Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I left my Nikon range finder on a sheep trail in the Pecos wilderness. I was a little excited after I shot my bighorn and didn't realize I left it until I got home.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had friends comment on my lanyard on the Glock when I'm out an about on a 4-wheeler.

If I absolutely must have something, I paint it a hard to lose color, or attach it some way.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
"If I absolutely must have something, I paint it a hard to lose color, or attach it some way."

Amen. I've lost binos, mags, knives, hats, gloves, t-shirts, cameras (now I just take a disposable to be safe). Never know what's going to happen, get excited, weather shifts, mind gets FOCUSED on something and....

Tie it to something. I've also got a rule about setting stuff on the truck: only on the hood, where if you're driving off, you have to see it!

Buddy drove down the highway for a dozen or two miles before the shotgun he'd set on the roof slid off and bounced down the blacktop behind him....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Buddy drove down the highway for a dozen or two miles before the shotgun he'd set on the roof slid off and bounced down the blacktop behind him...." OUCH!

I make the kids put a large GI luggage tag many thing of mine if I loan it to them. Since then, I get everything back.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I will never forget that on my first Elk trip to Colorado, 5 of us were in a mini-van on the way to meet the guides and outfitter at the trailhead. we were just nort of Alamosa, CO when we decided to stop and take in the scenery as the sun was rising. I got out of the van along with one of my buddies. He started filming with the camcorder and I id the naration. After 5-10 minutes of filming, we got back in the van and headed down the road. About 60 seconds later, he said "Oh, &%$#@! I left my glasses on the hood." We promptly turned around and all 5 of us searched for 45 minutes up and down the side of the road. We had gone almost a mile when he realized so they could have been anywhere, as he had placed them on top of the van. We never did find them. Luckily, he had a spare pair.
The funny part about the story is that the spare pair he had was in a yellow tint, like shooting glasses. His brother, also on the trip, gave him such a hard time about having to wear them the rest of the trip... Guess what; not 30 minutes into getting settled in camp, the brother layed his glasses down on the sleeping bag and forgot about them until he sat back down on them while arranging things in the tent. Broke them! needless to say, he didn't make fun of the other brother's yellow glasses any more.

Last edited by pondjumpr; 04/23/10.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
"Buddy drove down the highway for a dozen or two miles before the shotgun he'd set on the roof slid off and bounced down the blacktop behind him...." OUCH!

I make the kids put a large GI luggage tag many thing of mine if I loan it to them. Since then, I get everything back.

Loading up my duck boat at a dirt boat ramp at the end of a road my buddy left his shotgun laying on the ground.

Drove an hour home and he remembered he left it. We drove back and even tho it was clear people had come and gone and loaded their boats it was still laying right there on the ground. I guess being camo helped, of course it's probably also why he left it there to begin with.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have lost many things through the years and often didn't know when I lost them....

I have two sons, I often think I had a lot of help loosing my stuff.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,309 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,394
Posts18,488,802
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.