Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got in a 22Hornet CZ527 Lux znd am FAR from impressed. The walnut stock finish is very blotchy, though straight-grained, and simply ugly. The test target is three over an inch at 50 meters...

But the bolt will not go in the rifle in any way I can find. The stripped body cannot be removed now...

Trying hard not to simply toss this on the RR tracks... Machining is rough, mill marks and "edges" on the flats and I suspect one of them is what is causing the problem, But I cannot find it.

I despise a rifle that does not at least work right out of the box... Unfortunately their QC packing [bleep] probably has learned all the tricks to make them go together (or apart) but there is nothing in the booklet... The safety locks on the bolt are obvious enough, and playing with the set trigger and removing/installing the magazine has been tried.

Any ideas? Please?
thanks,
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats funny right there!!

Try holding the trigger back and pushing it in???

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Kinda suprisisng out of a CZ.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Well Sitka..

I've owned the CZ-USAs now for about 10 years. Your complaints are the first I have heard of in that vein about the m527 rifles.

As to the test target, anyone who has owned many brand new CZ-USA rifles (centerfire or rimfire) will figure out quick that their test targets are not fired for accuracy but more as proof of function and sight regulation.

The good news is that unlike a Cooper,Kimber or Anschutz etc, it is easy to beat CZ test target groups in actual use- even the small ones.

As to the stock finish- is the sheen blotchy or the color uneven ? They use Turkish walnut on the Lux models and a lot of it is strangley coloered to begin with.

I have no clue about the problem with your bolt, I have never seen or heard of anyone having those problems with a CZ 527.. I have owned three m527s myself and they all worked a looked just fine. Definitely not a "POS".. So your problems intrigue me.

One question I do have. Is you gun brand new or used? What is the date code on the left side of the barrel breech?

Last edited by jim62; 04/28/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

If it dont fit........get a bigger hammer

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
most accurate rifle I ever owned is a 527 in 223. Wood finish is thick. I stripped it and finished with Watco oil. Couldn't believe the gorgeous piece of wood under whatever they use as finish. Surprised to hear of someone having so many problems with one.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Have you sent JO a PM, I'm sure he could help you.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Got in a 22Hornet CZ527 Lux znd am FAR from impressed. The walnut stock finish is very blotchy, though straight-grained, and simply ugly. The test target is three over an inch at 50 meters...

But the bolt will not go in the rifle in any way I can find. The stripped body cannot be removed now...

Trying hard not to simply toss this on the RR tracks... Machining is rough, mill marks and "edges" on the flats and I suspect one of them is what is causing the problem, But I cannot find it.

I despise a rifle that does not at least work right out of the box... Unfortunately their QC packing [bleep] probably has learned all the tricks to make them go together (or apart) but there is nothing in the booklet... The safety locks on the bolt are obvious enough, and playing with the set trigger and removing/installing the magazine has been tried.

Any ideas? Please?
thanks,
art

I sold my Ruger M77/Hornet and bought the same CZ POS you have.
Shot like schit and never could get used to the backwards safety and protruding mag. Sold it and bought a new Ruger M77/Hornet.
It shoots great.

Neil

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Mine just slides right in. You have to make sure that the safety is in the fire position. Other than that, I don't know what might be the problem.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Turned out to be several problems...

The bolt release button works easily but the lever did not track with it at all until it had been "worked repeatedly. It is still stiff, but can be made to work.

There was a large burr on the starboard action side along the bottom of the extractor "track". It required filing and I seriously doubt the rifle could have been functional prior to that action. The burr appeared to have been made during manufacture and was blued. It was large enough to prevent the extractor from sliding through the slot alone, without being mounted on the bolt.

The inside walls of the magazine well have been hit hard with a grinder of some kind and it just looks like someone was having a bad day when they started putting it together.

The wood is heavily stained and is very thin on the edges, so it looks like a very amateur staining job... I will try to post pictures later...

It is not my rifle and frankly I would not accept it if it was. But that is not my decision.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

Clairvoyant!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worse case, call up CZ in Kansas and I'd bet money that they'd address any issues you or whomevers rifle it is.

Life is just one damned thing after another
C
C
i just bought a 527 lux hornet,and it is slick . great finish and no function problems glass smoothe.
i would send the rifle back.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dang, mine looks decent and shoots great...

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
My 527 American in 223 is my favorite rifle.

CZ day in and day out surpasses everything short of a Kimber or the like. Sorry you're having problems, but no brand is perfect. I'd send it back if it was me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by luckyguy
My 527 American in 223 is my favorite rifle.

CZ day in and day out surpasses everything short of a Kimber or the like..
Whoa there, Seabisquit.. Let's not get carried away.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
C
just got a 527 lux,no problems at all sweet, man i would send that rifle back.do not give up ,it is a real shooter.mine shot sub min. groups out of the box with 45 gr. remington factory rounds.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I never had a problem with my 527. Somebody may have damaged yours after it left CZ. CZUSA has great customer service; a quick call will probably clear up some of your problems. CZUSA was extremely helpful for some nonserious issues with my 550FS. My 527 Lux had very plain wood, but for the price I paid I was happy to have a walnut stock of any kind.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a CZ527 hornet, groups .55 to .75" 5 round groups at 100yrds all day long. 35gr vmax over lil'gun. love that rifle.

The Mountains Are Calling And I Must Go
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

149 members (akpls, 7mm_Loco, 43Shooter, 260Remguy, 17 invisible), 17,316 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,879
Posts18,538,148
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
6 hours ago

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.