Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
PH Texan
Being a Texan, I'm pro-energy but there is more to solar and wind and Canada oil sands and our Wyoming shale-oil than drilling offshore- less environmental impact.

Let's stop this offshore clusterpuck!!!!

another lefty troll.........

7 posts in a day, for a [bleep] newb, and this is all the dipscheit has to say:
The real problem has to do with illegal immigrants.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/01/10.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well, I must've left my tinfoil off last night, or the government has finally developed little rays that go right through it, 'cause I don't suspect any conspiracy here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another conspiracy theory from Rush. That helps. And BP is doing everything humanly possible to repair whatever happened, but they don't seem to have a clue, except to call the Coast Guard, and their stock is falling. Now that's important.

Oh, how about this not being a major spill even if it takes a year to cap? I read that on here or the saltwater forum yesterday.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In an effort to show just how serious we are about stopping oil exploration and drilling, I say we stop using carbon based fuels immediately.

I'll wait for you to set the example, then I'll join in.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
No this wreck is not one of those conspiracy things.
By the way we were speaking about the Valdez the other day. 21 years later they are still finding ducks with oil on their feathers.
There are still exists pools of oil missed by the workers or that have surfaced later.

How was oil discovered? It was pools of oil above graound and animals were constantly getting in them and dying. If man had not refined the oil those above ground pools would still be a problem taoday. It is acctualy un-natural not to have animal getting oil soaked

Most do not know the history of oil apparently

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
during cementing operations, they had a pressure surge, the mud column didn't hold, the BOP failed, oil and gas hit the rig floor and was ignited. rig eventually burned up and sank, pipe string is twisted up on the botton. ROVs have been trying and failing to activate the BOP on the sea floor through a tangle of rig debris and pipe.

anybody who thinks BP isn't doing everything money can buy to get this shut in is smoking dope.

Steve is correct. For those of you that think ti is a simple matter to close in this well nuder water, then be my guest and close it off, never mind the danger associated with doing so.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
+1-- BP is desperate to shut this thing in. Their stocks are taking a hit and oil prices are gonna go up because of the associated costs for cleanup. Bad publicity and a looming moritorium. In the end it's the fellas at the gas pumps like you and me that will pay not big oil.

Just remember that I am big oil! I am a shareholder and I suspect that you are too if you have any mutual funds. Big oil is not really any different from small oil, just the number of owners.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BP has a pretty lousy reputation in the US, on many levels. This is kind of like payback....for their stupid greenie commercials they've been running, and their cozying up to the carbon credit/AGW scam artists here and in England trying to buy political cover.

If you're going to be an oil company, grow a pair and act like one, instead of a flower shop. And take care of your business, instead of this amateur hour they've got going.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Offshore oil is a disaster: Our fishing and seafood and health are at risk

Riding and or driving an automobile is a far greater risk to your health

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Offshore oil is a disaster: Our fishing and seafood and health are at risk

I got a good chuckle out of that..thank you ! grin

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I allways wonder about these containment issues with oil, I mean it completely seperates itself from water doesn't tend to blend with any other nonvolitile liquids is less dense than water why not drop a a hvy fkn inverted funnel over the leak with pipe attached and pump it off till the bop can be clipped. 5000 feet gents ain't that deep with todays tech. I can see the pipe debri bein a bitch though. I just keep hearing these horror stories repeated over and over, I think we have to think huge containment contraptions, funnels for well leaks, huge vacuums, and agitators, [bleep] old walmart floaty rafts just aren't ever gonna cut it, booms either.

I do believe that bp is doing what they can but even more than that I believe there is a lot that could be devised adn created for these type of scenarios, oil containment etc, surrounding it and burning is about a dipshit idea if there was one. You gotta catch it at the root somehow.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
BP has a pretty lousy reputation in the US, on many levels. If you're going to be an oil company, grow a pair and act like one, instead of a flower shop. And take care of your business, instead of this amateur hour they've got going.

