Hop To
#40165 03/29/01
R
rock42 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I'm looking to get a new bolt action for deer hunting. I think I'm either going to get a ruger or a tikka. which is better?<P>------------------<BR>"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.

"and I ain't got no money but I damn sure got it mad cause I ain't askin nobody for nothing if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin you just leave this long haired country boy alone"<BR>Charlie Daniels<P>"I got a shotgun a rifle and a 4 wheel drive and a country boy can survive" Hank jr.
GB1

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW ! This is a joke right? Where's the candid camera?<P>There is a whole big wide wonderful world betwix any Tikka, and the best Ruger, Ruger ever made.<P>If you've narrowed to those two, get the Tikka. If your still open to suggestions, check out a Sig SHR 970 in walnut. It will out perform either, at half their prices.<P>------------------<BR>Lest not we forget, America is a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, spread your knowledge, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It is never pretty when you compare two brands, but in this case, I have to admit that the Tikka wins hands down. That says alot since I love my Rugers. Then again I guess it depends on what caliber you are using and what you are using it for.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey There-I have 3 Tikkas and 1 Ruger,I would'nt give up my Ruger for nothing but my Tikkas are way nicer in my opinion. Ruttin

Take a kid huntin'and teach them well,they are our future.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, AdventureBound, Akhutr, 13 invisible), 1,731 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,450
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.