Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Anyone have one or shot one? I have a P3-AT and like it a lot. I am interested in a very small 9mm and this looks like it might work. Thanks, Al

GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Owned one. It can fill that bill nicely. Recoil is snappy, and the "rail" on the front is just stupid.

Honestly, the Kahr models are far better in regards to trigger, concealment, and manufacturing quality.

A
acy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Thanks. That is the kind of info I am looking for. Al

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll have to second VA's comments. Had one and really did not like it (trigger mainly). The size is great but it just wasn't working for me. Moved it on to someone who is glad to have it but shoots it rarely. While I don't own a Kahr, they do have much nicer triggers (and of course cost a good bit more).

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would take a second look at taurus new 9mm slim and I think they are also coming out with a tcp 9mm modeled after their 380.

IC B2

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I have one.....it's currently back at Kel-Tek for warranty work (going on 7 weeks now). Every time I shot it, it would release the magazine. Basically turned it into a single shot. Have not decided if I'll keep it or not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Partagas - interesting observation as I just picked one of the "slim's" up. Didn't comment on it as I've only cleaned it up and haven't shot or carried it yet at all. I see this as my "in between" - better but bigger than the LCP but smaller and easier to carry than any of my 1911's (even the officer size). Think I will like it but no substantive comments yet as I haven't fired the weapon. I DO like the similarity in the manual of arms to the 1911 (thumb safety, etc.).

Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
The Kahrs are bigger and nicer, the 702 Slim is just a little bit bigger and has a decent trigger much like a glock but with restrike. It's also larger and heavier just a bit. I find the Slim a good shooter. I have a P3AT, a PF-9, a CW 40 and the 702 slim. The PF-9 is snappy to shoot but, mine has good velocity even for so short a barrel with std. loads. I really don't like +P in it thopugh it's rated for it for carry. The PF-9 still isn't a pocket .380, it is a viable option for carry in a light shirt and light shorts in something like a Crossbreed mini tuck.

To the point the PF-9 as small and as light as a 9mm pistol gets. The accuracy, velocity and trigger are all reasonable, the sights are decent and it's quite affordable. No you aren't going to run 200 or even 75 through it in a single range session without feeling it. Mine has proven 100% from the get go. I hope that helps.

Last edited by Planemech; 05/03/10.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Acy, I have had 4 Kel-Tecs and only one was really good enough (Jamming sessions) in accuracy at 21 ft to suit my standards. However, that gun JAMMED when ever I tried to fire is "rapid fire" at the range. If you don't let that trigger come all the way back after each round is fired, it will JAM on you every time when shooting rapid fire.

You much better off to purchase a Kahr or better yet a sub-compact GlOCK model 26 (9mm Luger) which holds 11 rounds total. They are very accurate and extremely dependable too. You check out the U-TUBE on GLOCKS!!!

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I own a PF-9. It's been back to the factory twice (for two different problems) and it's still finicky. I don't trust it and wouldn't sell it to anyone. My P3AT is very reliable. The Kel-Tec people were very nice to work with. My gun dealer had warned me that they were getting a lot of returns on the PF-9 and now I know why.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't imagine why someone would want to carry such a weapon that is cheap made and has all those little traits about them. If I am going to carry a gun to ward off would be attackers, I want something that is as dependable as it gets and to me, that is a GLOCK or H&K in a semi-auto pistol. They have twice the firepower or ammo in their magazine verses a 6 shot revolver which in most cases only has 5 rounds loaded in the cylinder.

Today's car jackers seem to run in 3's not just one single person trying to make off with your vehicle. I don't have to worry about running out of ammo with my semi-auto Glock. My Glock 20 for instance, holds 14 rounds of 10mm caliber ammo before going to my backup pistol, another Glock model 29 sub-compact holding 11 rounds.

Last edited by Tonk; 05/07/10.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one on my hip right now. I got it about two months ago. It has been a fine pistol. Shot well and to point of aim at the range with a slight adjustment of the rear sight. Accuracy isn't stellar but then, its not a long range afair. Its very light and flat. I carry it in a crossbreed holster.

