plus many lists of comparative data with their vintage competitors, faxtory prices, and production info. 8 1/2"x11" softbound 120 pp. in new cond. $5

WWII

19) SPF "Ghost Soldiers" by Hampton Sides. Best-selling account of the rescue of US POWs from the Japanese in 1945 in the Phillipines by a company of the 6th Ranger Battalion and Phillipino guerillas. Maps and historic b/w photos. Hardbound 345 pp. in exc. cond. w/exc. dust jacket. $6

20) SPF "War in the Air" by Steven Coonts. 26 of the 20th century's most dramatic air battles as told by the pilots who fought them. Most are from WWII aces but some from WWI and Vietnam. Edited by a Vietnam vet who is the best-selling author of military air power novels. Hardbound 351 pp. in exc. cond. w/exc. dust jacket. $6

21) SPF "The Carrier War" by Clark Reynolds. Time-Life's heavily illustrated history of the carrier battles in WWII. A complete history of carriers plus many historical b/w photos, color illustrations/profiles of main carrier aircraft, maps of Coral Sea, Midway battles, etc. 8 1/2"x11" hardbound 176 pp. in new/exc.cond w/no dust jacket $7

22) SPF "The Mammoth Book of the Third Reich at War" ed. Michael Meranov. Complete history of the development of Hitler's war machine and the various fronts and campaigns of WWII, air, sea, and land. An excellent overview all in one book. Paperbound 622 pp. in exc. cond. $5

23) "River Kwai Railway: The Story of the Burma-Siam Railroad" by Clifford Kinvig. British Army historian's complete study of the Japanese "death railroad." 266 pp. oversized paperback illus. with maps and b/w repros of drawings and paintings by the POWs who built the railroad. Exc. cond. $6

Vietnam

24) "Steel My Soldiers' Hearts" by Colonel David M. Hackworth. "The hopeless-to-hardcore transformation of the 4th Battalion 39th Infantry in Vietnam." Hackworth was ordered to the Mekong Delta in 1969 to transform the "worst battalion in the Army" and he did. Paperbound 459 pp. in exc. cond. w/maps and b/w photos from the field. $5

"New Wars"

25) "Air Combat" by Time Life. A "New Face of War" book hat outlines the development of preent-day air-to-air tactics from the history of anti-MIG tactics in Vietnam to present day. Many historic photos and color diagrams showing aircarft and air tacts in detail. 8 1/2" x 11 hardbound 174 pp. in exc. cond w/no dust jacket. $7

26) "Back in Action" by Cpt. David Rozelle. Memoir of the first combat casualty amputee returned to combat duty in Iraq. Details of invasion fighting by 3 AC, and rehabilitation. Hardbound 229 pp. in exc. cond w/dust jacket. $5

27) "Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army" by Jeremy Scahill. Best-sellin/prize winning history of Blackwater up to 2008. Details of operations worldwide. Author is NOT a fan of "military privatization". Paperback 560 pp. in exc. cond. $6

28) "Born to Fly" by Shane Osborne. Memoir of the pilot of the EP3 spy plane that was forced down by Chinese fighters on Hainan. Osborne recieved the DFC for his actions in saving the 24-man crew and his aircraft. Hardbound 265 pp. in new cond. w/b/w photos and sust jacket $5

29) "From Baghdad With Love" by Lt. Jay Kopelman. Story of a Marine officer who adopts a stray dog in Falluja and manages to get the mascot home to the US. Papeback best seller in new cond. 206 pp. $4

30) "Into the Storm: A Study in Command" by Tom Clancy. Nonfiction study of the career of Gen. Fred Franks, a Vietnam vet who served with a prosthetic leg, becoming one of the field commanders of the First Gulf War. Includes detailed study of Desert Storm. Illus. w/many maps and b/w photos. Hardbound 563 pp. in new cond. w/dust jacket. $6

Thanks for reading my long posting!

Mike Armstrong

Last edited by Mike Armstrong; 04/11/10.
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I'll take book #8 (eight)--"game birds"

IM me w/ your info--thanks. CF

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
book #8 SPF to Checkfire. Thanks!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'll take #4 and #12.

Also #16 if available.

Last edited by Mac7; 04/11/10.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I'll take #22

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I will take 7

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
#s 4,12, 16 SPF to MAC7
#22 SPF to Warpig602
#7 SPF to Shouldershot

Thanks, guys!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi Mike, I'll take Blackfeet and Buffalo. Thanks, Paul

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Hi Mike
I will take 11,19 & 21 if available.
Thanks
FG

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hi Mike, I'll take Blackfeet and Buffalo. #13 Thanks, Paul

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
#13 SPF to Bigdogfla

#s 11,19, and 21 SPF to fgold767

Thanks, Guys!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I'll take War in the Air (#20).

Logger

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
#20 SPF to logger

Thanks!

D
D
I'll take #10 if still available. "Prospecting for Gold from Dogtown to Virginia City 1852-64"

Thanks!

Dave

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
#10 SPF to Davit

Thanks!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
PM coming on #9

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37, verse 4.

"The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt." Proverbs 12:27
D
D
Mike,

I PM'd you with a mailing address request.

Thanks!

Dave

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Dave, sent my address via PM this morning. Thanks!

Mike Armstrong

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
BTT

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Mike--MO for Book#8 sent Mon. am, oughta arrive next day or so--
Thanks, CF

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,467
Posts18,529,234
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.