Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I shot these behind my house today. A friend is a big-time bird breeder and he's paired all his birds off. He sold me his 6 month left-over roosters for $3 apiece. They are big and they fly. Nothing like living in Ky.

I'm running a string of 3 dogs now. I know, its not too many, but its as many as I want to fool with. If I decided to come out of NSTRA retirement, I think I could get a run for my money with Chase (black English Setter). He's bold and his range is whatever he decides. His high tail is what judges love. He's a nice retriver too.

The pointer is Reece. Sweet as she can be until you turn her loose. Her biggest fault is a hard mouth with other dogs. She's very competitive and near equal of Chase. With very little effort, both could be horseback dogs. They are so biddable, though, their range is the sound of your voice.

The final pic is Meg. More heart, desire and brains of any dog I own. She is not as big-going or as fast as either dog, but she's an all-day dog. Her pace never changes and she finds birds.

For anyone interested, I plan on pairing Chase and Meg off next year. These pups should be outstanding for quail, grouse or pheasant.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Huntaria_Setters; 04/17/10.
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
You sure you want a litter of setter puppies with that fine english pointer in the lineup...grin.

Yes I know they call them pointers now but they will always be english pointers to me.

Very nice looking dogs.

Dink

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
There goes the neighborhood. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
There goes the neighborhood. smile

Hey...what are you doing here? This exclusively for royalty... smirk

wink grin

MAN!! I L O V E the photos!!!!! cool cool cool

There are a bunch of happy dogs working there. That B & W sure has a serious look varmity eye. laugh

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (222ND, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,481
Posts18,529,664
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.