Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
RoadRunner65-- You are the most important thing in that 7 year old's life. And He to you. I'm not an expert but, Drink and I mean drink plenty of water at first. Flush the system out. At the same time get your self into a good everyday exercise program. Work your way up to at least 1 hour a day and continue on for the rest of your life. Too many people I know say that they do not have time for exercise. BS-- It's your health. Go to any fitness gym and talk any 60 year old that has exercised for any length of time. Exercise serves the mind and the body which quitting smoking is all in your head, how much will power. Good luck to you and Latebloomer-- This is a good post you started. Hang in there. Web

[Linked Image]
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Hey Latebloomer,
Give us an update. How are you doing? We want to know!!

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Improved sense of smell after quitting smoking isn't always good, as I mentioned about obese summertime women in Walmart. At 0700 yesterday morning I was in the lab waiting room at the VA Hospital. A guy sits beside me. He's 60ish, skinny, with a marine haircut in mostly grey hair. He's wearing sandals, a tight t-shirt and tight shorts. And he smelled like he'd been doused in cheap perfume. Not cologne--perfume. And doused, I said. I considered moving, but I didn't want to be obvious. Then I noticed his legs. They were shaved. I prepared to move and didn't care if I was obvious or not. Luckily, he suddenly realized he didn't take a number from the little machine on yonder wall, so he got up. When he got his number he took a different seat, thank God!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Ed
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Hey Latebloomer,
Give us an update. How are you doing? We want to know!!

Bob

Bob,

I'm doing good!!!

I had a set-back on the weekend when I decided to have a few brewskies...can't believe I did it...

But guess what?

I'm on it again and now its Thursday and I've had zero cravings@

Looks like I better get rid of the cold ones for awhile longer as my body equates that the two go hand in hand!

Nonetheless, it was for a day but one day is still STUPID to me! eek

I'm smarter because of it though I remain resolute...I have too as my life and welfare depends upon it!!!

Thanks for asking I appreciate it brother!!! smile

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
LB,
Sorry to hear about the set back but glad to hear you didn't give up. I'll be going through it soon myself. I picked May 3 as my first day of not smoking anymore. I'd probably start sooner but we are having a party at our house on May 2. I know I'll have a few adult beverages and don't want to set myself up for failure. So, I have a couple of weeks to get my head in the game. I'm 53 and have an 8 year old grandson that I need to teach to hunt and fish (he's well on the way)and to basically just keep up with. I'm looking forward to feeling better and having a bunch of money left in my pocket at the end of the week. Keep up the good work!

Bob

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
My dad started smoking in 1942 after he was drafted and was a pack a day guy until age 62 when he went in for a required physical when he retired. Doc gave him a stern warning. He quit that day cold turkey and started walking 3 miles a day. Within a year he was in better shape than I had ever seen him.

At age 80 he came over to my house while I was at work and split 4 pick-up loads of wood by hand. He is 87 now and cannot do near what he used to. It hit him suddenly at age 82.

My point is that it is not too late. My dad had the best 20 years of his life from 62-82 after giving up the cigarettes. Hang in there.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by JMR40
My dad started smoking in 1942 after he was drafted and was a pack a day guy until age 62 when he went in for a required physical when he retired. Doc gave him a stern warning. He quit that day cold turkey and started walking 3 miles a day. Within a year he was in better shape than I had ever seen him.

At age 80 he came over to my house while I was at work and split 4 pick-up loads of wood by hand. He is 87 now and cannot do near what he used to. It hit him suddenly at age 82.

My point is that it is not too late. My dad had the best 20 years of his life from 62-82 after giving up the cigarettes. Hang in there.

Thank you I needed to hear that!!!!!! grin

B
B
Hi LateBloomer

My first post here, stick with it. After 35 yrs of smoking I gave up 1/07/07 with the help of Chantix. I had the same feeling in 06 deer season as the mountains around here sagged and got steeper. You will be glad you did quit and say to yourself that was the best thing I did for myself and for family and friends. Boon

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks boon and welcome to the forum bro' grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LateBloomer,

I didn't read past your OP. But I repeat someoen else, redundecy may be a good thing.

Maybe you remember the old Rexall company. They have a product called Smok-ezz or something close to that. I know of thrity-seven out of forty out of forty-three folks who tried it and quit with no more desire to smoke. I think a box is less than $20. I am not afiliated with Rexall except as a customer. The phone number is 888-22-rexall.

Hope this helps a .com friend and fellow hunter.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Latebloomer, stop drinking beer for 3 months. If you continue to smoke when you drink, then your going to always be looking forward to your next beer night.

After I quit smoking, I decided to only smoke when I drink. Well, I was then drinking every weekend. Damn addiction plays mind games.

Trust me, stop drinking.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1eyedmule, 204guy, 10Glocks, 1234, 007FJ, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 16,981 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,188
Posts18,543,372
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.