Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
WTF is WRONG with these people ?

GTC

April 19, 2010 | 11:03 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5780a86970c-800wi

Cardinal Roger Mahony blasted Arizona's proposed crackdown on illegal immigration, calling it "the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited and useless anti-immigrant law."

"American people are fair-minded and respectful. I can't imagine Arizonans now reverting to German Nazi and Russian Communist techniques whereby people are required to turn one another in to the authorities on any suspicion of documentation," Mahony wrote on his blog.

The Arizona measure, which has yet to be signed by Republican Gov. Jan Brewer, would require police, if they suspect someone is in the country illegally, to determine the person's immigration status. Currently, officers can ask about someone's immigration status only if the person is a suspect in another crime. Those who can't prove they are in the U.S. legally face misdemeanor charges.

Mahony is a long-time supporter of immigrant rights and has spoken out before on legislation be believes is unfair to immigrants.

"The Arizona legislature just passed the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-immigrant law," Mahony said on his blog. "The tragedy of the law is its totally flawed reasoning: that immigrants come to our country to rob, plunder and consume public resources. That is not only false, the premise is nonsense."

He added: "The law is wrongly assuming that Arizona residents, including local law enforcement personnel, will now shift their total attention to guessing which Latino-looking or foreign-looking person may or may not have proper documents. That's also nonsense."

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/19/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
WTF is WRONG with these people ?

GTC

April 19, 2010 | 11:03 am

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5780a86970c-800wi

Cardinal Roger Mahony blasted Arizona's proposed crackdown on illegal immigration, calling it "the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited and useless anti-immigrant law."

"American people are fair-minded and respectful. I can't imagine Arizonans now reverting to German Nazi and Russian Communist techniques whereby people are required to turn one another in to the authorities on any suspicion of documentation," Mahony wrote on his blog.

The Arizona measure, which has yet to be signed by Republican Gov. Jan Brewer, would require police, if they suspect someone is in the country illegally, to determine the person's immigration status. Currently, officers can ask about someone's immigration status only if the person is a suspect in another crime. Those who can't prove they are in the U.S. legally face misdemeanor charges.

Mahony is a long-time supporter of immigrant rights and has spoken out before on legislation be believes is unfair to immigrants.

"The Arizona legislature just passed the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-immigrant law," Mahony said on his blog. "The tragedy of the law is its totally flawed reasoning: that immigrants come to our country to rob, plunder and consume public resources. That is not only false, the premise is nonsense."

He added: "The law is wrongly assuming that Arizona residents, including local law enforcement personnel, will now shift their total attention to guessing which Latino-looking or foreign-looking person may or may not have proper documents. That's also nonsense."

Between this and the new no permit law I'm thinking of moving to Arizona grin

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Don't let that "Sick-Amor" find out,.....he HATES "Newcomers".

Chuckle,

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
If the Cardinal was as concerned as he sounds, he would already have the funding, legal bills and housing/naturalization expenditures to pay for his world view and all "immigration" would be channeled through him, as would all responsibility for these people whom he obviously represent.

What are they coming here for? Us?

Nazis and Communists were also thieves......and had problems with borders.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'd expect nothing less from a probable member of NAMBLA.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That's the word over here, though it may be slander due to his rather "Romantic" notion that the United States belongs to EVERYBODY.

Likes Altar Boys,.....

Good Lord

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/19/10.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I love my country but hate it's politicians

I love my faith but hate it's politicians

dang....

edited to add that Mahoney should have been dealt with many years ago but the other politicos didn't have the testicular fortitude to do it.

Last edited by bcolorado; 04/19/10.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If only he was so concerned and outspoken about the hierarchy of his church conspiring to enable rapists and conceal their crimes.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by bcolorado
I love my country but hate it's politicians

I love my faith but hate it's politicians

dang....

Yep.

Of course there is nothing wrong with sponsorship; This Cardinal seems to believe in it, so long as its with a wallet and resources not of his own.

Plenty of "heart" out there, when its someone else who bears the responsibility.

FWIW saying every member of the Church leadership is odds a pedophile is akin to saying everyone here is a McViegh.
That's so MSM'ish....

For the record this Cardinal is an IDIOT, for certain....

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
fug'em....wait thats their mantra

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mahony should let the Arizona Cardinals speak for Arizona. They have more than enough and I'm pretty sure any of them could kick his azz.
Well, maybe not the field goal guy. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's a brain dead liberal first.Everything else takes a back seat,including loyalty to this nation.Most of these illegals are likely to be Catholic and represent more income for the church.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

This Cardinal should be more concerned about cleaning up his Church of child molesting priest.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
That is the first thing that came to my mind.
Allan

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Sounds like the Cardinal prefers his small boys to be brown-skinned.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Mahony is a long-time supporter of illegal immigrant rights and has spoken out before on legislation be believes is unfair to illegal immigrants.

"The Arizona legislature just passed the country's most retrogressive, mean-spirited, and useless anti-illegal immigrant law," Mahony said on his blog. "The tragedy of the law is its totally flawed reasoning: that illegal immigrants come to our country to rob, plunder and consume public resources. That is not only false, the premise is nonsense."

I think some key words were omitted by both authors, so I fixed it.......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All I'm gonna say, is that with Cardinal Roger Mahony in LA, and
Cardinal Francis George in Chicago giving a life time achievment award to Father Phleger, the Pope up to his eyeballs in the child sexual abuse scandal, the Catholic Church is skating on thin ice.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
FWIW saying every member of the Church leadership is odds a pedophile is akin to saying everyone here is a McViegh.
That's so MSM'ish....

Well, if everyone here belonged to an organization that had actively enabled and protected the likes of a McViegh to "protect the church", that happening EVERYWHERE in the World that organization existed for YEARS and certainly Centuries, then we would be deserving of the label.

I was raised Catholic and went to an old-school all-boys school in England, fortunately I was never personally a target of the "hands-on" Christian Brother I am recalling.

A few years back a display of Vatican artwork and accumulated wealth came through our town, I went to see it. I'm so jaded on that institution all I could think of looking at the artworks was the decadent and rotten institutionalized perversion going back Centuries.

I know there are some fine Priests, heck, I've met 'em, but the organization as a whole makes my skin crawl.

YMMV
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just another liberal priest, ignore him..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Just another liberal pest, ignore him..

Fixed it for ya.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 992 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.