Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He's probably off boycotting AZ and too busy to reply...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by rost495
He's probably off boy-dating in AZ and too busy to reply...

Fixed it for ya...

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by pacecars
Hell, I live in Florida and wish they would start drilling now off the coast as soon as possible. The positives far outweight the negatives.
all those old platforms out in the gulf make for some mighty fine fishing

Damn straight!

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
drilling is like airliners.
they are up n runnin all the time, but, when one goes down, my god, it's headlines.

[bleep] happens, burnig the oil won't pollute the atmospeher anymore than that volcano in iceland.
most likely less.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The only problem with burning is all the [bleep] crybabies that don't know their azz from a hole in the ground, and we had to wait... light it while its fresh, in a slick, and volatile... when you wait until its broken up, mixed with water etc.. its much harder to contain, burn etc....

The liberals think they have the best of the planet in mind, when its them that really screw it up the worst. Al Gore...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have a problem with off shore drilling. There's over 4000 rigs working that haven't had a disaster. What does piss a guy off, is there seems to have been no plan for this catastrophe. I mean really, did they think something like this would never happen with 4000 rigs drilling? The answer was yes, which speaks volums about the corporate greed. It's going to hit BP in the pocketbook. Maybe that will get their attention. Poor game plan if you ask me.

Last edited by 4100fps; 05/06/10.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I wouldn't say there isn't a game plan, its that the plan is not effectively working.

And the containment box thats there now, would be a custom design for each situation, so having plans on hand how to build one for each situation is about as far as they can go realistically.

The thing that still pisses me off, light the stuff as soon as it hits the surface.... WTF are you waiting on?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
It's quite obvious you have never seen the volumes of spill response plans that have to be filed for each drill site, tank battery, compressor station and platform, both on shore and off shore.

What happened here was a failure of redundant systems. Basicly they got blowed off the hole and the extreme pressure damaged the safety shutoff equipment. Now the question is did some dummy let the mud wieght drop too much or did a pocket of extreme overpressured gas break through. I've seen two rigs that were set up to handle 15,000 psi that burned to the ground when they hit pressures estimated to exceed 25,000 psi. That is where you call in Red Adair or Boots and Coots.

Mother nature has suprises like that sometimes. You prepare for them the best you can, but once in awhile she will bite you.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495

The thing that still pisses me off, light the stuff as soon as it hits the surface.... WTF are you waiting on?

A lesson learned in the PWS deal up here in '89......or not.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just the high ambient temperature would make things vastly better than the PWS deal, but adding crude that is far lighter just makes the whole deal far less likely to have any of the huge problems PWS had...

Then look at the fact they are at least trying to burn it and you have to know it is going to be a story that evaporates real fast, pun intended.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PH_Texan
[bleep] you [bleep] mother [bleep] [bleep] hole.

Leftist, dumocrap voting Texans, lowest form of white man they is.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Allen917
Now the question is did some dummy let the mud wieght drop too much or did a pocket of extreme overpressured gas break through. I've seen two rigs that were set up to handle 15,000 psi that burned to the ground when they hit pressures estimated to exceed 25,000 psi. That is where you call in Red Adair or Boots and Coots.

Mother nature has suprises like that sometimes. You prepare for them the best you can, but once in awhile she will bite you.

I read they were displacing to water when it happened. They are investigating the integrity of the cement job that Haliburton did 20hrs prior.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by cmfic1
I read they were displacing to water when it happened. They are investigating the integrity of the cement job that Haliburton did 20hrs prior.

Well we probably both have see Halliburton make a mistake with the cementing. I've had to dispose of several strings of tubing and casing that the cement flashed in. Fortunely the times it didn't set were not big deals other than rig time.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Well we probably both have see Halliburton make a mistake with the cementing. I've had to dispose of several strings of tubing and casing that the cement flashed in. Fortunely the times it didn't set were not big deals other than rig time.

Sometimes I'm a little slow. It just dawned on me that cmfic1 might be a leftist loonie trying to shift the blame from a left leaning oil company that is basicly owned by a homosexual to Halliburton who everone knows is secretly controlled by Dick Cheney who is a puppet of George Bush.

So you are saying it is George Bush's fault!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
everone knows is secretly controlled by Dick Cheney who is a puppet of George Bush

Nope. Everyone knows that Bush was Cheney's puppet.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Sometimes I'm a little slow. It just dawned on me that cmfic1 might be a leftist loonie trying to shift the blame from a left leaning oil company that is basicly owned by a homosexual to Halliburton who everone knows is secretly controlled by Dick Cheney who is a puppet of George Bush.

So you are saying it is George Bush's fault!!!!

I thought BP fired Lord Browneye over improprieties involving company property and the Lord's homosexual boyfriend... And he just ran it, the Queen owns most of it...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I thought BP fired Lord Browneye over improprieties involving company property and the Lord's homosexual boyfriend... And he just ran it, the Queen owns most of it...
art

From what I understand Lord Brown was right on the edge of mandatory retirement age, so when the details of his boyfriend came out and the 300,000 BP salary Lord Brown was paying him, he just opted for the retirement package with an apology for embarassing the company. My BP buddies in Houston tell me he still is calling some of the shots from the sidelines though.

I thank the Lord daily that he gave me the courage to package out of BP when I did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah I took the package too shortly after the AMOCO takeover.
I wasn't gonna work for a flippen company run by a [bleep].

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by PH_Texan
cal74, I agree- wind can be an eyesore, solar panels in the deserts might just be better.

Both sure as hell beat polluting thousands of miles of ocean and wetlands and gulf coast beaches and destroying natural habitat and fisheries for generations to come, wouldn't you agre?

Uh- these things are manufactured using hydrocarbons energies- oil, gas,coal - or nuclear power. They are another step UP the energy ladder, not any kind of solution to "green" energy - and have their own environmental problems.

me thinks some Texans are idjits. Not my relatives, of course. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Someone posted a great article in the Hunter's Campfire about how 8-80 times the oil spilled by the Exxon Valdez seeps out of the ocean floor and hasn't destroyed the planets ecosystem.

Wook

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 64 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,832
Posts18,517,042
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.