You know most people think BP stands for British Petroleum. According to BP it stands for Beyond Petroleum. Those who work for BP know that it means Brown Petroleum. Those that know Lord Brown, know that it actually stands for Brokeback Petroleum. So there isn't a pair there to grow, and flower shops...well....

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know some guys who represent BP in Houston who fought tooth and nail to keep Brown from being subpoeaned for a trial over there because they didn't figure a poofter peer would go over very well with a Texas jury.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Yeah, sounds like friggen politics; Texas maybe should have stayed independent; at least we'd have cleaner water and fewer illegal aliens from MX.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah you can't even harvest seafood without oil in the boat engine.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just talked to a buddy who is a high muckety muck in Exxon.....all the majors are trying to help BP figure out how to cork this thing. they are scared to death that the Obama admin will use this to shut in the whole Gulf.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
hussein might want to shut down the Gulf, but China, Russia, Mexico, Venezuela, Iran and a host of others are drilling night and day for the oil.

Losers of course.................. America

Sam......

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
The latest news is really sad and is expected to get worse:
Originally Posted by Associated Press
Shrimp, Oyster Beds, Fish & Wildlife Are Threatened

The Gulf Coast is expecting a devastating impact from the oil spill that occurred on April 20, 2010. Just 50 miles off the coast of Louisiana, BP was operating the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig, in 5000 feet of water.

Trying to stop the leak will be an overwhelming endeavor, which could take months to accomplish. After declaring a state of emergency on Thursday, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal agreed to allow BP Oil Company to conduct the massive cleanup underway. The oil slick is about twice the size of Maryland, and drifting toward the Mississippi Louisiana coastline.

This is considered by many in Mississippi and Louisiana to be worse then Hurricane Katrina. This could impact their livelihood and many Gulf Coast region's for many years to come. This oil spill could impact at least 10 wildlife management areas in the state of Louisiana and Mississippi. The officials on the Louisiana gulf coast, are expecting to see the thicker oil reach the shore over the next few days. This could take years to repair the catastrophic impact this will have on thousands of miles of coastal wetlands, from Texas to Florida.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
ALL fishing East of the MS River has been shut down frown

Those who are shrimpers , commercial fisherman, fishing guides, bait shop owners, boat launches, Marinas, hotels, etc...... are non-operational right now and receiving NO money due to this oil spill frown

praying that winds blow the oil more Easterly towards the MS, AL, FLA beaches. Oil is much easier removed from sandy beaches vs. marsh grass

90 percent of all the marine species in the Gulf of Mexico depend on the Louisiana coastal estuaries and marsh at some point in their lives

Louisiana produces 50 percent of the nation's wild shrimp crop, 40 percent of its blue claw crabs and 60 percent of its oysters .

just a few pics to share w/ my brothers

pics from Sun 4-25-10 ; oil slick was 100 miles long x 45 miles wide

[Linked Image]

notice how small the ships are

[Linked Image]

pics from 4-29-10 ; eeerily resembling a Hurricane

[Linked Image]

on Thursday the oil slick was @ 1150 sq miles in ircumference, by noon Saturday , it has tripled to 3850 sq miles ... mainly due to winds

general idea of what's going on

[Linked Image]

www.raginblaze.com - Cajun Seasoning with a Southwest Flare

Low sodium, No MSG, infused with smoked chipotle peppers

other seasonings/mixes: taco, chili, fajita, jerky, sausage seasoning, seafood boil, N.O. style coffee & chicory, beignet mix.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It will be hard to change careers now from fishing to cleaning shores, rocks,oil soaked critters etc..probably for many years to come. There will still be employment but of a different kind. There will also be big shortfalls of seafoods and expect a big price increase there also with Vietnam, Thailand, India, and other countries filling the orders.
Feel bad, for the good people of these coastal areas.
Divine help is needed for sure on this one.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.