Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
When I heard that Target (a French Company) that bothered me somewhat as I prefer to keep my money on this side of the wide waters. Then I heard Target would not only NOT allow the Salvation Army to have their Christmas bell ringers on their property. That was really bad news to me. That was followed by the news that Target wouldn't allow the US Marines from doing their "Toys for Tots" program on Target property. That broke it for me, I will go without before I set a foot on Target property.

Today I found out when I drove through a McDonalds that had a Veteran/handicaped also selling/collecting money for the Vets and the associated Red Poppies they give. The Tim Hortons chain will not allow them on their property. What would you expect from a company not based in America. I really was surprised because Tim Hortons was a Canadian firm named after the Hockey player that also played for Buffalo. ( my apologies to the more loyal Canadians in here)
Well, I now need to find another place to buy my daily coffee and donut. It won't be Hortons though.
I hope this pizzes you forum members as much as it does me.

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 05/01/10.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Target is a french company?
It was started here in Minnesota by the Dayton family,as in Mn senator Mark Dayton.
Im pretty sure they still own it.Doesnt mean I agree with their policies,just I dont think its french.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fluffy
Target is a french company?
It was started here in Minnesota by the Dayton family,as in Mn senator Mark Dayton.
Im pretty sure they still own it.Doesnt mean I agree with their policies,just I dont think its french.

Why do you think they renamed it "Tar-jay"?...... wink

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
[quote=fluffy]

Why do you think they renamed it "Tar-jay"?...... wink

Casey

That term has been hanged on Target (A subsiderary of Dayton Hudson Co. of Minneapolis MN) for years.....no different the Jock Pen'ay....for J C Penney.....Minneapolis slang for being cute in discussion.

Target is NOT French.....they are worse....they are Democrat!

Last edited by vapodog; 05/01/10.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a hard time believing that Tim Horton's has that attitude. Here in Canada they are a huge supporter of the Canadian Forces and Canadian Veterans. There is a Tim's in Kandahar, when I was in Bosnia, they would send donated coffee and thier paper cups over for a "taste of home". They always have Poppy Boxes in the store in November. A few years ago they were the official distributer of the Rememberance Day quarters. You guys may recall the Canadian coin with a red poppy in the middle of it.
There must be more to it than meets the eye.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I think the Tarche nickname comes from trying to make sound like The Bon marche chain store, also Kmart=Kmarche.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is always more to it than the chain emails say....

This isn't bad...if Target was French and that stuff with Sal's Army and The Marines actually happened as you've said. Target has always been a Minnesota company, and has been ranked #11 in charitable giving in the U.S. by Forbes Magazine.

Target has a non-solicitation rule for all of its properties, but usually goes to great lengths to support charities in other ways. For example Target has managed online initiatives for the Salvation Army that have earned nearly triple the amount of revenue than they would have received from bell ringers at those stores.

http://www.uss.salvationarmy.org/US...194EDFF25EE852575C5007656B5?opendocument

Last edited by Aileinduinn; 05/01/10.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by troutfly
I have a hard time believing that Tim Horton's has that attitude. Here in Canada they are a huge supporter of the Canadian Forces and Canadian Veterans. There is a Tim's in Kandahar, when I was in Bosnia, they would send donated coffee and thier paper cups over for a "taste of home". They always have Poppy Boxes in the store in November. A few years ago they were the official distributer of the Rememberance Day quarters. You guys may recall the Canadian coin with a red poppy in the middle of it.
There must be more to it than meets the eye.

They operate on every military base in Canada. I call BS, or there is way more to this story that meets the eye.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Target had bell ringers here in O'Fallon Illinois this winter.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You might have gotten the impression they were French from the habit many have of pronouncing it Tarjay. This is a joke, though.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The Real Hawkeye. As an American veteran I disapprove of your Avatar, it offends me. I would apreciate it if you would change it. Thank you.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

J.C. Penay, anyone?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
so you fought for his right to have the avatar but then decide he shouldn't have it?

the flag goes upside down is a distress signal. if you haven't noticed, our country is in distress.

not to jump on you, and i appreciate your service to our country. but i am going to have to be on Hawkeye's corner on this one.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Well, ya still got WalMart...

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by killahog
The Real Hawkeye. As an American veteran I disapprove of your Avatar, it offends me. I would apreciate it if you would change it. Thank you.
I appreciate your gentlemanly approach. In appreciation of your approach, I will respond in kind. Your offense stems from ignorance. I suggest you look into the use of the upside-down American flag as a symbol of distress or emergency where you will discover that this is not in fact a disrespectful use of the American flag.

The flag in my avatar will be restored to an upright position when those who seek the destruction of the United States have been expelled from a majority position in our national government. Not a day sooner.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
well-said. i hope my post did not come off as rude.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
well-said. i hope my post did not come off as rude.
Not at all, and thanks. I appreciate it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
well hell. look at the damage to my reputation...potentially...from defending you in public. lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I won't hold it against ya Matt.

...new laws were most numerous when the commonwealth was most corrupt. ~ Publius Cornelius Tacitus
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
well, alright.

...but that's only because you're a 6.5 addict like me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

709 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 163bc, 77 invisible), 3,225 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,542
Posts18,510,049
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.