Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The rings that come with them are fine. I used them to work up loads and they held with no problems after about 100 rounds out of my lite 270 WSM. Not many but enough to know they work, I think.

I did opt for different rings and mounts and not sure that was a good idea. When I replaced the factory rings, Burris was the only company offering aftermarkets. I went with the Signature rings with the plastic inserts. The Burris set up is great but noticeably heavier than the factory ones supplied with the gun. The difference changed the balance a bit too.

If I were scoping another T3, I'd just use the nice light weight rings supplied and never look back unless a problem occurred. I just may change out the Burris set, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
264, Tikka is owned by Sako, is owned by Beretta.

No one here has suggested that that the problem is that some crap got sent out. The issue is how ***BERETTA*** handled the problem. (I'll leave the question of how the ***BERETTA*** bean counters were involved in steel purchase decisions to coffee shop speculation).

To suggest that ***BERETTA*** doesn't understand how to place an ad in major sporting magazines is a bit, well, bizarre. JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The Tikka T3 is a great value. It is the only rifle that I haven't had to do trigger work on. Mine is in .308 and consistently shoots 1/2" groups with factory ammo. Can't wait to see what it might do with home rolled. The bolt on it is as smooth as butter. I bought a Rem. 673 in .350 mag a month after my Tikka and in comparison, the Rem is a huge disapointment. I won't go into the particulars with the Rem. but I will say I'll never purchase another one. They are a couple of C-Notes more but their quality isn't even close.

Sothrdnk
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Well, guys, I guess Arnie and his buddies are right after all? There are BAD guns.

Hell no.

There were some poorly QC'd barrels that screwed up and hurt some of our friends and shooting buddys. That is a legitamate accident. The refusal to come clean and try to prevent more injuries was pure Corp Crap.

The problem is that most of the arms manufacturers have been taken over by huge conglomerates that no more understand their products than they do their customers. The (short term) bottom line is everything.

I wish we could all afford to deal exclusively with craftman-owned enterprises where the guy with his name on the sign is still proud to turn out a quality product. If you can't afford a custom rifle, at least support your local smith by paying the extra 30 to 50 bucks over what the discounters are charging.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I didn't realize they had handled it "so bad". I found out about the problem here in the chatrooms and called my local dealer to warn him. He said shortly after that the company contacted him and handled returns very nicely. I was able to get through on the hotline and check out my gun easily.
I realize there's probably not enough that you can do to let people know when something like this happens. Maybe one guy at corporate makes the decision on how something like this gets handled and it makes a bad mark for the whole companies efforts. Anyhow getting back to the way the topic started I still stand by my statement that I'd love to have a T-3!!

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
agree with you strongly. vote with my dollars. ruger has the ethics i am looking for .

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Well, guys, I guess Arnie and his buddies are right after all? There are BAD guns.

Hell no.

There were some poorly QC'd barrels that screwed up and hurt some of our friends and shooting buddys. That is a legitamate accident. The refusal to come clean and try to prevent more injuries was pure Corp Crap.

The problem is that most of the arms manufacturers have been taken over by huge conglomerates that no more understand their products than they do their customers. The (short term) bottom line is everything.

I wish we could all afford to deal exclusively with craftman-owned enterprises where the guy with his name on the sign is still proud to turn out a quality product. If you can't afford a custom rifle, at least support your local smith by paying the extra 30 to 50 bucks over what the discounters are charging.

OldBadger - I fully agree, especially concerning the issue of supporting our local gunsmiths.

Here in Germany guns are expensive but "out of the box" rifles - concerning quality - are in fact custom or at least semi custom, with a name and person or family behind.
Heym is a family owned shop, Merkel now is owned by the relatively small separated Heckler & Koch hunting weapons branch. Blaser, Mauser and Sauer, though are differently located plants, but being in one hand. The responsible (and accountable) person behind this three (for Germany) big names is a hard working and capable guy by the name of Michael L. Me and everybody can (and do) talk to him.

Can we talk to Mr SavBerRemWinRugBro?

Shareholder value rules, instead!

Regards
Roe Deer

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Roe Deer,

Is SanSwiss Arms owned by the same "Michael L?" I have a Sigarms SHR-970 purchased several years ago that I really like, it is my understanding that while they are no longer imported into the US they are still produced and marketed in Europe. Is that the case?

By the way, I just may look into a Blaser R93 in the future.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Eric, yes, Swiss Arms is also owned by M.L. and his partner.
Good rifles!
Their "Alpine" SHR (Swiss Hunting Rifle) modell which sells here for about 1300 bucks sports "in the receiver *integrated* (milled!) Weaver bases" - European ingenuity.
AFAIK it is imported to the US
Regards
Roe

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
I agree that Beretta did not handle this issue well but it is typical of big corporations. Vehicle companies have been doing the exact same thing for years and I'm sure you guys still drive GMC's, Fords, exc. One thing all you Tikka/Sako bashers need to keep in mind is that both Tikka and Sako used to be family owned and ran companies and I bet back in those days the issue may have been handled differently. But they are now owned by Beretta and it is also possible that the family side of Sako/Tikka might have wanted to handle it differently but they may not have a say in the matter for they are controlled by Beretta. By the way bashers, this is not the question this gentleman asked so please go do your bashing on a Sako/Tikka bashing thread. I normally dont rant or start fights on here but I'm sick of certain people going on and on about this recall/mistake. Both these companies have extremely great reputations and this one incident should'nt be held over there heads for ever. And on a side note, my condolences to anyone who may have been injured as a result of this mistake. Now, back to the point at hand. Tzone, the answer to your question is yes, the T-3 is a good gun. It shoots sud one inch groups at 100 yards and the machining is a notch above most of the north american rifle makers. Just pick one up and compare it to say a remington; the tollerances are tighter and all the machining just looks more clean. Dont get me wrong, I am a Remington lover, own more then one, and am quite pleased with all of them. Im just stating the facts. One thing you should keep in ming though is that it is a very light rifle even in wood blued and if you want one in a mag, short mag cal. it will pack some punch but Im sure you already knew that. Anyways, good luck and good hunting.

The Avid Outdoorsman

IC B3

T
tzone Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Avid, Thanks for the reply. They look like really great guns. My brother in law is a shooting instructor and also speaks highly of them.

tzone

Camp is where you make it.
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
No problem Tzone, any time. By the way, my dad just bought one in the hunter model (blued/wood) in 300 wsm and I have not had a chance to shoot it, but I must say even the machining on the wood is very clean. I'll let you know how it shoots when I have a chance to shoot it but I'm sure it will shoot well because I've yet to see/shoot/hear about one that wont shoot 1 inch groups.

The Avid Outdoorsman

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Good rifle, yes. Good company, no.

Hunting success is 90 percent hunter, 10 percent weapon.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (320090T, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 257_X_50, 20 invisible), 1,224 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,939
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.