-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 375 of 1,842 1 2 373 374 375 376 377 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wishing you the best of luck Tom. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Decided to start a new project yesterday. I got about 4 boxes of license plates that I was going to make purses out of but baby moons are expensive for what I would get out of it. So this is what I started.

[Linked Image]

Gives me something to do. smile

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Those are awesome!! I don't get the baby moon comment though. You need some baby moons for the golf cart?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was going to make purses out of rounded license plates and the ends are baby moons. I would use the ones from the golf cart but they are too big. I would need the ones that are 6" wide

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
hmm.. I suppose I might have some actual factory moonish caps around my place, probably a pair of ford ones grin

And probably some old plates to go with them but it'd have to be for a purse you was gonna keep grin

Because I know how much your dad would love seeing you tote that ford hub cap purse around laugh

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I need 6" across baby moons for these purses. I ordered this purse but they would be so easy to make. If I could find a good deal on the baby moons.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OMG, that would be so cool! Yeah I'm sure dad would have something to say. grin

Although (I shouldn't even tell you this) he did tell me that he liked the Ford Sport Track that I had. I actually wish I still had it. It was a pretty cool rig. frown

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
E-mail sent with a baby moon internet link.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I actually might have a set that say chevrolet too. I'll have a look see.

Something clever here.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Muffy
Decided to start a new project yesterday. I got about 4 boxes of license plates that I was going to make purses out of but baby moons are expensive for what I would get out of it. So this is what I started.

[Linked Image]

Gives me something to do. smile

That is an awesome idea! Bird flies in, sharpened and honed edges around the hole shave the feathers and wings off, grab handle to set it on the fire and PRESTO you got a meal!

Now we just need to find some REALLY big license plates that can shave the hide off a timber goat! wink

grin

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Pretty cool project Muffy. Back in the day Moon Caps were the in thing.

Just heard from my SIL. He shot his turkey today around noon.
He didn't think it went 20 pounds, but it has a 12 inch beard and 1 1/2 inch spurs.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Cool!!

Well I did some long past due work on browny the 77 F150 tonight.

It's really needed a carb kit for the 5 or more years that I've owned it and I finally decided to do it. Also over the weekend I was timing the truck & I found myself under the front of the truck looking for the timing marks on the harmonic balancer.

While I was under the truck I noticed the fuel pump was leaking (oh joy)

So, tonight I put a new fuel pump in rebuilt the carb.

I have it all together now & wow, what a nice runner, just super smooth & perfect. I'm pretty happy with it & so is weezy since she's the one that drives it.

I have a whole new level of interest in my old brown pickup grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow what a day. Cleaned MNP's house for 3 hours, worked with Jeremy's mom cleaning flowerbeds for 4 hours. Then when I was done with that I went to clean our buddies laundry mat for 2 hours. Then we had to have some beers afterwards. Wasn't that much work, it was just the running from here to there.

So how did it go Tom. We all want to know.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I sent him a txt last night asking the same question. No answer yet, I sure hope it went well.

Miss, I can't find any small baby moon style caps around here I looked last night. I guess all I have is some 54 chev dog dish style center caps.

Something clever here.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sorry Bman, but I GOT MY SWEATSHIRT yesterday!!! I was a kid in a candy store with it too. Put it on immediately and wore it all night. Its a tad on the big side but maybe after a washing it will probably fit ND really well. I like big sweatshirts so however it ends up is just fine with me. I may have to order another one... grin

Tzone, you'd better hop on the camp soon and fill us all in on how it went yesterday. We are waiting!!

"I'm not crying!!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone, whats the good word man? Hope all is well, and everything went great!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Hey guys.

I think it went OK, The first interview was cool. It is a HUGE testing lab for all sorts of different stuff. The area I would work in is the construction lab. They didn't ask many questions, but they gave me a tour of the lab, so I took that as a good sign.

The second interview went well in the interview part, but I had to take a "skills test". You just never know how that stuff goes. I think I did OK. It was more of a test to see what you would do in certain situations. I think they wanted to see what you'd do more than the actual answer.

I"m starting to see why it is hard to get a job there. Litteraly 100's of applicants for an open position. Makes it tough competition right now.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I sent him a txt last night asking the same question. No answer yet, I sure hope it went well.

Miss, I can't find any small baby moon style caps around here I looked last night. I guess all I have is some 54 chev dog dish style center caps.

Sorry I missed you txt last night man. What time was that? I was whipped anyway. Left the house at 430am and didn't get back until 930pm. Long day.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Pretty cool project Muffy. Back in the day Moon Caps were the in thing.

Just heard from my SIL. He shot his turkey today around noon.
He didn't think it went 20 pounds, but it has a 12 inch beard and 1 1/2 inch spurs.

Here is what I did with the kids last weekend...We couldn't shoot em though, no tag.

Princess working her mojo on the turkeys
[Linked Image]

"the dance" she calls it
[Linked Image]

Mr. Tom working his Mojo back at her.
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dang nice pics, I do have a issue with them thunder chickens, nothing like going on a bow deer hunt and get all set up when one of them lets loose right above ya.

My best bird was right after I got back from the first sandbox go around, 22.5 lb 13 1/4" beard and 1 3/8" spurs, had it all mounted up nice til my boys took it apart when they were young.

Page 375 of 1,842 1 2 373 374 375 376 377 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 54 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.