Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
F
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
They are divorcing after a lot of infidelity on his part...she has moved on...we are together. They apparently agreed to be discreet and amicable. Now he calls her and says she shouldn't go to a big upcoming bike rally because he doesn't want her to embarrass herself as his "new chick" will be with him...WTF...

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hes still trying to be the "control freak"..

don't let him...

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd sooner eat Kimchi with a big glass of chocolate milk than date a chick that is GOING through a divorce.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would bolt a bunch of chrome on the hog and go anyways.

Have an A1 Day!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And she's hoping someone will help solve her issues with him. Lose/lose all the way around.

Probably about 1237 things that can end up happening and only one of them is good, maybe.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'd sooner eat Kimchi with a big glass of chocolate milk than date a chick that is GOING through a divorce.

Yeah, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Where do you come up with this stuff...?

On second thought..it's prolly best not to ask.... whistle

Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Even if she's super hot?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

AMEN Brother!

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I made a decision long ago to not [bleep]/date married women, period, besides I'd sooner have a super average girl and no aggrivation.

IC B3

C
CWG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Facts: No matter how you dress it up, no matter what it looks like, smells like or sounds like, that hole will cost you more than you can possibly imagine now.

Dating anyone going thru a divorce is a door mat waiting to have your name engraved on it.

Cage-Divorce Deathmatch Survivor and Lib antagonist. Stock maker by sheer luck.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by 340boy

Yeah, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

===============

It's a enlightening time,for sure. One can ascertain every conceivable emotion a divorcing spouse is capable of all in the span of 1 day. I know I may be going out on a limb here but I'm thinking the bike rally may not lead to harmony.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got me a super average girl, and there is still some aggrivation. But I see your point.

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All I know about women is their family is THEIR family, their ex's are THEIR ex's. Not a place for me to get involved.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have some trouble on your hands� If your girl is still going to have anything to do with her Ex� then sooner or later something�s gotta give.

Time to put on her big girl pants and ruck up move out and press on

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by temmi
You have some trouble on your hands� If your girl is still going to have anything to do with her Ex� then sooner or later something�s gotta give.

Time to put on her big girl pants and ruck up move out and press on

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

The first time he contacted her with some nonsense like this she should have had her phone number changed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why would anyone give a flying ---- what the EX thinks or wants? I would wait until that stuff is a couple of years behind the woman before engaging.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Divorcing" as in not yet divorced? If so that equals still legally married... which equals trouble you can not even begin to imagine...

Remember there are 3 sides to every story... He says, she says and the objective reality somewhere in the middle.

Your life... do whatever you want... be prepared to deal with the results

Please don't feed the trolls!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'd sooner eat Kimchi with a big glass of chocolate mother's milk than date a chick that is GOING through a divorce.
Fixed it.. And heartily agree.. laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Yep when a manufacturer stops making something I like I generally get online, bitch about it, and then tell everyone that didn't use how stupid they are and confess my superiority for using said item.

Rick really should change the name of the site to 'Bitches are Us'

and a marriage/relationship counselor to boot...truly located between flippant and glib...

Firemedic..

I'd say if you want to take a gal to a Bike Rally, then have fun...

don't let someone run your social life for you...

be it the G/F's ex, or our resident relationship counselors..

if you are a firefighter, I am sure you are enough of a big boy to handle any problems that might be presented by her EX...

My wife of 20 years was going thru a divorce when we met in a group at a church...we were friends for a year before we started dating...my presence stopped her ex from pushing her around, and still trying to boss her around...

the threats to her stopped also...and he directed all of his anger toward me... I took it all with a grain of salt..and when he didn't get a rise out of me, he just finally shut up.

No physical violence ever came about...

have fun and good luck on your relationship with your gal, whether it is a short relationship or a long relationship...
enjoy it..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 22250rem, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,158 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,029
Posts18,481,863
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.