Print Thread
Hop To
D
Duc1198 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Might just be rambling, may not make sense, you may not agree... I don't care.

Illegal immigrants. Illegal, not here legally. Illegal, aka against the law. Somehow illegal immigrants have not only been overlooked, but given huge benefits and opportunities.

Here illegally? See. Oh wait, let me cater to your needs and get a Spanish speaking representative for you, since you didn't bother to learn English. And since you're here, here is a drivers license. Have kids? Lets enroll them in school. You want to go yourself, the UC down the road gives you reduced tuition, but the (white, black, Asian, Indian, etc) person down there has to pay full tution because they're here legally. White guy in line: "Hey can I get that reduced tuition, too? "Ha... yeah right, full price for you pal." What else do you need, hospital care? Free....

WTF is going on? Here illegally, breaking the law, and are given things we citizens aren't? It has all been said, I'll move on...

Welfare: WTF do we have welfare for? Back on illegals for a moment. They'll do work that "regular" Americans won't do? Heres a thought: kick the illegals out and give their underpaid jobs to people on welfare. Here you go, here is a job. Get off your ass and go do it. And because it is an underpaying job, we'll go ahead and continue to give you your welfare check to make up the difference. Don't want the job? No problem, we'll just stop giving you welfare. Give them a choice and give them a job.

War: War is ugly. People get hurt. People die. It isn't nice. Stop worrying about offending someone and get the damn job done and get the F out. I'm so tired of our troops being criticized for this or that. A couple journalists are hanging out with some armed insurgents, in daylight, in the open. Ummm, bad idea. Big brother in the sky is watching. I saw the video and there were weapons. Hard to see most of the time, but they were there and they were spotted. Was their fault for putting themselves in that position and getting killed.

Army personnel especially are seeing tours up to 18 months at a time. Go home for a year, maybe a little more, and go back for another 12 or 18 months. Go home again, guess what... yep, sending your ass back again. The whole time they're seeing or hearing about friends, or friends of friends, getting shot up or killed. Away from home for that long and having their lives at stake. And some lazy ass, taking everything for granted, POS over here wants to play quarterback and look at every detail, while having the opportunity to do so for months on end, and point the finger if something isn't done to their satisfaction or someone gets hurt? [bleep] happens in real time over there, make a decision, call it in, take action. If they don't more of their buddies, or they themselves will be brought back with a flag over them. But that doesn't matter. What matters is the prisioner who got a bloody lip from some bad-ass Navy Seals who went out there and did their job. Bloody lip? I could give a [bleep] about that. At least he is alive. At least he has his head attached to his body, or his nuts haven't been cut off. Our troops die, just another number. Some POW gets a hangnail, it makes every major news organization.

And while our troops are over there fighting, sacraficing, making a real commitment, earning their paycheck and deserve much more we have the illegals getting all the benefits, or more, then the soldiers themselves. We have those on welfare complaining about not getting enough money, not enough to get the new Nikes they want on top of their living expenses.

WTF is wrong here? I'm not Republican, I'm not Democrat. I'm just an American that sees things that are messed up from both sides and can't understand some of the thinking going on in this country today. I'm pro gun and pro choice. I'm for the environment and for smaller government. I'm for doing what is right and what this country needs to do in order to get on the right track. Forget being PC, forget crying over spilled milk. Get the job done.

Why is it that this country seems like it is trying to put the needs, desires and feelings of others before those of its citizens???

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agenda's and the lies that go along with them. What we need right now is someone that "makes" sense and has a record of "doing the right thing". Cut the budget, repeal, everyone pays fixed tax, get it done overseas, strengthen military, etc.

I feel like you do, and BTW:

If you don't vote you are not qualified enough to comment on this thread smile .

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well done , Sir.

It's nice to see someone willing to speak his mind, and set it out for the record in brief, and SUCCINCT text.

You may not realize this,.....

You just shot a 10X.

I know ( believe me ) that it really SUCKS to look at finished draft and, knowing EVERY WORD IS RIGHT,....have to hit send on as much of this "Bad News" as we're having too, in these times.

They ARE our times,...we didn't PICK em', did we ?

Write, Man,....and KEEP writing !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I agree with most of what ya had to say. smile

We have tended to forget how to get things done, in some cases.

As an example, despite all the environmentalists in this state, Texas now has much more wind power generation capability, according to an article I read. Why? If they want it, they simply go build it. In California, everyone seems to want to be an amateur bureaucrat. There's one major wind farm that's been in planning for 3 years, waiting on an environmental impact statement. Why on earth does something obviously good for the environment need an environmental impact statement?????

That's my mini-rant, concurring with you.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 2,383 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,783
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.