Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sunday, someone burgled my daughter and SIL's house while they were at church. Got her computer, camera, tax returns, kids library cards, and all their house keys. Last night, they came back to try the house keys. That was futile, because by Monday morning SIL had all the locks re-keyed. Still, both of the back door latches were pitifully flimsy.

SIL has been working like a dog the past few weeks, with no time to do more than eat, work, and sleep.

So I took off work this afternoon and installed new heavy duty deadbolts on both back doors, picked up a small safe at Harbor Freight, and installed my wife's .38 in the safe.

For oh.... how many years?...I have been encouraging her to get her concealed carry permit. She now realizes that she was defenseless, and she accepted cash enough to cover a concealed carry class.

Apparently the same burglary team has hit three other nearby homes. The police have a physical description of the burglars and their car, and there is evidence that they are meth heads. I suppose that they will quickly end up in jail... unless some homeowner solves the problem first. Burglary is a dangerous profession in this state.

Be not weary in well doing.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, the fact they came back would convince even a liberal to rethink a CCW.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Would be good to see the problem taken care of. Glad your family was not harmed.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Its crazy that they came back. They wont be healthy and on the loose for too long while operating like that. I am glad your family was not home at the time!

D
denton Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have not seen the momma bear side of my daughter quite so strongly before. It is very sweet. smile

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Would be good to see the problem taken care of. Glad your family was not harmed.

yeah, I am glad your family was not harmed...
and hope that they will not be harmed in the future..

and also hope these methhead break into some old grandpa's house, who they don't suspect in being their, but he is hiding with his 12 gauge.. and uses it..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep!

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Glad everybody is safe Denton.

Why would anybody need a CCW for a gun in the home? Or to carry in the vehicle when they get out of the car in the driveway?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Glad an important life lesson was learned with no one injured.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
SO glade all are safe. I don't know what state your in but here in Oregon ccw is not needed for home defence. I hope these low life scummes walk into the home of a combat vet and learn thier last lesson.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big_Papa
SO glade all are safe. I don't know what state your in but here in Oregon ccw is not needed for home defence. I hope these low life scummes walk into the home of a combat vet and learn thier last lesson.

yeah, but the down side is if you waste a criminal in your home, who was still attempting to rob or even harm your family, the state will still charge you with man slaughter at a minimum, and can charge you with murder..

our Potland liberals still are more in favor of the rights of the criminals than they are in the rights of the citizen..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Seafire

yeah, but the down side is if you waste a criminal in your home, who was still attempting to rob or even harm your family, the state will still charge you with man slaughter at a minimum, and can charge you with murder..

our Potland liberals still are more in favor of the rights of the criminals than they are in the rights of the citizen..

And I thought we had it bad here in Calif... At least here we can still use deadly force in our own homes in legitimate self defense. It boggles the mind that Oregon won't allow that.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Glad to hear your daugher and SIL were not hurt.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

And I thought we had it bad here in Calif... At least here we can still use deadly force in our own homes in legitimate self defense. It boggles the mind that Oregon won't allow that.
We can't here in TAX HELL WISCONSIN either, for the most part.. A 'castle doctrine' bill has been introduced but not acted upon yet, as far as I can determine.. I.e., we still 'allegedly' have a 'duty to retreat' before lethal force can be used..

Nice huh? Maybe I'm lucky.. The cops in my area have basically told me not to worry about that particular little item.. I just hope I don't have to find out for sure, the hard way..

Glad to hear your relatives are ok, Denton.. I wish them the best..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I'm glad your daughter and family are safe.

The legal issues with home defense are worrisome. Iowa has no castle law, and I have read that state law does not require a homeowner's insurance company to pay for legal defense in the event of a lawsuit over a self-defense shooting.

I understand that the legislature recently passed an improved CCW law, but my first priority would be a decent castle law. Better yet, both. A person should not have to risk prison or financial ruin for exercising a basic right of self defense against someone who has decided to be a predator.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul, very well stated. That concise statement needs to be put to our legislators. Best, John

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surely glad your girl and SIL were not harmed.
I don't know Utah law so no comment but am equally glad to know the ladies are thinking a bit more rationally about guns in the house.

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

Well you come north of Hilt CA, you will find that liberals in both Washington and Oregon are busy trying to 'out liberal' CA ( or more correctly, the Bay Area and LA.. where most of these transplants seem to come from...)

Of course these dumb laws like this, is why I think that we seem to get reports in the police section of the local paper, that a 'decayed body was found' off the side of some forest service road in the middle of nowhere....

our county has a whole lot of 'out in the middle of nowhere'...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Man, the fact they came back would convince even a liberal to rethink a CCW.

It isn't rare for them to come back... just a little soon. Normally they'll wait until they think you've replaced the items that were stolen. (Hint, don't leave the boxes from the new items visable in the trash wink )

Denton good to hear everyone is safe and they saw the light. Took a situation to convince my wife guns are good.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by denton
...library cards...

Ah, White Crime.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

246 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 257 roberts, 300jimmy, 35, 26 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,113
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.