Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Rich Franklin going to step in against Chuck Liddell at UFC 115?

Franklin-Liddell is official: Are you okay with Chuck, Tito and Dana fibbing?

Anybody know what happend and why Tito bailed?

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Tito has always been a PU**y if there was any chance of him losing. When the official news comes out I am sure it will be something Tito did, not Liddel. I am curious not to find out what happened...does not sound like an injury...did he punch one of the contestants? Watch and see, I guess.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I heard that Tito had a family emergency and had to leave the show, don't know how true that is.

I don't know if i would be calling Tito a Pu**y, Awapiti. A guy that is former light heavy weight champion, has beaten several top fighters, and still training isn't one in my book. He is controversial, but he has done a lot to promote the sport. I guess your just a lot tougher.

Hemi

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Ok, he is a loudmouth, douche bag panzy.....

Last edited by achildofthesky; 04/13/10.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Tito dodged fighting Chuck for years, even leaving the UFC in the process. When he couldn't dodge the fight any more and finally did get in the ring with Chuck, Chuck beat him like a rented mule. Can't imagine Tito was too keen on having that happen again.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jds44
Tito dodged fighting Chuck for years, even leaving the UFC in the process. When he couldn't dodge the fight any more and finally did get in the ring with Chuck, Chuck beat him like a rented mule. Can't imagine Tito was too keen on having that happen again.

Actually they have fought twice and Chuck won both times. I think Tito was pretty hyped up for the re-match, just Chuck is THE MAN. I'll say Tito does not look that good anymore, especially in the Forrest rematch, but I don't think you can take much away from him as a fighter as he has accomplished a lot.

Hemi

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Tito's best days are long behind him as are Chucks. They both helped the sport a ton and should be respected for that. Personally, I hate when Tito fight and always root against him BUT after watching him on TUF he is a hell of a coach. I'll give him that.

----------
Hunting is my religion
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tito knows a ton about fighting, he's a great coach and he fought well in is day. He's definately past his prime though. Besides is it possible for a guy to ever live something like this down.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by AKBoater; 04/13/10.

Deal with it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supposedly Tito got injured pretty badly during the course of filming the season and required emergency surgery.Rich Franklin was brought in to finish filming season,and that's why Chuck is fighting him now.

Chuck and Tito will still fight,assuming Chuck doesn't get horrendously embarrased by Rich Franklin and is forced to retire.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Couture-Tito is the one fight that never fails to make me smile.I still pop that DVD in whenever I'm having a bad day.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll be interested in seeing how he could have gotten hurt. Did he fall off a motorcycle or get hurt "in" the show?

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Supposedly hurt "in" the show.Training accident.Pretty common for Tito actually-all his injuries (of which there are many) have come in training.He trains hard,and chit happens.One of his most major injuries came from training with Matt Hamil,the deaf fighter he trained on the third season of Ultimate Fighter.

Word on the street is this current injury has something to do with his neck.

Brian.

Soulfly Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Supposedly Tito got injured pretty badly during the course of filming the season and required emergency surgery.Rich Franklin was brought in to finish filming season,and that's why Chuck is fighting him now.

Chuck and Tito will still fight,assuming Chuck doesn't get horrendously embarrased by Rich Franklin and is forced to retire.

Brian.

Ahhh, thanks Bandit, somehow I knew if I posted this you would have the answer. And I agree, Chuck will get embarrased by Franklin but he wont retire, he and Tito will be forced to fight Kimbo.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And they will both beat the ever loving dog crap out of Kimbo.I don't care how faded Tito is,he still takes down Kimbo and pounds him out in the first round.

Brian.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wouldn't pretty much anybody whos been a top fighter in the ufc beat kimbo? Even the old farts like ken Shamrock and Dan Severns could probably still whoop kimbo pretty good.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like it will show why tomorrow on TUF 11.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Wouldn't pretty much anybody whos been a top fighter in the ufc beat kimbo? Even the old farts like ken Shamrock and Dan Severns could probably still whoop kimbo pretty good.

Shamrock?Maybe,maybe not.Ken is so shop worn that it's not even funny anymore.This man got KO'ed with a jab by Robert Berry,a fighter who is worse than Kimbo in every way,shape and form.

But yes,Dan Severn would take down and tap Kimbo is extremely fast fashion.Severn is still picking up wins on a regular basis well into his 50's,because the man knows what butter's his bread.He goes in,takes guys down,and submits them.Can't see Kimbo stopping that.Dan still hasn't been KO'ed in a career spanning 115 fights,and has only been stopped on strikes once,by Pedro Rizzo,and that was due to absolutley brutal leg kicks,something Kimbo doesn't posses.So yes,I'd pick Severn over Kimbo.

I'd pick just about any quality light heavyweight or heavyweight UFC fighter over Kimbo.Frankily,if Houston Alexander would have actually engaged Kimbo instead of just circling him for 15 minutes,he would have won.He damn near crippled Kimbo with the handful of leg kicks he landed on him.And Houston is hot garbage as a fighter,to be brutally honest.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stemshot
Looks like it will show why tomorrow on TUF 11.

Wouldn't suprise me.

Brian.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 63 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,269
Posts18,486,588
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.