Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Funny how the original post had it listed for $300, and now the guy wants to do it as an auction, and says it's listed locally while he looks for the best deal.

Seems he made an offer, there was acceptance per board rules, and I'm hoping he sticks to the sale.

Otherwise... well, his tenure here won't be long at all.

Dont know where you came to this conclusion? Give me some slack!

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BTT
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by olthunter
i just found out today about this site from hunting-washington.com so i am a newbie. they said the gun will sell fast here, and i've been surprised by the responses!

You might want to ask over there, what they see as far as your sale here, too.

Schitting in your own nest, in multiple places at once, takes talent.

Good job on pulling that one off.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Funny how the original post had it listed for $300, and now the guy wants to do it as an auction, and says it's listed locally while he looks for the best deal.

Seems he made an offer, there was acceptance per board rules, and I'm hoping he sticks to the sale.

Otherwise... well, his tenure here won't be long at all.

Dont know where you came to this conclusion? Give me some slack!

Thread title "Remington 700 ADL .300 Win Mag $300".

That, is a listed "For Sale" good with a set price.

You have a public "I'll take it".

That, is acceptance of your offer for sale, for your set price.

That, is a purchase/sale contract.

O
OP Offline
O
I'm listing it on as many places as I can, the auction site has other fees associated with it and doesn't get much traffic. My offer here is $300 with $25 for shipping. Please don't infer anything about my intentions, although I guess they can be warranted and understandable.

Right. You made the offer for sale, for a set price, in your listing. You got an acceptance of that offer for sale, for your price.

That, is a sale. Period.

Contract Law 101.

It's on you to honor that sale, at that price, or for the BUYER to let you out of the contract.

Board rules, and fairly standard contract purchase/sale rules.

I got an offer for $300 without shipping in a PM from Lever, and haven't got a confirmation from him...so technically my offer was not accepted. Now maybe I missed something between the Forums and PM's I got from Lever but hopefully he can jump on here and clear this up for you guys. I've sent him my contact info and we are in talks between splitting shipping and drop offs. He didn't flat out accept my original offer, so hope that helps clear some things up. HELP LEVER!

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Technically, your offer was accepted. See the post by Levers saying "I'll take it"? That's an acceptance.

And, beyond that, jolintaxidermy chimed in with an acceptance should the Levers deal FOR YOUR ASKING PRICE fall through.

O
OP Offline
O
Technically, your offer was accepted. See the post by Levers saying "I'll take it"? That's an acceptance.

And, beyond that, jolintaxidermy chimed in with an acceptance should the Levers deal FOR YOUR ASKING PRICE fall through.

Well I guess my classified forum selling protocol understanding is not up to par. Okay so I will PM jolintaxidermy to see if he will accept the original offer while I negotiate with Lever? Didn't know a forum post of i'll take it constituted a deal? I can remove my auction listing if that will apease the members? i'm using the pictures hosted there for this listing and I've had that relisted there for a couple weeks, it automatically relists and have not received any interest.

Last edited by olthunter; 05/03/10.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The ball is in your court.

Your ad, your price, your rifle, your reputation.

You had the responses to the ad, and acceptance of your price.

The rest, is on you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Levers is just as much a part of this deal as the OP.
His public "I'll take it" means he'll pay $325 total including shipping. If this is not what Levers was saying then Jolin gets it for the $325.
Simple really.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If he doesn't take it, I will for 300 plus 25 shipping per your request and that is one hundred percent an I will take it, please make sure that all other I'll take its that appeared before mine are allowed chance to decline.

Last edited by Strick9; 05/03/10.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
IC B3

O
OP Offline
O
have it up locally too, just trying to figure out the best option for me, thanks for the interest! i just found out today about this site from hunting-washington.com so i am a newbie. they said the gun will sell fast here, and i've been surprised by the responses!

