Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
I'll be on POW looking to fish a little and chase deer from the 12th to the 24th or something real close to that(I know I cant hunt till like the 16th or so, maybe).
Anyway I have a buddy flying up for part of it and I'd like to run around with an old pal but I'm sure Ropes will have Bobby buisy with clients.
That leaves me hunting or fishing boatless and alone atleast part of the time. Not that I mind, but also wouldnt mind making a new friend or two.

Seems there are a few POW guys on here. If your interested and have time to play within my window of oportunity we can exchange numbers and maybe meet up(I know it sounds bad).

I grew up on POW, hunt there every few years, and still remember several of my old haunts so I'm not looking for your honey holes, unless of course you want to take me there. I'll have a 5 year old and maybe a 2 year old in tow for atleast some of my fishing.

Rick
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Yes ... Ropes has Bobby busy at that time .... actually he is fishing till the 23rd then it's off to the Goat Mountains asap .... laugh ....

I'll be at the cabin with the Goat hunter pre-Goat hunt for some POW fun.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Figured as much. Sometimes I get to chat with him a little in passing, but usualy you have him in the hills. Few years back I caught you meeting him at the ferry.

I'll try and swing by the cabin for a chat. You going to spike hunt up on the hill or hunt out of the cabin?

Rick
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Well the Goat hunter will just fish a few days maybe get in a day deer hunt. Then it'll be hooking up with Bobby and off to the Goat mountains ... then after Mt Goat is tagged we will be back over to the cabin and getting serious for an Alpine Buck .... while Bobby heads back out with another hunter for a Goat.

We won't be out there till the 21st.

Not sure where bobby plans on staying while he is fish Guiding this season. if his last day is the 23rd he should have the 19th or 20th off. He will be fish Guiding for Steve.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
chesapeake,

If you want to hunt and fish Dall or Baker Island, I'll do it with you. I have a boat. I can find fish, but I make no claims to greatness when it comes to deer.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
chesapeake,

If you want to hunt and fish Dall or Baker Island, I'll do it with you. I have a boat. I can find fish, but I make no claims to greatness when it comes to deer.

Hunted Baker before but never Dall. Anchored the boat in one of the bays on the SE side and hiked up into the sub-alpine. I'd be game assuming its only for a few days(wife dont take kindly to me ditching her with the boys for too long). My pall would no doubt wish to join if he is there. I can usualy find the deer easy enough if the clouds stay out of the way, but I'm no great hunter either. More of a meat hunter type masquerading as a trophy hunter.

If you want to spike hunt I'll need to adjust my packing list. Day hunt I'll be prepared. Let me know. I plan to pre-ship some of my gear to avoid bagage fees.

Rick
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ropes

Not sure where bobby plans on staying while he is fish Guiding this season. if his last day is the 23rd he should have the 19th or 20th off. He will be fish Guiding for Steve.

Not sure what you mean by this. Silversea is out St Nick isnt it? Doesnt Bobby still live in Shawn Seet? Sorry I've bean gone for too many years and am out of touch. Havent spoke with Bobby for maybe 2 years now.

Rick
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

no ... Bobby and Liz and the girls (Liz had a boy in Sitka) moved up to Sitka.

Yep ... out just pass the place Bobby's dad built at St Nick.

C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by ropes

no ... Bobby and Liz and the girls (Liz had a boy in Sitka) moved up to Sitka.

Yep ... out just pass the place Bobby's dad built at St Nick.

We'll, I didnt know that. Sitka huh, thought that boy would never leave the island. I'll have to make sure and run him down first thing when I get to POW.

Rick

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, beefan, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,438 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.