Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
....might want to check this out, before arguing the political angles.

" Hezbollah using drug routes "

Ya' know, I told ya'll well over 6 weeks ago that Sheriff Dever WARNED us about just EXACTLY this threat.

Jeez,.....yawn,....more fun to argue STUPID partisan politics than look at the bigger picture.

This would bring a sense of Deja vu to a reincarnated Roman, ....no doubt.

Sorry to bother ya'll,.....go back to discussing politics,.....I would caution you though, it's way more like a security blanket, than any REAL security.

GTC

Link: http://www.azbiz.com/articles/2010/...nel_waxman/doc4bd1c0a36406d914766174.txt

Now Arizona has more than one war in our backyards
MY OPINION: Hezbollah using drug routes

By Lionel Waxman, Inside Tucson Business
Published on Friday, April 23rd, 2010

For years, I have been warning that the Mexican drug war will sweep over Southern Arizona if we don�t close the border. Well now the war is here. But today, I am writing to warn you of another war. It is using the drug routes but it isn�t connected to the cartels.

Hezbollah, the Iran-backed Lebanese group, is on its way to involving Tubac, Tucson, Phoenix and other parts of Arizona in the Arab-Israeli conflict as well as the drug trade. Where are our NIMBYs?

For at least four years, the Hispanic American Center for Economic Research has been keeping an eye on a Hezbollah militia that has taken root in South America in the what�s known as the tri-border region of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil. According to reports, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration officials say Hezbollah is relying on �the same criminal weapons smugglers, document traffickers and transportation experts as the drug cartels.�

The drug war is here. It�s real and very personal to Southern Arizonans. It was especially personal to Robert Krentz, the Cochise County rancher who was killed on his own land March 27, most likely by a drug runner. It is not surprising that crime is rife along the border, and when I say along the border, I mean within 150 miles of the border. Can you really sit comfortably in your living room in Tubac and believe the war isn�t �here� yet?

Arizona lawmakers have passed what is being called the toughest immigration law in the country. It makes it a crime to be in Arizona having entered the country illegally.

Let�s take a moment right here to distinguish between an immigrant and an illegal immigrant. There are people who want to smear the distinction between them.

An immigrant is any person who has entered the country having lived outside the country previously. An illegal immigrant is such a person who entered the country contrary to the provisions of United States law. The state�s new law is not intended to inconvenience immigrants. It is intended to inconvenience illegal immigrants.

Legal immigrants may be slightly inconvenienced as they are distinguished from illegal immigrants. But they should not encounter police unless they are doing something otherwise illegal.

This law does not authorize police to stop people on the street and demand to see their papers. Police will check immigration status only if they are interviewing a person for some other reason.

If you were reading about this new law in the vaunted Wall Street Journal, you might have gotten a different idea. Reporter Miriam Jordan writes ��[It] would make it a violation of state law to be in the U.S. without proper documentation.�

It does no such thing. It only makes it a violation to be in Arizona unlawfully.

Jordan writes that it would be legal for police to stop and verify the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being illegal. Wrong. They cannot stop anyone without probable cause, just as before. Jordan says she was unable to reach the bill�s sponsor, state Sen. Russell Pearce, R-Mesa, for comment. She couldn�t have tried very hard. All the other news outlets reached Pearce.

Reportedly, the federals in Washington don�t like the state law. Well, tough, they had years to do something about the situation on the border but did nothing. It�s still not too late for the feds to do the right thing and recall Arizona�s National Guard from Afghanistan and put them on the border where they belong. We would welcome them.

How many Arizonans must be killed here before the feds take this war seriously? Every day I get a body count from Mexico. And now they are starting to kill Americans in America. That is intolerable.

With Hezbollah involved, is there any chance that will interest the U.S. Defense Department? Or must we await some catastrophe? You know, one of those man-made events Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano speaks of. Will Southern Arizona have to start suffering not only drug violence, but Middle East violence too?

