Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
As old as I am, life still hurts at times. Friday evening I lost my mother to cancer. She was very strong during her battle. Never complained of the pain. May she rest in peace. I'm glad she is with my Dad and out of the pain that cancer seems to cause.

Guys, give your mom a hug when you can, life can be fast.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Knowing that there's bigger things than life helps. But you already know that. Prayers sent.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wtxj..my sincere condolences for your loss. But you already realize she is in a better place!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very sorry for your loss Sir. Prayers for the family offered.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Been there, lost my mother three years ago. I was lucky as we lived on opposite coasts but I had visited her a few months before she died. A few months ago I had a thought pop into my head that I should call and share some good family news with her then I remembered she is not taking calls any more.

I am glad you have assurances of her status. I do not have that for either of my parents.

Yes, life goes on but that does not make it easy for those of us who remain.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Wtxl:

I understand your loss. My mother passed away on April 9 also from cancer. She was diagnosed in December, we took her to a nursing home that she and we had selected. Although it was not close, we did spend most of the last 4 months with her. She rapidly declined and was at a very low level for about 2 months (she could not speak for the last two months) I was with her on the morning of the day that she passed away. Even though we knew how this was going to end, their was still a qualitative difference between my mom being on this earth (even at a very low level) and not being here at all. I was very fortunate in that I was close to my mom and my wife was just as close (if not closer as my mom had no daughters). All our memories are good ones filled with joy and laughter. She lived a good 87 year life and we will both miss her greatly. I am very sorry for your loss.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laid My Gramma to rest friday, My heart goes out to you.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, life moves on...yet fortunately the memories remain. Sorry to hear of your loss.

The best to you and yours.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have been there with both Mom and Dad , believe me i know how you feel . I think of them just about every day and they have been gone for a while. Just think of the good times . The strange thing is sometime i pick up the phone to call and then i remember mom is gone. My heart goes out to you.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wtxj; Sorry your mom passed away and sorrier yet it was from cancer.
It's been eleven years since my mom died, and all I can say positive about the experience is that she passed quickly.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
IC B3

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks everyone.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My old Mom's right next door,....brewing tea, and steaming vegetables.

At a ripe old age of 91 she'll talk to me every now and than, about our mortality.

sometimes I listen.

So sorry about your Mom's passing,.....

No words, Man.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I did this just today with both my Mom and Dad. And because of your situation and local/best friends who have been through the same as you I do it every chance I get. I fear the day I lose either of my parents. I really do. Just today both had encountered injuries from the farm. Upsets me but they are going to live and work as they always have. At 73 however, I have to find them some physical help or they will wind up killing themselves. Pretty sure my Dad sprained his ankle but he would not admit it.

WT I am deeply regretful that you lost your Mother and hope she is without pain and with her Heavenly Father.

I also that hope you are equally well and know that we are blessed by those who pass on after living a full live amongst us.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just tilled my Mothers garden spot for her today she is 91 and still getting after it but I can see her starting to fail. Hope she has a wile yet and am sorry your Mom didn't. All the best, Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sorry to hear that bud...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
So very sorry to hear of your loss... Prayers sent for you and your family.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
Been there, lost my mother three years ago. I was lucky as we lived on opposite coasts but I had visited her a few months before she died. A few months ago I had a thought pop into my head that I should call and share some good family news with her then I remembered she is not taking calls any more.

I am glad you have assurances of her status. I do not have that for either of my parents.

Yes, life goes on but that does not make it easy for those of us who remain.

Scott she's still taking your calls, only it's at a different level. She's still in your mind and that's the greatest compliment of all.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
prayers for the family,,mom will be 99 in Aug ,,mil 95 in march

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Sorry for your loss.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your family's loss. We lost my mother 2 yrs ago this month to pancreatic cancer.

Last edited by 280shooter; 04/25/10.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (17CalFan, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 38 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,541
Posts18,531,306
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.