Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just lookin' from the outside in it seems like olthunter is working to do the right thing. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem that way....

He got jumped on pretty hard in a real short time....

GB1

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Originally Posted by olthunter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Levers is just as much a part of this deal as the OP.
His public "I'll take it" means he'll pay $325 total including shipping. If this is not what Levers was saying then Jolin gets it for the $325.
Simple really.

Thanks guys, now that i know the protocal, I will follow suit, so I will tell Lever $325 take it or leave it, then jim, then you, than the next offer. thanks for not jumping on me either! no hard feelings VAnimrod

No hard feelings. Too many crawfish, and it had all the ear marks.

Good move, and good show.

Understandable, this is my first time selling a rifle through forums and online, so evidently didn't do it right and miscommunicated my intentions. I am an avid hunter/gun owner and honorable/respectful in all aspect of life.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like you're trying to do the right thing. Good for you.

You'll have a lot less problems in the future if you list an item for sale on one forum only and honor the first "I'll take it". If it doesn't sell in a reasonable time frame of your choosing then delete it from that forum and move it to another one if you wish.

Weiners are health food - My dad
O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Just lookin' from the outside in it seems like olthunter is working to do the right thing. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem that way....

He got jumped on pretty hard in a real short time....

Thanks JCMCUBIC! Seems we have it cleared up, I was ignorant of procedure doing this and what constitutes an offer, and along the way there was a big miscommuication

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by Delta Hunter
Sounds like you're trying to do the right thing. Good for you.

You'll have a lot less problems in the future if you list an item for sale on one forum only and honor the first "I'll take it". If it doesn't sell in a reasonable time frame of your choosing then delete it from that forum and move it to another one if you wish.

Makes sense, I'm just trying to use some business sense and get it to as many people as I can in as quick of a time, in all honesty, I didn't expect 3 offers here within an hour! Didn't know doing that was a forums no-no

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For $325 shipped whoever got this rifle got a good buy.

Welcome to the Campfire olthunter!

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Not as nasty a dust-up as some threads, but a quick classifieds tutorial, nonetheless.

Here's hoping Levers is thrilled with his rifle, Olthunter gets his $ lickety-split, & we welcome another hunter to the fire.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Not as nasty a dust-up as some threads, but a quick classifieds tutorial, nonetheless.

Here's hoping Levers is thrilled with his rifle, Olthunter gets his $ lickety-split, & we welcome another hunter to the fire.

FC

Well said.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He is doing the right thing, first offer to lever, second to Jolin and a pm giving me third rights, I believe he thought a pm was kinda the lingo for the contract and didn't seriously believe there were some folks truly jumping on it as he had zero traffic on other sites, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt as he seems very legit in his pm. Welcome to the fire there Olt and thanks for the pm.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Levers
I was haggling for a better deal....but I'll take it.

Looks like a sale at your terms to me. If I was Levers I'd not deal with you.

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
IC B3

O
OP Offline
O
Originally Posted by olblue
I was haggling for a better deal....but I'll take it.

Looks like a sale at your terms to me. If I was Levers I'd not deal with you.

it's that crystal clear to you huh? doesn't look too firm to me

Another question to all, what's the protocol for trying to move this gun as quick as I can and haven't heard back from a potential buyer? 24 hours?

Last edited by olthunter; 05/03/10.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
24 hours seems reasonable, unless you post some sort of time restrictions. Many people only sign on once a day or so.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I had to drive into town and just got back. I'm good to go on the $325. I think we can take this to payment, shipment, delivery, & shooting.....

O
OP Offline
O
I had to drive into town and just got back. I'm good to go on the $325. I think we can take this to payment, shipment, delivery, & shooting.....

Sounds good Levers! You have my contact info

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Sounds like a well organized mass of confusion.
So, I'll offer $250 including shipping, if the first and second "takers" aren't successful. It's commom knowledge that auctioneers will start high trying to sucker in some country bumpkin, and then come down until someone bites. How's dem apples.

Aim true - Use enough gun
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Shoot, is there a way to delete someone elses post? I was trying to delete Levers' post so the 24 hours passes, and then I would have a new .30 caliber....

Good snag Levers!

joe

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 219DW, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 70 invisible), 3,391 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,439
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.