-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Someone, anyone, that is/ went to Tulsa... what did you see?? Anything moving? Pics?? DETAILS ppl!!!! I need to live through your descriptions!

Andrew
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No pictures allowed, ya know.

99's everywhere... was just ridiculous.

Course, most of them were badly messed with or WAY overpriced.

Found Rick, Ralph, the Koch's, Fug, met Oldman303..

FUG had a beautiful display of engraved rifles, 4 22HP's, a 30-30 and a 303. Had other very cool stuff also - book on the Newton Rifle Company, the flyer from Allan Mabe's collection, etc. Could have happily spent the whole day just perusing what he brought.

Saw a 1915 in 380 for $500, but fortunately I ran into it while a couple of our resident pistol gurus were looking at it and they found that the magazine wasn't right and the bore was pitted. Was still highly tempted...

Not too many things that were bargains, though that 1899A with the name LOLA spelled out with brass tacks was sure tempting (NOT!). grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
that stands for laugh out loud azzhohe grin grin
belonged to oldman1942 grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by norm99
that stands for laugh out loud azzhohe grin grin
belonged to oldman1942 grin

Actually, I was thinking of oldman1942 right afterwards because of this song going through my head..

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Rory... was there many engraved guns there other than Fugs?

Andrew
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
No pictures allowed, ya know.

99's everywhere... was just ridiculous.

Course, most of them were badly messed with or WAY overpriced.

Found Rick, Ralph, the Koch's, Fug, met Oldman303..

FUG had a beautiful display of engraved rifles, 4 22HP's, a 30-30 and a 303. Had other very cool stuff also - book on the Newton Rifle Company, the flyer from Allan Mabe's collection, etc. Could have happily spent the whole day just perusing what he brought.

Saw a 1915 in 380 for $500, but fortunately I ran into it while a couple of our resident pistol gurus were looking at it and they found that the magazine wasn't right and the bore was pitted. Was still highly tempted...

Not too many things that were bargains, though that 1899A with the name LOLA spelled out with brass tacks was sure tempting (NOT!). grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE80W5xYbTI&feature=related

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Drew, one that was Leader grade or close to it, but had been mucked with. Buttplate replaced, metal plate with presentation information engraved added to top, and Ralph said the forearm/buttstock didn't match though I didn't notice that. Otherwise no factory engraved ones that I recall, but I only managed about 2/3rds of the floor on one quick pass.

Was one other with monogrammed engraving, but no letter with it.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
For the pistol collectors:
There were mayber two dozen pistols - the majority in two groups of about 5-6. Nice variety of condition and prices. There were at least 3 M1915s (one .380 as mentioned). The star of the show was the boxed M1917 that is currently listed on Gunbroker - it is pristine - not even a hint of box wear.

Saw Rory but never saw Rick or the others (I've never found a pistol looking at people's faces...).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw probably half of those pistols, 2 of the 1915's.. too many folks crowding around some of the pistol vendors to slow down and check.

If I do Tulsa again, it's going to be overnight and a full day. 12 hours of driving with 6 hours of browsing makes for a LONG day and frustration that I didn't get around to the whole floor. I think I could have found more ammo deals, at the least.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Met and can now put a face with Fug, Rick and Calhoun. Everything pretty mutch as reported above. To mutch to look at in the time allowed. Saw a couple of 95's that had seen a lot of use. One was pretty straight but the wood had been sanded a bit to mutch and was short on bluing. Was priced at $1295. Fug's display was exceptional, Tulsa show is only time you see his quality of merchandise in this area.

Only thing I came home with was sore legs from walking on concrete for eight hours. Also a enhanced severe case of would like to have a decent 95 but heck who wouldn't. whistle Oldtimer303 (not Oldman) wink GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll add to the list (typed this last night but laptop ran out of juice before it posted): George Adams, Bill McNally, ChrisD, GeneB, John Allen...probably others that are slipping my mind.

...my feet still hurt!

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone see any exceptional 22's?

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve; There were a few Savage 22's there but it seemed the prices were always higher than their condition warranted. There was a real nice 29-A with round barrel and checkered wood that was reasonable but I already have one like it. I did pick up an early 29 without checkered wood and an unmarked Febiger pump (not the semi-auto even though it has the interupter trigger); but it needs a locking lug - it has a home-made brass one right now that might function for one or two shots before it got to deformed! I looked at it and then asked if they had the magazine - when I saw it was correct I bought it - the magazine makes up over 50% of the value.
I finally took the time this trip to stop at the J.M. Davis Arms & Historical Museum in Claremore (just east of Tulsa). It's only a $5 suggested donation (admission is free)and has a lot of very interesting displays. The Museum was built to display the personal collection of J.M. Davis that consisted of over 35,000 firearms. J. M. Davis Museum
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I drove past that place on my way to my hog hunt in TX and wished I would have had the time to stop... any neat Savages at the Davis Museum?

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gene,

Never noticed before but that rear sight on the Febiger is a Savage 25 rear. Nice condition too.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve, The rear sight is almost identicle to the Savage but not exactly the same, even having them next to one another it's hard to see the slight differences.

Drew, There were a lot of Savages on display but having just come from Fug's table a Tulsa their displays looked rather average! They had a lot of 22's, bolt actions and pumps, and pistols, including a 45. There were some errors in their descriptions but I think with a collection of 35,000 of which about 20,000 are on display it's just to much to manage. They had one Febiger pump but it was in with the Savages labeled as a 1909, still it's an amazing collection and well worth the free admission (I did donate $5).

Gene

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (10Glocks, 6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 673, 9 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,511
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.