Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
mikfla Offline OP
OP Offline
M
after i get my 375 H&H I will hope that i will not buy another gun but if that happens I have been thinking of the sendero a bit.<P>I feel that the sendero will make a great long range varmit gun in maybe the 22-250 and it also might have uses in a long range bigger bore gun such as the 300 wsm or the 300 win mag<P>How have you liked your sendero so far and would you buy it again if you had it to do all over again?<P>thanks

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
mikfla, <P>Hmmm, interesting question. The Sendero is pretty much a limited use weapon primarily because its like lugging a Bazooka around.(All up weight with scope and bipod pushing 10.5-11 lbs.) Not exactly my idea of a mountain rifle [Linked Image]. That said, however, for the type of hunting that I do, it's pretty close to ideal although I could always use another, lighter, rifle for stumbling around in the thick stuff when hog hunting. A 22" bbl 375 H&H would do nicely (Donors welcome [Linked Image]) I was very lucky in getting a "shooter" with no work required other than a trigger adjustment. It wears a Zeiss Diavari 3X9 and is a consistent Sub MOA Rifle with it's preferred handloads. I also like the fact that it is "muzzle heavy" which makes it easier for me to shoot offhand accurately. That 26" bbl also keeps velocities up there for slightly better long-ranging shots, 300-350 yds being my personal self-imposed limits. (My shooting abilities aren't as good as my equipment [Linked Image] )<P>The problem with Remington (as with most "mass production" manufacturers, it appears,) is getting a good one. Buying a new rifle nowadays is no guarantee that it'll shoot well. Ask Littlebit about his 388 Ultra. I also have a little personal thing about the goiter that Remington chose to put on the bolts of their current 700's & Model 7's, and won't have one on principle. The "sick lump from Michigan" [Linked Image] (E4E) has been singing the praises of Tikka & Sako for a while now so my next purchase may well be a Scandinavian offering. To make a long story short, Yup, I like my Sendero, wouldn't buy a new one with the ugly bolt lock, would consider a known good used one that I could verify by shooting first if possible. regards, badger.<P>------------------<BR>Gun control is good bullet placement.....<p>[This message has been edited by badger (edited April 08, 2001).]

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

M
mikfla Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I saw a guy at the range a while back that had a custom gun built with the rem 700 action and that gun was great it had a heavy barrel and the gun it self was very heavy but the guy let me shoot it one time and with that 800 dollar leupold scope on it my first and only shot took out the center x and here was no recoil that i felt, could not think of a sweeter long range varmit gun.<P>I know the feeling of not knowing if you will get a good shooter or not, I have been very lucky in that all my guns will group 1 1/2 or less other then my 22 mag and 30-30 at 100 yards and the 30-30 and 22 mag will usually do 2 to 2 1/2 groups at 100 yards.<P>have a 45-70 that puts the bullets into a ragged hole at 100 yards, my 270 win is a good shooter and my 7mm rem mag will do under 1 1/2".<P>sounds like your not real thrilled with the sendero.<P>best shooter i even owned was over 25 years ago and that was a rem 700 which i could hit nail heads with at 100 yards, i sold it threw the years and to this day i have never had anything shoot as well.<P>the quality of guns has gone down over the years and to buy a good one to day is a risk to say the least.<P>would like a nice bench gun or varmit gun, when my son gets older i will probaly buy him a rem mountain rifle or some type of light weight rifle for hog hunting with me, maybe a 260 rem or a 243.<P>my hog guns are a 30-30 and 45-70 and a 45 colt, and during archery just a bow, jennings buckmaster 2000 that i just bought about a year ago i retired a old bear white tail hunter and I love my recurves but how can you argue with the accuracy you get today with the new bows.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,152
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.