-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tim I would disagree with you on that. I support the movement.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I THINK A THIRD PARTY IS WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS. I'M TIRED OF THE POLITICAL BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES.NIETHER PARTY TRULY REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM IN OFFICE WE,, AS GUN OWNERS ARE BASICLY FORCED TO VOTE FOR REPUBLICANS BECAUSE THEY PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS, BUT IF YOU THINK THAT THEY REPRESENT THE MIDDLE CLASS WORKING MAN, YOU ARE SADDLY MISTAKEN.I CHALLENG ANYONE ON THIS FORUM TO NAME ONE PIECE OF LEGISLATION PROPOSED OR PASSED BY THE REPUBLICANS THAT WAS DESINGED TO BENEFIT THE WORKING MAN.I KNOW THAT MAKES ME SOUND LIKE A LIBERAL, BUT THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH.IT'S NOT THE REPLUBICANS OR THE DEMOCRATS, IT'S THE GOVERNMENT. OUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN AND WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
tax cuts

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lv2hunt
I THINK A THIRD PARTY IS WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS. I'M TIRED OF THE POLITICAL BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES.NIETHER PARTY TRULY REPRESENTS THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THEM IN OFFICE WE,, AS GUN OWNERS ARE BASICLY FORCED TO VOTE FOR REPUBLICANS BECAUSE THEY PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS, BUT IF YOU THINK THAT THEY REPRESENT THE MIDDLE CLASS WORKING MAN, YOU ARE SADDLY MISTAKEN.I CHALLENG ANYONE ON THIS FORUM TO NAME ONE PIECE OF LEGISLATION PROPOSED OR PASSED BY THE REPUBLICANS THAT WAS DESINGED TO BENEFIT THE WORKING MAN.I KNOW THAT MAKES ME SOUND LIKE A LIBERAL, BUT THAT IS FAR FROM THE TRUTH.IT'S NOT THE REPLUBICANS OR THE DEMOCRATS, IT'S THE GOVERNMENT. OUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN AND WE THE PEOPLE NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM

First of all quit shouting (using all caps). Secondly a third party just dilutes the vote and will never amount to anything more. What we need is a back to the roots conservative Republican party and candidate.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You must forgive Elkhunter,

He got confused and showed up at his first tea party wearing this. Needless to say, they ridiculed the poor chap and now he hates them. wink grin

[Linked Image]

I think the movement is serving notice that many conservative Americans are fed up with liberal politics. I applaud their enthusiasm and hope the Republican Party leadership is getting the message, loud and clear.

However, I can think of no better way to insure that Barry will be with us for another 4 yrs. if they choose to run a Presidential candidate in 2012 and end up splitting the conservative vote.

This would not be good IMO.

JM

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
this is sort of a gimme
You have to wonder who said no.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Something has to be done, to allow things to continue in the direction they are going now is madness.
The 'tea party' movement is at least stirring things up.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I voted NO. I'm a contrarian. smile

Actually, it's much ado about nothing.

some folks are SO predictable. Polls show that 25+% of the electorate 'identify' with the Tea Party ideas.

Hardly 'much ado about nothing', but your decision DOES tell a lot about you.

Sam......

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I AGREE THAT SPLITTING THE REPUBLICAN VOTE IS BAD FOR ALL OF US. BUT THE POINT I'M TRING TO MAKE IS THAT OUR GOVERNMENT IS BROKEN.AND YES I'M SHOUTING. PEOPLE { DEMS. AND REPUBLICANS }BETTER WAKE THE HEL UP.

Last edited by lv2hunt; 04/14/10.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am ashamed to say I voted for McCain. I had no problem with him until McCain-Lieberman came out. But I was turning a blind eye towards amnesty. I am serving notice right now, I WILL vote Tea Party if they field a good candidate and the Republicans again field a McCain-like jackasss.

Cross, I can't believe that you'll vote Republican either if they field an amnesty assclown like McCain. If this is the case, it won't be me or the others splitting the conservative vote. It will be folks like Stan who will vote Republican even if the candidate is a Hampshire Hog in a frock coat and Abe Lincoln hat.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DWmontana
Something has to be done, to allow things to continue in the direction they are going now is madness.
The 'tea party' movement is at least stirring things up.
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cole,

If the Repubs don't put forward a strong candidate and If I think the Tea Party has put up a solid candidate that has a better chance of winning, He'll get my vote too.

