Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

HTG in Sand Camo. I dropped the 5r in it with the Williams bottom metal and it all fit perfectly! Ready to hit the sandy fields in West Texas now!!!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
GB1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Looks like that will work.

Nice

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice,what caliber?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
5r on a short action is likely a 308.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Correct. Standard .308 5r. I know it's not custom, but the McMillan stocks usually get shown off in this forum.

If it ever stops raining, I'll try it out on some steel plates at various ranges.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What was your wait time? Got a couple I can't wait to receive, but I'm only about a month in on them...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's as custom as my restocked LVSF. grin

Got any cartridges rolled for it yet?

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Looks good!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
No offense to you sir, but McMillan camo always looks like some 1st grader hand painted it.

I won't drink the swirled Kool-Aid
.....well, maybe, if it looks like wood
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Uncledopey shut your mouth!

All you do is rag on Mcmillans and people who own em.

Why dont you get a life and quit being a whiney peon.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
NO! I love McMillans I think they are a great stock, especially the EDGE technology, It just amazes me how there solid colors can look GREAT and the "swirly" colors so ugly, and their camo colors look so juvenile and poorly hand painted with their rough edges, like someone coloring outside the lines in a coloring book. AND, I have never ragged on ANYONE who owns one, just the ugly stocks themselves, oh yeah you're right, I did compare steelhead's Ugly picture, uh.. I mean his ugly rifle to his picture. so that being said, why don't you shut your mouth.. oh yeah, I forgot this is Tom's 24hour campfire so you better not disagree with him or have your own tastes or opinions, because little Tommy might get mad!

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
No stupid! I'm getting sick and tired of you stupid little comments about peoples stocks....if you dont like em keep your frigging mouth shut!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
.........hmmmm..last time I checked, the 1st amendment was still in place. You do believe in freedom of speech, right Mr.264? Why would you ever want to silence someone because of their speech? You do believe in individual freedoms, right? - You are acting very UN-AMERICAN. Please check yourself sir.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Heres an example.

Originally Posted by UncleSoapy
EGAD!

Yikes! nothin' like matching your rifle to the shooter!

Did this gunsmith mention how frickin' ugly McSwirlys are???

Carnivore ??? - with that purple stock, maybe you should have named it Barney-vore!

Well alright, my thanks goes out to all those who took part in this thread that gave their honest opinion, one way or the other on whether or not they liked the looks of the Mcswirly. Good to know that there are others who don't like them. To those dunderheads who can't accept an honest question or are to befuddled to comprehend "why this thread is even necessary", I wish you well and only hope that your own shortcomings and insecurities can be overcome so as, to not make this forum so unfriendly. God bless you all, Uncle Soapy.

I'm certainly not knocking the quality of the stock, but c'mon, as one poster described it - they look like a melted down bowling ball! I know to each his own, that's fine, but does anyone else, if you get past the name and reputation, look at it and say "man that is ugly" - and GAP camo?? - makes me want to puke! I would love to have a McMillan some day, but if my two choices were swirly or GAP - I think I would have to pass, make mine painted please!

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HATES HOW A "MC SWIRLY" LOOKS?

Just a few from our resident Swirly hater...

Carry on.......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
What was your wait time? Got a couple I can't wait to receive, but I'm only about a month in on them...

I know. It kills me, too. I'm waiting on another that I ordered in March for a true custom 223AI.

Sand camo was ordered 1/26. So a little over 2-1/2 months?? Not too bad.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Ah yes, The 1st amendment in action, thank you sir for posting those beautiful quotes. I can almost smell the freedom! p.s. Thanks, I didn't know you were such a fan of my writings. Oh and Tom, deep down I know you are a good American and a closet fan of Unclesoapy........and Tom............I like you to, good night my friend!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
It's as custom as my restocked LVSF. grin

Got any cartridges rolled for it yet?

I do have some M118LR loads that I loaded up with IMR4895. Supposed to rain all day Saturday. Hopefully it will clear up on Sunday.

Just a few more specs:

It's got a Jewell trigger, Badger base, Badger rings, and Leupold MKIV 10X M3 with mil-dot. A local gunsmith went over the 5r - scoped the bore and disassembled the bolt. Everything was in order. Can't wait to wring it out.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The part you dont seem to get through your thick skull is that yes people have different opinions....knowing when to keep your mouth shut is the key.

257heavan just got a new stock for himself and hes proud of it....jerkoffs like you come along and voice your meaningless opinions that dont have nothing to contribute to the thread.

I know your type....jealous about what others have and because of that you have to make yourelf bigger and them smaller..

Its not working.

1st amandment...yes... Idiots opinion....no!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
and their camo colors look so juvenile and poorly hand painted with their rough edges, like someone coloring outside the lines in a coloring book.

Not sure how they do it, but they're not painted. I'd like to see how the gel coat swirls and camo patterns are done. And you know what?? I don't think the lines in mother nature are perfect, either. Seems like these stocks blend in pretty well. If they're good enough to use in Iraq and Afghanistan and good enough to use in Viet Nam, jungles, etc......they're good enough for me.

If you don't like the jagged lines, you can get a solid McMillan and have somebody cerakote it camo for you. But you probably already know that. To each his own, I guess. But some of my favorite McMillan camo is the smear pattern USMC return stocks from the old M40A1 sniper rifles. I don't think anybody could recreate that with a paintbrush.

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
257, I like it lots.

Of course Soapy might not like it if Swirley fan got on, searched all of his posts and just schit on every one of them....

"Well, he wants it, he gets it".....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 63 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,799
Posts18,496,275
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.