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/24/10.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
^

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
at LEAST a couple of years ago I was talking to a 27year vet. of the F.B.I. about the historic old smuggling route just to the west of douglas, and "lookout mountain." Per HIS comment, that is now called the ARAB ROAD due to the islamic postcards, and other debri left in the garbage. Coyotes get a LOT more for smuggling them accross.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was listening a little bit to the spin in the media about the bill being passed here in arizona. I guess my reaction is mainly if people don't like it, "they can kiss my grits."
Flavored with a little salza.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Most folks I spoke with at a gathering this AM are solidly behind the plan.

We're seldom hearing the phrase "OTM" from the USCBP these days, or seeing REAL percentages of that component in apprehensions.

As noted they pay WAY more for there Coyotes, and I'll venture that fewer are caught, than make it through.

GTC

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Iran again, huh?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Interesting cat, this Lionel "Waxman".

He seems to have a peculiar fixation on Iran.

Strange article. He tries to sound anti war about Afghanistan, but says that a war against Iran is a necessity.

http://www.waxmanmedia.com/2009/12/lionel-waxmans-notebook.html

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just to clarify a little bit. An immigrant is any person with a visa that allows him or her to live in the U.S. permanently. A non-immigrant is someone we allow to come into the U.S. on a non-permanent basis such as a visitor or student visa. An illegal immigrant is someone that has never been inspected at the border or international airport - usually because they have avoided inspection at crossed the border at a place other than a port of entry.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Interesting cat, this Lionel "Waxman".

He seems to have a peculiar fixation on Iran.

http://www.waxmanmedia.com/2009/12/lionel-waxmans-notebook.html

Kind of like yours, with anything remotely Jewish.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Is this going to be the focus of your new ass kissin' campaign?

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Is this going to be the focus of your new ass kissin' campaign?

Is this where you break out a new can of lies, which your own posts and words can easily refute?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
*yawn*

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Nice refutation....

And, just about par for the course.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'll need more information before I can be bothered to "refute" anything.

Your particular type of "flame war through baseless accusation" is much too weak to devote any significant energy to.

You're truly "the azzhole without a cause".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bristoe and Ahmadinejad are pretty much in agreement on some issues, so Bristoe never gets too worked up about Iran.

Like his foreign policy mentor Obama, he thinks they're no threat:

�I mean think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don�t pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us…You know, Iran, they spend one one-hundredth of what we spend on the military. If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn�t stand a chance.�

Unlike Obama, Bristoe doesn't openly blow them, yet.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I'll need more information before I can be bothered to "refute" anything.

Your particular type of "flame war through baseless accusation" is much too weak to devote any significant energy to.

You're truly "the azzhole without a cause".

I'm hurt... not.

Playing clueless never really got your far, but it's one of your favorite cards. Have at playing that one again.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
middle eastern illegals. the third thursday of each month ranchers in our area are invited to meet with the local ,BP,ICE,FBI,DEA,in falfurris,tex. and they try to tell us whats going in this sector, we had an FBI, guy show us a slide show that started with major events around the world going back to the 1st world war then the 2nd world war then korea, the vietnam, then the 1st iraq war, 2nd iraq war, afganistain,and now whats happening on the border with mexico,then he said this is whats going to happen in the near future, the potus, will get this phone call. "we have 5 nukes in 5 major u.s. citys do what we tell you when we tell you or we will set them off" didnt take questions, just packed up and left. i ran into him at what-a-burger later and asked , whats the good news he said," there aint any" and walked out, long ride home that night.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I knew Steve NO had showed up.

I could hear VAnimrod puckerin' up two states away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am surprised that Hezbollah or whomever hasn't(yet) smuggled any WMDs into the US.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When Bush was in and not protecting the border the conservative hacks always said terrorists would never enter the US via Mexico so this all sounds like a bunch of crap to me. Can we just move on to the next tirade?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (2500HD, 160user, 222ND, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,608
Posts18,511,652
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.