JM

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I don't think the American people will ever elect a third party canidate. Democrat or Republican. Thats all people know.

PREPARE WELL. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL. I FEAR IT WILL GET UGLY.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
I am ashamed to say I voted for McCain. I had no problem with him until McCain-Lieberman came out. But I was turning a blind eye towards amnesty. I am serving notice right now, I WILL vote Tea Party if they field a good candidate and the Republicans again field a McCain-like jackasss.

Cross, I can't believe that you'll vote Republican either if they field an amnesty assclown like McCain. If this is the case, it won't be me or the others splitting the conservative vote. It will be folks like Stan who will vote Republican even if the candidate is a Hampshire Hog in a frock coat and Abe Lincoln hat.

America stand by! An RPeeer has served notice!!!

LMAO!!!

All American

All the time
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I support them. If we don't get our country back, it's over.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Proudly so here as well! I make all the rally's here as well...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Really? Six percent in the "no" category?

Someone check and see how many times Jeff O was allowed to vote...

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure there is a plus/minus 2% margin of error for those playing tricks. grin

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by lv2hunt
I don't think the American people will ever elect a third party canidate. Democrat or Republican. Thats all people know.

PREPARE WELL. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN WELL. I FEAR IT WILL GET UGLY.
No Republican had ever won the presidency until Abe Lincoln did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok, this is where I need to whore myself out. I don't believe in self advertising on somebody else website, unless I have their permission. This thread though has drawn me out....

The thing I like about the Tea Party is that it EXPOSES RINO's. It's an attempt to get back to our roots. It also exposes the failure of the liberal ideology. This makes them a threat to both parties, and a threat to the status quo in DC.

I do see both sides of the argument on the ramifications of splitting the Republican party vs the hunger for another option. Both sides have very strong, solid points. Enough so, that I really haven't decided where I fall in the debate as of yet. I DO however, support the Tea Party movement. It's a breath of fresh air that this country has needed for quite some time. If I weren't stuck in Afghanistan right now, I'd probably be attending local events back home for sure.

The thing that needs to happen in DC is that politicians, on both sides of the aisle, need to be called to a sense of accountability. They need to be exposed for the backroom deals, the pay offs, the lies, the wicked intent of their ideologies etc.... They need to be held to the same standards that you and I are, no, I take that back, they need to be held to a higher standard IMHO. They are supposed to be "leaders". Who wants to follow a leader with less integrity than yourself!?

This is why I created my website, which at this time has no traffic. I named it Hug A Jackass because Hug a Democrat was already taken, and the potential to expose both parties was much higher. A jackass is a jackass no matter which party they are in.

The idea came to me during the Presidential Elections when my 8yr son at the time came home from (public) school and said he hopes Obama wins because it would be the first black man as President, and that was important. My son understands what I mean when I talk about Character. A mans value is entirely in his Character. I explained to my son that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, was a great man indeed. I also shared with him about the "I have a Dream Speach". I explained that Dr. Kings dream was that one day his kids would be judged on the content of their CHARACTER and not on the color of their skin. He then understood that electing a President because of his color and not because of his character was racist. We then made a bumpersticker of Dr. King leaning over a pulpit pointing out and it said "Character! I said CHARACTER!".

I realized that Americans on large were uninterested in Politics mostly because they were fed up with how the game is played. They were fed up with the scum of society running our Country. So, they have given up, and now vote for the latest fad instead of substance. I wanted to engage America and give people a renewed interest in Politics. To give them a roll to play, that doesn't get them riled up and pissed off, but yet gives them a chance to have some fun and expose those in office who just frustrate them.

If this is you, then feel free to stop by http://hugajackass.com and participate.

I don't have a lot going on there now, because it's just me really. If you have idea's on how to make it better, more effective, or anything really I'm all ears.

Rick, I'm sorry for the self bump here, if you like, I will respect your page here and delete it, I just see that my fellow campfire-er-er-ers are like most Americans and just want to scream about DC. I figure this will give them another place to vent.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (1_deuce, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 65 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,689
Posts18,513,578
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.