Okay, I guess cause I'm a new guy, you guys weren't giving me the benefit of the doubt. Just wanted to hopefully clear this up once and for all:
a) i'm in Washington and have it listed in a washington site and have local interest
b) i posted it here to see if there would be firm offer for my gun
c) i have it listed on gunbroker too.

what i mean by this comment and in our PM messages from lever that there is interest in a few locals, so having to deal with shipping/FFL and that his offer was not for $325 I was waiting to see if I could get my asking price. Selling it for $300 and having to pay the entire shipping costs and driving it to a gunsmith might not be the best deal for me. Are we okay guys? Don't know what else I can do, I'm not trying to crawdad anything or not hold up my offer. Why would I sell it to someone for $300, pay for shipping myself, when I get an offer from some locally for my original asking price and not have to deal with shipping and FFL's? Just cause someone says they'll take it on a forum doesn't mean they'll follow up too and to mean doesn't mean much until the contact info is exchanged and the money is in hand. just my opinion

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No man, you need to remove your add here or sell it to Lever then Jolin then me bottom line.

[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by nsaqam
His public "I'll take it" means he'll pay $325 total including shipping. If this is not what Levers was saying then Jolin gets it for the $325.
Simple really.

Thanks guys, now that i know the protocal, I will follow suit, so I will tell Lever $325 take it or leave it, then jim, then you, than the next offer. thanks for not jumping on me either! no hard feelings VAnimrod

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
and that is the right thing to do, keep me posted.

[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
have it up locally too, just trying to figure out the best option for me, thanks for the interest! i just found out today about this site from hunting-washington.com so i am a newbie. they said the gun will sell fast here, and i've been surprised by the responses!

Okay, I guess cause I'm a new guy, you guys weren't giving me the benefit of the doubt. Just wanted to hopefully clear this up once and for all:
a) i'm in Washington and have it listed in a washington site and have local interest

what i mean by this comment and in our PM messages from lever that there is interest in a few locals, so having to deal with shipping/FFL and that his offer was not for $325 I was waiting to see if I could get my asking price. Selling it for $300 and having to pay the entire shipping costs and driving it to a gunsmith might not be the best deal for me. Are we okay guys? Don't know what else I can do, I'm not trying to crawdad anything or not hold up my offer. Why would I sell it to someone for $300, pay for shipping myself, when I get an offer from some locally for my original asking price and not have to deal with shipping and FFL's? Just cause someone says they'll take it on a forum doesn't mean they'll follow up too and to mean doesn't mean much until the contact info is exchanged and the money is in hand. just my opinion

HUH?

Are you maybe 5 years old or something? Have you never sold anything before anyplace? What is your honor and reputation worth? Obviously, much less than $325.

People here are honest outdoorsman. YOU listed a price including shipping ,which includes all cost of driving to your dealer or whatever else..... YOU made posting, and now 3 different people have accepted. IF you are not ethical enough to stand by your post, please go away and do not post here again

IMHO

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Simple really.

Yep...

Buy once, cry once.
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by hikerbum

HUH?

Are you maybe 5 years old or something? Have you never sold anything before anyplace? What is your honor and reputation worth? Obviously, much less than $325.

People here are honest outdoorsman. YOU listed a price including shipping ,which includes all cost of driving to your dealer or whatever else..... YOU made posting, and now 3 different people have accepted. IF you are not ethical enough to stand by your post, please go away and do not post here again

IMHO

I never had any intention not to stand by my post, but didn't know I'll take it with no PM was a firm offer for the actual price plus shipping. You guys really know how to make someone feel welcome, typical message board pointless BS and I'm done trying to explain myself. I will contact the "I'll take it offers" and go from there, thanks for all our your guys' great feedback.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what is the resolution here?
Levers agreed to $325 shipped.
If his "I'll take it" means something less than $325 then his word is suspect.
If I were the OP I'd sell it to the second "I'll take it" if the first one tried to negotiate something other than what he agreed to.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why do so many people make life so difficult?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Simple really.

Thanks guys, now that i know the protocal, I will follow suit, so I will tell Lever $325 take it or leave it, then jim, then you, than the next offer. thanks for not jumping on me either! no hard feelings VAnimrod

No hard feelings. Too many crawfish, and it had all the ear marks.

Good move, and good show.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (426crown, 222ND, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 44mc, 160user, 23 invisible), 2,563 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,646
Posts18,533,760
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.