Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 68 of 150 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 149 150
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Grape are my favorite but these guys going(old friends and new)deserve a high quality smoke, from a high quality guy so, instead of 7-11, I went straight to Steve_NO to find the best cigars from one of his hoity-toity,high falutin cigar import/export fronts!

Last edited by isaac; 04/17/10.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Bob,I'll try and grab ya an Opus X ....my tobacconist calls me special and sets some aside when they come in

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope all of you have a great time. In fact, I would be amazed if you did not.

The Tennessean pig hunt was terrific, and this hunt appears to be even better. More guys, and more animals to hunt.

The only part I do not mind missing is the potential to fall into the fire on Saturday night. Damn near did that at the Tennessee hunt, with the help of some brandy.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of pictures.

I'll be black bear hunting in Montana and doing some varmint shooting there and in Wyoming.

Best to all of you.

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the wind would settle down a bit here I would go try some new loads out in a 223 for the trip.....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I just picked up a Savage M24 in 12GA/.223 combo. What, if any, scope/optic would be recommended by the group, or anyone with experience with these? It came with a weaver mount already attached. Williams or Lyman peep instead?

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those things beg for a 1x or a red dot IMHO.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I've had the Remington import version of the Baikal 7x57/12 and have a put anywhere from a variable to a fixed 6x42 on them,Mike, and they worked fine for the rifle. Raised scope with the see thru mounts if you wish to look straight down the shotgun but maybe the scope will be fine for your shotgun out to 30 yards. Some I know, look down the side of their shotgun for that shot.

I just purchased the EAA,not Remington version Baikal 223/12 and it is a beauty.Dark English walnut with excellent graining. I'm going to put my Sightron 6x42 on it and see how it works. If no good, I'm putting a Leupy VII 2x8x32,I think,to give it a try.

Just keep trying scopes you have in stock, Mike,that will get you sighted in to the distance you like for your rifle chamber and then see what you can do for your shotgun patterning.

Keep me up to date and posted,please. I'll do the same.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I thought about that, but I'm getting a .22LR chamber insert, or am going to work up some small game reduced loads in .223, or both, and wanted to try something like a Ballistic Plex reticle, so I could get a zero for the .223 at center, and then use one of the other vertical stadia for the reduced loads and/or the .22LR.
Having a scope will screw up the wing shooting aspects with the 12GA barrel though.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks Bob, wilco.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That's why some practice shooting/patterning down the side of the barrel,Mike.

How far out do you wish for 223 to zero?

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Probably use the PBR method with 2.5-3" at 100, for a dead on hold out to 275+/-. I just bought it yesterday, and need to run some loads through it to see what works. I have some 60 gr Partitions, and a boatload of 64 gr WinPP's for deer sized stuff, but my fave bullet for varmints is the 55gr BT-not so good on the deer, but hell on 'yotes and other vermin.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like a good time for all...lot of [bleep] I would like to meet...to bad I gotta work to pay off all the debt our nation owes...one of the "perks" that are golden handcuffs to my job... is all the vacation I get to sell back to the company at half price...

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bob, I know Mark will hang with us. I don't know about the hired help or the ranch folks.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBaker5390
Sounds like a good time for all...lot of [bleep] I would like to meet...to bad I gotta work to pay off all the debt our nation owes...one of the "perks" that are golden handcuffs to my job... is all the vacation I get to sell back to the company at half price...

Dang ....you're making us all feel guilty frown but we will get over it! grin wish you could be there!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Mike...what's on your wish list for Texas? Deer sized game? pig? or just varmints?

And, are you taking this as your Texas hunting piece? I'm thinking about it along with my 243 for the bigger game as I'm feeling odd using the 223 for that stuff, although legal.

Pat....thanks for getting back to me. After consult with a expert, it will be AVO #2s for the boys!

William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't take me wrong....I am jealous...got alotta ammo need shootin...and city gun ranges...just piss me off...no enjoyment...just necessity....that all my work ethic is about to pay off on....hopefully

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I learned a long time ago that one needs to take time for oneself...there is a big reason they give you vacation time at work. Need to get away every once in a while. Attitude adjustment is a necessary thing. Besides as you said....there are a lot of these [bleep] I would like to meet! laugh

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
And......I'm out!

Sometimes doing the right thing isn't. I promised my guys a week off on me after the birth of a kid. We get schit on enough without having to burn up all our vacation days to be with family.

One of my younger guys just had his wife's C-section scheduled for the Thurs. before the hunt for his twins. Not only do I get to work for free, but I screwed out of a great hunt. I was worried about something like this.

[bleep]' [bleep]!

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
George I am sad! frown Dang it!

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'll probably reach the "sad" phase after I get past the "pizzed" stage.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Page 68 of 150 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 149 150

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 219DW, 2500HD, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,795
Posts18,496,223
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.