I did deburr mine with my pocket knife though - this elimination of the mold lines made it much more comfortable to shoot.

I do not plan on shooting this at the range a lot. I put 150 rounds through it at the range and was satisfied with the performance. Cleaned it up and strapped it on.

I will shoot it occasionally - 50 rounds or so to keep myself familar with it, but that's it.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I can't imagine why anyone would carry such a poorly pointing, ugly, crappy trigger piece as a Glock. My experience and that of many. many others is different than yours Tonk. Maybe it's all those things to you, it isn't to me or many others. Pass along your experiences and spare us the proselytizing about what choices are right according to Tonk.

Last edited by Planemech; 05/07/10.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have a keltec p32 & i love it.I have it all the time.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Planemech........Now let me just set your bow in a straight line young fellow! I hate the looks of all poly plastic pistols and have no love for the GLOCK understand. Just so you know the facts Pal!

Now I carry a Glock because I can no longer shoot my 1911's and with a bad hand can no longer sweep the safety off of any of my Kimbers, Colts etc. Shooting a revolver is not going to happen either.

However, the GLOCK is what it is and that is simply one of the very best dependable (bet your life on!) pistols a person could own that will not fail you on the battle field or streets. No other company has ever come close to running the tests and shooting as many rounds through their pistol as Glock has and you can go to U-Tube to see other tests done on a Glock. I carry the Ugly Glocks for a single purpose and that is to survive an attack and come out on top.

Those of you who kid yourself with a cheap pistol in your pocket and have not yet run 500 rounds through that pistol (Rapid Fire Shooting) before entering it into service are pushing the envelope. Why even Sig Sauer says to run 350 to 400 rounds through their pistols before they are broke in well enough etc.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
once you go glock,you won't go back. i've owned 7 glocks this year. i have 2 g23's now. simple,reliable,accurate. what else could you want in a killing machine.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by srwshooter
once you go glock,you won't go back. i've owned 7 glocks this year. i have 2 g23's now. simple,reliable,accurate. what else could you want in a killing machine.

something that will carry in my front pants pocket without printing

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have carried and so has the wife, a Glock model 26 in my shorts front pocket and you can not tell I have a gun in my pants at all. However, I do not wear skin tight jeans guns! If I do wear jeans, I put the pistol in my right hand back pocket and it is covered by a long tail shirt such as a T-shirt or other shirt.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Tonk
I have carried and so has the wife, a Glock model 26 in my shorts front pocket and you can not tell I have a gun in my pants at all. However, I do not wear skin tight jeans guns! If I do wear jeans, I put the pistol in my right hand back pocket and it is covered by a long tail shirt such as a T-shirt or other shirt.

Do you use a pocket holster? I tried a glock and it printed badly in my dress pants every time I sat down. Not only could you tell I had something large in my front pocket, but it was clear it was a pistol.

The PF-9 is much thinner, and in my dress pants with a Desantis pocket holster it looks like a wallet when I sit. Maybe something one more step down would work slightly better. I have thought about a P-3AT, but in my case my PF-9 has been very reliable and accurate enough that its hard to justify the P-3AT

As for covering it with a shirt, my job isn't going to allow me to wear an untucked shirt. In the cooler months I can wear a suit coat, but May-Sept that would look out of place, say nothing of uncomfortable.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
noKnees;

I've owned and shot dozens of Kel-tecs, and I have yet to find one that is a better combination of size, concealability, power, and reliability than the P3AT. I've run literally thousands of rounds through various P3ATs and IF YOU FEED IT AMMO IT LIKES have found them very reliable (non-ammo failures in the LOW single digit totals) and quite surprisingly accurate.

I've owned the P32s, P3ATs, PF-9s, and P-11s. Of the lot, the P3AT is, imho, the best, and for what you're looking for it is as near perfect as anything out there.

For ammo, stick with either the Speer GoldDot JHPs or Remington GoldenSabre JHPs. I've never had even a single issue with either of those loads in any P3AT I've shot.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 43 invisible), 2,234 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.