Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think you won't go back!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We'll see. I'll give it an honest go. I figure I have plenty of time 'till season starts to wring it out.

I've got targets set up at 30, 40, 50, and 60 yds in the back yard. I enjoy going out there in the evening (weather cooperating) and shooting.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Same as me on my 20 acres I have a nice 3D range. I seem to over do it most nights and should quit way before I do.

One added thing about the WB that won't be seen while targets are involved. Imagine the beauty of having an arrow nocked solid without any chance of knocking it loose or clanking against the riser while hunting.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've used both and the QAD I have had on 2 bows for the last 4 years has been flawless. Some guys have trouble adjusting these rests but [if you can follow the instructions] you are set. I shoot the blazers and have no problems with contact.

The WB is decent but will essentially wear out in under a year to the point where your arrows are slightly out of tune.

"Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win."

Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I converted to WB a long time and have been satisfied since. I picked up a new bow and it has the latest greatest drop away sumpin or nother on it. I honestly don't think I'm going to use it.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just looked. It's a zero effect.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've never worn one out yet on a big game bow. I have worn them out with my bow fishing arrows and all the blood and slime involved. But that is an extreme use. Now they make a new Bowfishing design, but I have since switched to the Muzzy fish hook rest.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by B_Lance
I've used both and the QAD I have had on 2 bows for the last 4 years has been flawless. Some guys have trouble adjusting these rests but [if you can follow the instructions] you are set. I shoot the blazers and have no problems with contact.

I have no problems following instructions. If you could read, you'd see that I stated that the only reason why I have contact issues with Blazers and the QAD is because I am using the taller fork (which is more often than not required when using FOB's). The Blazers would work fine with the regular, shorter fork. It is certainly no knock against the QAD (no pun intended).

Hell, I love farting around with things and seeing what works. That is why I am giving a WB a chance with this bow. Only downside so far is that I can't use the FOB's.

Last edited by RyanTX; 04/19/10.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
i suppose it depends on how you plan to hunt with the bow and what you like...try it...but as for me - I want quiet and nothing to potentially influence that arrow and I love my ripcord fall away...my arrows are fletched 2deg helical with quickspin vanes and i never have a problem...

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Whisker Biscuit for sure. When you look at it, you'll swear that there's no way it can shoot as well as a drop away. But, I can shoot good groups all the way to 80 yds with mine on my home range. I tried several drop-aways, all of which would occasionally malfunction. Not too much of a problem in a tournament but unacceptable for hunting. 4 or 5 seasons with a WB and never a hiccup. I put one on my wife's bow too - she shoots vanes and I shoot feathers - works great with both.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've always shot 4"vanes with good RH Helical Fletch. They don't shoot well out of WB. WB will work well will small Fletch and little to no helical.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,450 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,609
Posts18,492,430
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.