Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Well it seems the Brain Dead Lawmakers in New York State want to pass another new law that basically states that you automatically give your consent to having your organs harvested at death. The State wants to pass this law creating "your consent" whether you consent or not. If the law is passed you will have to have written proof that you do not want this done to you. What is the chance you will die with written instructions to keep their scalpels off of you?
I don't know what is wrong with the existing method where you have to GIVE them? permission to harvest your organs.
It figures, just another law to control every aspect of our lives, even in death.
I also wonder how long your loved ones body will be on hold til the harvesting is complete and in what condition will you get the body back?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Soylent Green!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I also wonder how long your loved ones body will be on hold til the harvesting is complete and in what condition will you get the body back?

Doesn't take long (couple of hours maybe), they will never know the difference.

Don't agree with the implied consent though...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Don't think that one will stand up to scruitiny.

1Minute
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

What bothers me about the organ ghouls is that the only person (estate) that doesn't get paid is the donor. The hospital makes money, the doctors and nurses get paid the recipient certainly gets paid.

What's wrong with paying the donor or his estate a few hundred thousand tax free dollars? You can BYSA that would solve any organ shortage.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Doesn't take long (couple of hours maybe), they will never know the difference.

Don't agree with the implied consent though...

My brother died a couple months ago and we donated everything they could use at his request. They could only use parts of his eyes as it turned out because of a thing called Horners Syndrome that he had. The docs spent 45 min on the phone with Mom getting his complete medical history. The actual harvest took less time than that.
Then they delivered him to the funeral home so we didn't have to pay for them to pick him up. That was a nice touch.

There was no implied consent here, for sure. They had to jump through all kinds of hoops even though he had donor on his drivers license. This was in Oregon, btw.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Govt figures they own your azz so why not your organs too?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rock Chuck----Sorry to hear about your loss but what a great gift you folks passed on.

I feel the same way when I leave here and head home....take all ya' can 'cause I don't need it anymore....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
When people get organ transplants, the doctors get paid. Hospital gets paid, everyone who has their hand in it gets paid. Does the family of the donor get any compensation to help with funeral expenses or anything? Only seems right. Not saying they should profit and get a bunch of $$$, but funerals are expensive.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They can have mine if they promise to put them only in Democrats. They'll all die of course. Not that it's a bad thing....

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the whole non-consent idea seems a very nice addition to death care, to me.

Wonder what else they've got in store for us?
Just looking out for our best interest, I'm sure...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sorry to hear about your brother.

One of my nephews is a coordinator for organ harvest teams. He's usually the first one on site and the last to leave. Not only does he have to get the team/teams in-place and get the organs/tissue where they need to go he deals with all the issues at the hospital, including being the contact point for the donor's family. His work day is twenty four hours plus, I don't believe I could do his job no matter what the pay.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM
When people get organ transplants, the doctors get paid. Hospital gets paid, everyone who has their hand in it gets paid. Does the family of the donor get any compensation to help with funeral expenses or anything? Only seems right. Not saying they should profit and get a bunch of $$$, but funerals are expensive.

I think the estate, or the donor, should get at least $100,000 for significant organs such as hearts, livers, and kidneys. This would probably eliminate any shortages

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by Tony270WSM

I think the estate, or the donor, should get at least $100,000 for significant organs such as hearts, livers, and kidneys. This would probably eliminate any shortages

Who pays that $100,000? Out of pocket? Insurance companies? Obamacare?

They call it organ "donor", not organ "seller" last I checked.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too much money in those organs for the state to pass up. Now their going to get taxes off your organs.
Without your consent I might add. Isn't this taxation without representation if you have ever heard of that before?

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 04/28/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll give mine to who ever needs them....when I'm dead.

If I'm alive you're gonna' pay thru the arse for'em.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Under Obamacare no the Government's going to decide who gets them and it won't be any radical conservatives you old Tea Party members. crazy

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 04/28/10.

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

Under Obamacare no the Government's going to decide who gets them and it won't be any radical conservatives you old Tea Party members. crazy

I don't give a rats ass who gets my organs when I am done.....even a big government democrat like yourself could potentially "get a brain"....or some "courage"....that would be a big change for ya'.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

I don't give a rats ass who gets my organs when I am done.....even a big government democrat like yourself could potentially "get a brain"....or some "courage"....that would be a big change for ya'.

Now that proves you don't have a brain and haven't read any of my posts turd!

NRA Lifetime Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Actually I have....hence my reply.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1minute, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,607
Posts18,511,592
Members74,007
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.